Would you like to save money by finding lower-priced Lincoln LS insurance in Lincoln? Are you a victim of high-priced Lincoln LS insurance in Lincoln? Say no more because you’re not alone.
Unbelievable but true according to a study the vast majority of consumers have stayed with the same insurance company for four years or more, and about 40% of consumers have never compared rates with other companies. Lincoln drivers could save an average of approximately $388 each year by just comparing quotes, but they don’t invest the time required to go online and compare rates.
Companies like GEICO, 21st Century and Progressive persitently shower you with ads and consumers find it hard to separate fact from fiction and take the time to shop coverage around.
You should make it a habit to get comparison quotes on a regular basis due to the fact that insurance prices are usually higher with each renewal. Just because you found the lowest rate on Lincoln LS insurance in Lincoln on your last policy you will most likely find a better premium rate today. Ignore everything you know about insurance because I’m going to teach you the right way to save money, get proper coverage and the best rates.
If you have insurance now, you will most likely be able to buy cheaper auto insurance using the concepts covered in this article. Choosing the best insurance company for you in Lincoln can be easy if you know a few tricks. But Nebraska consumers need to learn how companies price insurance differently and use it to your advantage.
Save with these discounts
Some insurance providers don’t always publicize all available discounts very clearly, so here is a list both the well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts that may be available.
- Paperless Signup – Some insurance companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for signing up on the internet.
- Bundle and Save – When you have multiple policies with the same company you may save nearly 15% which can help you find affordable Lincoln LS insurance rates in Lincoln.
- Driving Data Discount – Drivers who elect to allow their insurance company to study where and when they drive by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system might get better premium rates if they are good drivers.
- Clubs and Organizations – Being in specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations can get you a small discount when getting a Lincoln auto insurance quote.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with ABS or steering control have fewer accidents and will save you 10% or more on LS insurance in Lincoln.
- Homeowners Savings – Just owning your own home may trigger a policy discount on insurance due to the fact that maintaining a home requires personal responsibility.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Drivers over the age of 55 can get a discount up to 10%.
- Driver’s Ed – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them participate in a local driver’s education class if it’s offered in school.
- Life Insurance Discount – Larger insurance carriers have a lower premium rate if you buy life insurance.
As is typical with insurance, some credits don’t apply to the entire cost. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. If you do the math and it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, it doesn’t quite work that way.
Larger insurance companies and the discounts they provide are outlined below.
- State Farm may offer discounts for Drive Safe & Save, passive restraint, student away at school, anti-theft, multiple policy, defensive driving training, and multiple autos.
- Farmers Insurance discounts include electronic funds transfer, mature driver, early shopping, business and professional, alternative fuel, homeowner, and switch companies.
- Progressive offers discounts for online quote discount, online signing, good student, multi-policy, and continuous coverage.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including military active duty, air bags, anti-lock brakes, multi-vehicle, seat belt use, emergency military deployment, and membership and employees.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may include discounts for group or association, paperless, air bags, multiple vehicles, company car, and teen driver.
- The Hartford has discounts for driver training, vehicle fuel type, defensive driver, good student, and anti-theft.
- Farm Bureau has savings for 55 and retired, youthful driver, renewal discount, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and good student.
- USAA offers premium reductions for multi-vehicle, defensive driver, loyalty savings, driver training, vehicle storage, good student, and new vehicle.
When getting free Lincoln auto insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to each insurance company how many discounts you can get. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be offered everywhere. To view insurance companies with the best discounts in Lincoln, click here to view.
When looking for cheaper Lincoln auto insurance quotes, there are a couple ways to compare rate quotes from many car insurance companies in Nebraska. The best way to find the lowest rates is to perform an online rate comparison.
It’s so simple to compare car insurance rate quotes online replaces the need to call or drive to insurance agents’ offices. The internet has reduced the need for local agents unless you prefer the professional assistance of a local Lincoln agent. It is possible with some companies price shop your coverage online but purchase the actual policy in an agency. It’s important to know that obtaining a wide range of quotes will improve the odds of getting the best price. Some companies don’t provide Lincoln LS insurance quotes online, so it’s important to also get prices on coverage from those companies, too.
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide quotes in Nebraska. If you want to find the best auto insurance in Nebraska, it’s highly recommended you get price quotes from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
How Your LS Insurance Costs are Determined
When buying insurance it’s important to understand the rating factors that aid in calculating insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively determines base rates, this enables you to make decisions that will entitle you to cheaper rates.
The items below are some of the major factors used by companies to determine your prices.
Mature drivers save more – Beginning drivers in Nebraska are proven to be inattentive when at the wheel of a vehicle and because of this, their insurance rates are much higher. Older people are more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.
Don’t get traffic citations – Being a careful driver has a big impact on rates. Getting just one driving citation may cause rates to rise by twenty percent. Attentive drivers pay lower auto insurance prices than bad drivers. Drivers who have flagrant violations such as reckless driving or DUI may face state-mandated requirements to maintain a SR-22 with their state’s licensing department in order to legally drive.
Continuous coverage lowers prices – Going without insurance is a sure-fire way to drive up your policy premiums. Not only will rates go up, the inability to provide proof of insurance may result in fines and jail time.
Raising physical damage deductibles saves money – The deductibles tell how much you are willing to pay out-of-pocket if the claim is covered. Insurance for physical damage to your car, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, covers damage that occurs to your car. A few examples of covered claims are collision with another vehicle, animal collisions, and having a roll-over accident. The higher the amount you have to pay, the less money you will pay for insurance.
Buying auto insurance from Lincoln auto insurance agents
Many people would prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and there is nothing wrong with that. A nice benefit of comparing insurance prices online is that you can obtain the best rates and still have a local agent. Buying from neighborhood insurance agencies is especially important in Lincoln.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), the quote information is immediately sent to participating agents in Lincoln who will return price quotes for your coverage. There is no reason to search for any insurance agencies since rate quotes are delivered to you instantly. It’s the lowest rates AND a local agent. In the event you want to get a price quote from a specific company, feel free to jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
What types of auto insurance agents are in Lincoln?
If you are wanting to find a good Lincoln insurance agent, there are two different types of agencies and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Lincoln agents can either be independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies or Brokers
These agents often have many company appointments so as a result can place your coverage with a variety of different insurance companies and find you cheaper rates. If prices rise, they can switch companies in-house without you having to go to a different agency. When shopping rates, you definitely need to get insurance quotes from at least one independent agent in order to compare the most rates.
Featured below are independent insurance agents in Lincoln that can possibly get you cheap rate quotes.
Buethe and Associates Insurance Agency
2337 S 13th St – Lincoln, NE 68542 – (402) 474-2063 – View Map
These type of agents can only quote rates from one company like American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot compare rates from other companies so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agencies are usually well trained on their company’s products which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
Below is a list of exclusive agents in Lincoln that are able to give price quote information.
American Family Insurance – Tim Stewart Agency Inc.
5625 O St Ste 105 – Lincoln, NE 68510 – (402) 489-6211 – View Map
Finding a good auto insurance agent should include more criteria than just a cheap quote. These questions are important to ask:
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Lincoln?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
Choosing LS insurance is an important decision
Despite the fact that auto insurance is not cheap in Lincoln, maintaining insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific minimum amounts of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car legally. In Nebraska these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, most lenders will stipulate that you buy full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender will be forced to insure your Lincoln at a much higher premium rate and make you pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Auto insurance protects both your assets and your Lincoln. Insurance will pay for most medical and hospital costs for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of insuring your LS more than cancel out the cost, particularly for liability claims. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is overpaying more than $800 each year so you should quote and compare rates once a year at a minimum to make sure the price is not too high.
Some insurance companies don’t offer internet price quotes and usually these smaller providers provide coverage only through independent agencies. Cheaper insurance in Lincoln is definitely available on the web in addition to many Lincoln insurance agents, so you should compare both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
As you prepare to switch companies, do not reduce needed coverages to save money. There are a lot of situations where an accident victim reduced liability coverage limits and found out when filing a claim that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your goal is to buy enough coverage at the best price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
We covered a lot of tips how to lower your Lincoln LS insurance prices in Lincoln. The key concept to understand is the more you quote Lincoln auto insurance, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may even be surprised to find that the best prices are with a small local company. Some small companies may have significantly lower rates on certain market segments than their larger competitors like Progressive or GEICO.
Steps to finding cheaper rates for Lincoln LS insurance in Lincoln
Really, the only way to get low-cost auto insurance rates is to annually compare prices from insurers who sell auto insurance in Lincoln.
- Step 1: Spend some time learning about auto insurance and the changes you can make to drop your rates. Many rating criteria that result in higher rates such as careless driving and a less-than-favorable credit score can be remedied by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Step 2: Obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide price quotes from many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy and determine if cheaper LS coverage is available. If you can save money and decide to switch, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Step 4: Notify your company or agent to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application to your new agent or company. Make sure you put the new proof of insurance paperwork along with your vehicle registration.
A good tip to remember is to make sure you’re comparing identical coverage information on every quote and to quote with all possible companies. Doing this enables the most accurate price comparison and a better comparison of the market.
Additional learning opportunities
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Honda Civic in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Institute)