If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to find affordable quotes for Mercury Sable insurance in Lincoln is to do a yearly price comparison from insurers who provide car insurance in Nebraska.
- First, it will benefit you to learn about the coverage provided by your policy and the things you can change to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that cause rate increases such as traffic citations, accidents, and a less-than-favorable credit score can be controlled by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. This article provides more information to help keep rates affordable and get additional discounts that may be available.
- Second, request price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can quote prices for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Third, compare the price quotes to your existing rates and see if you can save money. If you find better rates and make a switch, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
A key point to remember is to use identical limits and deductibles on every quote and to quote with as many companies as you can. Doing this provides a fair rate comparison and the best price selection.
A recent NerdWallet.com study revealed that about 70% of customers have purchased from the same company for a minimum of four years, and about 40% of consumers have never quoted car insurance rates at all. Lincoln drivers can save hundreds of dollars each year, but they underestimate how much they could save if they switched to a more affordable policy.
Discounts can help to save on Mercury Sable insurance in Lincoln
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but you might already qualify for some discounts to help offset the cost. Some of these discounts will be visible at the time of quoting, but some discounts are required to be manually applied in order for you to get them. If you aren’t receiving every discount available, it’s possible you qualify for a lower rate.
- Responsible Driver Discount – Drivers without accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Lincoln auto insurance quote than less cautious drivers.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Cars optioned with advanced anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Active or retired federal employment could qualify for a slight premium decrease but check with your company.
- Bundled Policy Discount – When you combine your home and auto insurance and insure them with the same company you will save 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Good Grades Discount – Maintaining excellent grades can earn a discount of 20% or more. The good student discount can last well after school through age 25.
- Home Ownership Discount – Just being a homeowner may earn you a small savings because it requires personal responsibility.
- Paperwork-free – Many insurance companies give back up to $50 for buying your policy digitally online.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Participating in a defensive driving course could earn you a small percentage discount and easily recoup the cost of the course.
As a sidenote, most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because it seems like you can get free auto insurance, insurance companies aren’t that generous. But any discount will positively reduce your overall bill.
The best insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are outlined below.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for accident-free, defensive driving training, student away at school, passive restraint, driver’s education, multiple autos, and good driver.
- GEICO may include discounts for seat belt use, emergency military deployment, driver training, military active duty, multi-vehicle, and air bags.
- SAFECO policyholders can earn discounts including anti-lock brakes, safe driver, teen safety rewards, drive less, teen safe driver, anti-theft, and homeowner.
- Farmers Insurance has savings for switch companies, homeowner, electronic funds transfer, multi-car, pay in full, early shopping, and youthful driver.
- AAA includes discounts for anti-theft, pay-in-full, multi-policy, multi-car, education and occupation, AAA membership discount, and good student.
- USAA may offer discounts for driver training, safe driver, defensive driver, annual mileage, and vehicle storage.
Before purchasing a policy, check with each company what discounts are available to you. Discounts might not be available to policyholders in your area. To find insurance companies that offer multiple discounts in Lincoln, click this link.
Low cost Lincoln Mercury Sable insurance
When shopping for Mercury Sable insurance in Lincoln there are multiple ways of comparing rates from lots of Nebraska insurance companies. The best method to find the cheapest insurance rates is simply to get online rate quotes. When price shopping your coverage, comparing more quotes will improve the odds of getting the best offered rates. Some insurance companies are not set up to provide price estimates online, so you also need to get prices on coverage from those companies, too.
The auto insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide quotes in Nebraska. If you want to find cheaper car insurance in Lincoln, NE, we suggest you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
How do Insurance Companies Determine Mercury Sable Insurance Prices?
A large part of saving on car insurance is knowing some of the elements that play a part in calculating your policy premiums. When you know what positively or negatively impacts premium levels, this enables you to make decisions that could help you find better car insurance rates.
- Costs impacted by your city – Being located in less populated areas of the country can be a good thing when talking about car insurance. People in densely populated areas have to deal with more road rage incidents and more severe claims. Less people living in that area means fewer accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims.
- Costs impacted by vehicle usage – The higher the miles on your Mercury every year the more it will cost to insure it. Almost all companies rate vehicles based upon how you use the vehicle. Autos that are left in the garage receive better premium rates than vehicles that have high annual mileage. A policy that improperly rates your Sable is just wasting money. It’s always a good idea to double check that your declarations sheet states the correct usage for each vehicle.
- Improve your credit score and save – A driver’s credit history is likely to be a major factor in determining premium rates. If your credit score can use some improvement, you could save money insuring your Mercury Sable by taking the time to improve your credit score. People that have excellent credit scores tend to be more responsible than those with lower credit scores.
- Higher rates for specific employers – Occupations such as judges, airline pilots, and medical professionals have higher premiums than the average policyholder in part from intense work requirements and lengthy work days. Conversely, jobs such as scientists, engineers and performers have the lowest average rates.
- Small coverages can add up – Insurance companies have many extra bells and whistles that you can get tricked into buying on your car insurance policy. Insurance for things like coverage for rental cars, accidental death, and term life insurance may be wasting your money. They may seem like a good idea initially, but your needs may have changed so remove them and pocket the money.
- Traffic violations increase costs – Good drivers pay lower auto insurance prices than bad drivers. Even one moving violation could increase your next policy renewal substantially. Drivers unfortunate enough to have careless citations like DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding may face state-mandated requirements to prove financial responsibility with their state in order to continue driving.
- High physical damage deductibles lower premiums – Your deductibles represent how much money you are willing to pay before a claim is paid by your company. Physical damage protection, also called ‘full coverage’, is used to repair damage to your car. Some coverage claims are rear-ending another vehicle, fire damage, and having a roll-over accident. The more you have to pay, the better rate you will receive.
What is the best auto insurance coverage?
When it comes to choosing coverage, there really isn’t a one size fits all plan. Your needs are unique to you so this has to be addressed. For example, these questions can help discover whether you could use an agent’s help.
- What is glass protection for?
- How do I file an SR-22 for a DUI in Nebraska?
- What is GAP insurance?
- When should I have rental car coverage?
- Can I cancel at any time?
- Am I covered when delivering products for my home-based business?
- Which companies will insure high-risk drivers?
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
- Am I covered when driving a rental car?
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area.
When to contact a local insurance agent
Some consumers would rather visit with an insurance agent and doing that can be a smart decision One of the great benefits of comparing insurance prices online is that drivers can save money and get cheap rate quotes but also keep your business local.
By using this simple form, your coverage information is submitted to agents in your area who will return price quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no need to find an agent since price quotes are sent directly to your email. It’s the lowest rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you have a need to get a rate quote from a particular provider, you would need to navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
Choosing the best insurer needs to be determined by more than just the premium amount. Some important questions to ask are:
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Lincoln for you
If you would like to find an insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the types of agencies and how they can write your policy. Agents in Lincoln are classified as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
These type of agents write business for a single company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. They usually cannot compare other company’s rates so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agents are well schooled on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell on service rather than price. A lot of people purchase coverage from exclusives mostly because of the prominence of the brand and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
The following is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Lincoln who may provide you with rate quotes.
- American Family Insurance – Tim Stewart Agency Inc.
5625 O St Ste 105 – Lincoln, NE 68510 – (402) 489-6211 – View Map
- Sarah Kohlhof – State Farm Insurance Agent
1221 N Cotner Blvd #2 – Lincoln, NE 68505 – (402) 466-8245 – View Map
- American Family Insurance – James L. Brown Agency Inc
4500 Cornhusker Hwy Ste 1 – Lincoln, NE 68504 – (402) 465-0748 – View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Agents in the independent channel are not limited to a single company and that gives them the ability to insure with multiple insurance companies and get you the best rates possible. If your premiums go up, your agent can just switch to a different company and you don’t have to find a new agent. If you need cheaper car insurance rates, we recommend you include price quotes from at a minimum one independent agency in order to compare the most rates. Most can insure with companies that do not advertise much which could offer lower prices.
Listed below are independent insurance agents in Lincoln who can help you get rate quotes.
- Ogden Insurance Agency, Inc.
8531 Lexington Ave #102a – Lincoln, NE 68505 – (402) 466-5655 – View Map
- Independent Insurance Agents
8231 Northwoods Dr # B – Lincoln, NE 68505 – (402) 476-2951 – View Map
- Cornhusker Insurance Agency
6100 Apples Way #110 – Lincoln, NE 68516 – (402) 436-2423 – View Map
Buying the right Mercury vehicle insurance in Nebraska is an important decision
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Mercury in Lincoln, buying auto insurance is mandatory in Nebraska but it also protects more than you think.
First, almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car. In Nebraska these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a lien on your car, almost every bank will require you to have physical damage coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may buy a policy for your Mercury at a significantly higher premium and require you to reimburse them for the much more expensive policy.
Third, insurance safeguards both your vehicle and your personal assets. Insurance will pay for medical expenses incurred in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay attorney fees in the event you are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of insuring your Sable more than cancel out the cost, especially when you need to use it. But the average American driver is overpaying over $700 annually so you should quote your policy with other companies at every renewal to save money.
Best car insurance company in Lincoln
Choosing the highest-rated auto insurance company can be challenging considering how many companies sell insurance in Lincoln. The company rank data displayed below can help you decide which providers to look at comparing rates from.
Top 10 Lincoln Car Insurance Companies Overall
- 21st Century
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- American Family
Top 10 Lincoln Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- State Farm
- Safeco Insurance
- American Family
- Liberty Mutual
- The Hartford
- Farmers Insurance
Compare but don’t skimp
Some insurance companies may not provide the ability to get quotes online and many times these smaller companies only sell coverage through independent agents. Affordable Mercury Sable insurance in Lincoln is available on the web and from local agencies, and you should compare rates from both to have the best chance of lowering rates.
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of techniques to compare Mercury Sable insurance auto insurance rates in Lincoln. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even discover the best price on car insurance is with a smaller regional carrier. These companies can often provide lower premium rates in certain areas than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm and Allstate.
Additional learning opportunities
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for College Students in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Used Cars in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Lincoln Car Insurance Quotes for a Ford Fusion? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for a GMC Acadia in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- How Much are Lincoln Auto Insurance Quotes for a Ford Explorer? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes with Multiple Speeding Tickets in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Lincoln Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers with a DUI? (FAQ)
- How Much is Lincoln Auto Insurance for a Chevrolet Silverado? (FAQ)
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)