Are you tired of trying to find cheaper Subaru Outback insurance in Lincoln? If you are new to getting Lincoln auto insurance quotes online, most likely you are overwhelmed by the crazy number of online companies competing for business in Lincoln.
How to find cheaper quotes for Subaru Outback insurance in Lincoln
The best way to find cheaper quotes for Subaru Outback insurance is to start comparing prices regularly from providers who provide car insurance in Lincoln.
- First, it will benefit you to learn about how your policy works and the measures you can control to drop your rates. Many risk factors that result in higher prices like accidents, traffic violations, and a bad credit score can be improved by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Second, request price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide rate quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Third, compare the new rates to your current policy premium to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you find a lower rate, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Fourth, give notification to your agent or company of your decision to cancel your current policy and submit a down payment along with a signed application to your new agent or company. Immediately safely store the proof of insurance paperwork with your vehicle’s registration.
One important bit of advice is to make sure you’re comparing the same deductibles and limits on every quote and and to analyze as many car insurance companies as possible. This provides an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete selection of prices.
It’s astonishing, but most auto insurance customers kept buying from the same company for well over three years, and almost half have never compared quotes from other companies. Nebraska drivers could save themselves 30% a year just by shopping around, but most just don’t grasp how much money they would save if they switched to a more affordable policy.
It’s important to get comparison quotes on a regular basis due to the fact that insurance prices are variable and change quite frequently. Despite the fact that you may have had the best price on Subaru Outback insurance in Lincoln on your last policy you may be paying too much now. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because it’s time to teach you the right way to save on auto insurance.
This article’s intent is to tell you the best way to buy inexpensive car insurance and how to save the most money. If you have car insurance now, you stand a good chance to be able to reduce the price you pay using the tips covered below. But Nebraska consumers benefit from understanding how the larger insurance companies price online insurance and apply this information to your search.
The majority of larger companies like Progressive, Allstate and GEICO allow consumers to get price estimates on their websites. Getting Subaru Outback insurance prices online is fairly simple because it’s just a matter of typing in the coverages you want on the page. After you submit the form their rating system sends out for information on your driving record and credit history and returns a price quote based on these and other factors.
Getting online rate quotes for Subaru Outback insurance in Lincoln makes comparing rates easy, and it’s very important to perform this step in order to find a better rate.
To quickly find out what other companies charge, visit the companies below or click here to submit a quote request to multiple companies at once. If you currently have coverage, we recommend that you enter deductibles and limits identical to your current policy. This ensures you will get comparison quotes based on the exact same insurance coverage.
The companies shown below provide free rate quotes in Lincoln, NE. In order to find cheap car insurance in Lincoln, we suggest you visit two to three different companies in order to find the lowest rates.
Insurance rate breakdown
The premium table shown next showcases detailed analysis of insurance policy prices for Subaru Outback models. Having knowledge of how car insurance prices are figured can help guide drivers when making smart choices when purchasing an insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Outback 2.5I Premium||$282||$456||$306||$18||$92||$1,154||$96|
|Outback 2.5I Limited||$282||$456||$306||$18||$92||$1,154||$96|
|Outback 3.6R Premium||$282||$456||$306||$18||$92||$1,154||$96|
|Outback 3.6R Limited||$314||$538||$306||$18||$92||$1,268||$106|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Nebraska minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, and safe-driver. Estimates do not factor in vehicle location which can increase or decrease rates significantly.
The information below illustrates how choosing a deductible and can impact Subaru Outback annual premium costs for different insured age categories. The costs are based on a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
Impact of citations and accidents on Lincoln insurance rates
The information below shows how speeding tickets and at-fault fender-benders increase Subaru Outback annual premium costs for different ages of insureds. The prices are based on a single male driver, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Comparison of auto insurance rates by gender and age in Lincoln
The information below shows the difference between Subaru Outback insurance costs for male and female drivers. The rates are based on no claims, a clean driving record, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, drivers are single, and no other discounts are factored in.
Subaru Outback insurance discounts in Lincoln
Some providers don’t always advertise every discount they offer in an easy-to-find place, so the next list breaks down both well-publicized as well as the least known credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Lincoln auto insurance online.
- Defensive Driver – Successfully completing a safe driver class is a good idea and can lower rates if you qualify.
- No Accidents – Lincoln drivers who stay claim-free can earn big discounts as compared to drivers with a long claim history.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Low annual miles may allow you to get cheaper rates.
- Telematics Devices – Insureds that choose to allow driving data submission to track driving manner remotely like Allstate’s Drivewise might get better premium rates as long as they are good drivers.
- Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to wear their seat belts may be able to save a few bucks off the personal injury premium cost.
- Driver’s Ed – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers enroll and complete driver’s education in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts can receive discounts as much as 30%.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. So even though you would think you could get a free auto insurance policy, companies don’t profit that way.
The chart below illustrates the difference between Subaru Outback car insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The data assumes a male driver, no violations or claims, Nebraska state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, multi-car, safe-driver, marriage, claim-free, and multi-policy discounts applied.
A few popular companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts include:
- State Farm discounts include multiple policy, defensive driving training, accident-free, Drive Safe & Save, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and anti-theft.
- Progressive offers discounts including good student, homeowner, online signing, continuous coverage, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and online quote discount.
- Travelers has discounts for driver training, good student, home ownership, multi-policy, save driver, and hybrid/electric vehicle.
- American Family includes discounts for Steer into Savings, air bags, good driver, defensive driver, multi-vehicle, accident-free, and TimeAway discount.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts for teen driver discount, good student, newly married, hybrid vehicle, new vehicle discount, preferred payment discount, and exclusive group savings.
If you need lower rates, check with all companies you are considering the best way to save money. Some credits may not apply to policies in Lincoln. If you would like to choose from a list of companies that offer discounts in Lincoln, click here to view.
Why do I need car insurance?
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Subaru Outback in Lincoln, insuring your vehicle serves a purpose in several ways.
First, most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car. In Nebraska these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your car has a loan, it’s most likely the lender will require you to have insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank will be required to insure your Subaru at a more expensive rate and make you pay for the expensive policy.
Third, auto insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. It also can pay for medical expenses incurred in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay attorney fees if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of buying auto insurance outweigh the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. Unknowingly, the average driver is currently overpaying as much as $750 every year so it’s important to compare rates each time the policy renews to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Will just any policy work for me?
Always keep in mind that when comparing adequate coverage, there really is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. Your needs are unique to you.
Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover if your situation could use an agent’s help.
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
- What if I total my Subaru Outback and owe more than it’s worth?
- What is the premium to book value ratio for dropping full coverage?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- What is UM/UIM insurance?
- Which companies will insure high-risk drivers?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form.
You may need help from a local insurance agent
Certain consumers prefer to visit with an insurance agent and doing that can be a smart decision A nice benefit of comparing auto insurance online is that you can obtain the lowest rates but still work with a licensed agent. Supporting local insurance agencies is still important in Lincoln.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is instantly submitted to companies in Lincoln who will give you bids for your auto insurance coverage. You won’t even need to contact an agency as quotes are delivered to you. It’s the lowest rates AND a local agent. In the event you want to get a rate quote from one company in particular, just go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
Lincoln car insurance agents come in two flavors
When searching for a reputable insurance agent or broker, you need to know there are two types of insurance agents and how they operate. Lincoln agents can be described as either independent or exclusive.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Independent agencies do not work for one specific company and that allows them to write policies amongst many companies and find you the best rates. To move your coverage to a new company, they simply move the coverage in-house and you can keep the same agent.
If you need cheaper auto insurance rates, you will definitely want to contact at least one independent agent so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. They often place coverage with small mutual carriers that may provide cheaper auto insurance rates.
Below are Lincoln independent agencies who may be able to give you price quote information.
- Independent Insurance Agents
8231 Northwoods Dr # B – Lincoln, NE 68505 – (402) 476-2951 – View Map
- UNICO Group
1128 Lincoln Mall #200 – Lincoln, NE 68508 – (402) 434-7200 – View Map
- Mid Mex Insurance Inc
1010 South St A – Lincoln, NE 68502 – (402) 438-6800 – View Map
Agents of this type can usually just insure with one company and examples are Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot compare other company’s rates so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training on the products they sell which aids in selling service over price. Some insured continue to buy from the same agent for years partially due to the brand name and strong financial ratings.
The following are exclusive insurance agents in Lincoln willing to provide price quote information.
- Allstate Insurance: Erik Brooks
1600 Normandy Ct #110 – Lincoln, NE 68512 – (402) 261-3959 – View Map
- Nicole Simon – State Farm Insurance Agent
4400 S 70th St #130 – Lincoln, NE 68516 – (402) 483-4441 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Raymond Thielen
4949 N 26th St c – Lincoln, NE 68521 – (402) 435-5757 – View Map
Choosing an auto insurance agent requires you to look at more than just the quoted price. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?