Locating low-cost insurance for your Suzuki XL-7 in Nebraska can turn out to be a painful process, but you can use a few tricks to make it easier. There is a better way to find auto insurance online so you’re going to learn the quickest way to compare rates for a new or used Suzuki and find the best price possible from Lincoln insurance agents and online providers.
A recent auto insurance study discovered that almost 70% of drivers in Nebraska have bought auto insurance from the same company for well over three years, and 38% of drivers have never quoted auto insurance rates at all. Many drivers in the United States could save 47% every year by just comparing quotes, but they underestimate how much money they would save if they switch to a new company.
Smart consumers take time to compare rates occasionally because auto insurance rates are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Even if you think you had the best deal on Suzuki XL-7 insurance in Lincoln last year there is a good chance you can find better prices now. There is a lot of wrong information about XL-7 insurance online but by reading this article, you’re going to learn some guaranteed methods to lower your auto insurance bill.
Buying the cheapest insurance in Lincoln is actually not that difficult if you follow our advice. If you have a policy now or need new coverage, you can follow these tips to find the best rates and still get good coverage. Smart shoppers just need to know the most efficient way to find the lowest price online.
The following companies have been selected to offer price quotes in Nebraska. If your goal is to find the best auto insurance in Lincoln, it’s highly recommended you visit two to three different companies to find the most affordable car insurance rates.
Get lower-cost Suzuki XL-7 insurance in Lincoln with discounts
Not too many consumers would say insurance is affordable, but you might already qualify for some discounts that many consumers don’t even know exist. Certain credits will be shown at the time of purchase, but some need to be requested specifically prior to getting the savings. If you do not check that you are getting every discount available, you may be paying too high a price.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Being employed by or retired from a federal job may qualify for a discount when you quote Lincoln auto insurance with certain companies.
- Military Discounts – Being on active duty in the military could trigger a small discount.
- Waiver for an Accident – Not a discount per se, but a few companies such as Liberty Mutual, Allstate and State Farm will forgive one accident without getting socked with a rate hike if your claims history is clear before the accident.
- Distant Student – Kids living away from Lincoln attending college and leave their car at home may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Early Signing – A few companies give discounts for renewing your policy prior to your current XL-7 insurance policy expiring. The savings is around 10%.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Seniors can get a small discount on rates.
As a sidenote, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. So even though they make it sound like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
Some of the larger companies that may offer these benefits include:
If you are trying to find cheaper Lincoln auto insurance quotes, ask each company or agent which credits you are entitled to. Savings might not apply in your state. For a list of providers that offer many of these discounts in Lincoln, click this link.
Compare prices but buy from a local neighborhood Lincoln car insurance agent
Certain consumers still like to talk to an insurance agent and we recommend doing that Agents can answer important questions and help submit paperwork. One of the benefits of comparing insurance prices online is you may find cheaper car insurance rates and still have a local agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, your insurance data is submitted to companies in Lincoln that can give you free Lincoln auto insurance quotes to get your business. You won’t even need to contact any agents due to the fact that quote results will go to your email. If you have a need to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance provider, just navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
Picking the best insurer shouldn’t rely on just a cheap quote. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Who are their largest clients?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- If your car is totaled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Does their agency support local causes in Lincoln?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- Is the agent properly licensed in Nebraska?
When looking for a reliable insurance agent, it’s important to understand the different types of agencies and how they can service your needs differently. Insurance agents can be categorized as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Both types can handle insurance, but it’s a good idea to understand the difference in the companies they write for because it may have an impact on buying decisions.
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only provide one company’s prices and examples are AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agencies are trained well on their company’s products which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Some people will only buy from exclusive agents primarily because of the prominent brand name rather than having the cheapest rates.
The following is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Lincoln that are able to give rate quotes.
- John Eshleman – State Farm Insurance Agent
7501 O St #103 – Lincoln, NE 68510 – (402) 483-7578 – View Map
- State Farm® insurance – Dean R Hoy
3883 Normal Blvd – Lincoln, NE 68506 – (402) 489-7171 – View Map
- State Farm: Shawn Kreifels
570 Fallbrook Blvd #111 – Lincoln, NE 68521 – (402) 435-2250 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that elect to be independent do not sell for just one brand and that gives them the ability to insure with an assortment of companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If premiums increase, your policy is moved internally which requires no work on your part.
When searching for an agent, we highly recommend that you get insurance quotes from a few independent agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison. They often place coverage with small regional insurance companies who may have lower rates.
Below are independent insurance agents in Lincoln who can help you get rate quotes.
- Midwest Regional Agency
201 S 84th St – Lincoln, NE 68510 – (800) 873-9713 – View Map
- AMS Insurance Center
120 S 29th St – Lincoln, NE 68510 – (402) 476-3599 – View Map
- Mittelstadt Agency LLC
1701 K St – Lincoln, NE 68508 – (402) 434-3990 – View Map
Car insurance is unique, just like you
Always remember that when buying insurance from an agent or online, there is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight whether you may require specific advice.
- Should I bundle my homeowners policy with my auto?
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
- If I use my vehicle for business use is it covered?
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
- What is the difference between personal and commercial auto insurance policies?
- Does insurance cover tools stolen from my truck?
- Should I file a claim if it’s only slightly more than my deductible?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can provide invaluable advice.
Smart Consumers Save Every Year
Part of the auto insurance buying process is learning some of the factors that play a part in calculating your policy premiums. If you have a feel for what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that may result in lower auto insurance prices.
Consolidating policies can get discounts – Lots of auto insurance companies afford a discount to customers that purchase more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount, you may still want to compare Suzuki XL-7 rates in Lincoln to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.There is a good possibility that you can find a better deal even if you have your coverage with different companies
Save money by raising comp and collision deductibles – Your deductibles state the amount of money you are required to spend out-of-pocket in the event of a claim. Protection for physical damage, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, is used to repair damage to your car. Some examples of claims that would be covered would be a windshield broken by a bird, damage from fire, or theft of your vehicle. The more money the insured is willing to pay, the bigger discount you will receive.
Keep premiums low by being claim-free – If you file claims often, you can definitely plan on either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Companies in Nebraska generally give the best rates to policyholders who are claim-free. Your insurance policy is intended for more catastrophic claims.
High credit scores equal low costs – An insured’s credit score is likely to be a major factor in determining what you pay for auto insurance. If your credit is lower than you’d like, you could pay less to insure your Suzuki XL-7 by improving your rating. People that have high credit scores tend to be better risks to insure than drivers with worse credit.
With age comes responsibility – Young drivers in Nebraska are statistically proven to be more careless when driving with friends so they pay higher auto insurance rates. More experienced drivers are shown to be more cautious, statistically cause fewer accidents, and are generally more financially stable.
Eliminate unneeded add-on coverages – Insurance policies have a lot of extra add-on coverages that may not really be needed if you aren’t careful. Coverages for rental car coverage, accidental death, and extra equipment coverage are probably not needed. These coverages may sound good when you first buy your policy, but if you have no use for them consider taking them off your policy.
Insurance is not optional
Despite the potentially high cost of Suzuki XL-7 insurance, insuring your vehicle serves a purpose in several ways.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability protection in order to drive the car legally. In Nebraska these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Suzuki with a loan, most lenders will have a requirement that you have physical damage coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you let the policy lapse, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Suzuki at a more expensive rate and make you pay for it.
- Insurance protects both your Suzuki XL-7 and your assets. It will also provide coverage for medical transport and hospital expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are sued as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly for liability claims. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is overpaying more than $800 each year so you should quote your policy with other companies once a year at a minimum to save money.
What is the best auto insurance company in Lincoln?
Buying coverage from the right company can be rather challenging considering how many choices you have in Lincoln. The company ratings displayed below can help you decide which car insurance companies you want to consider when looking for cheaper rates.
Top 10 Lincoln Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 92%
- American Family – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Nationwide – 88%
- 21st Century – 88%
- The Hartford – 87%
- Progressive – 87%
- AAA Insurance – 87%
- Farmers Insurance – 87%
- Liberty Mutual – 87%
Find cheap rates by being thorough
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s very important that you do not sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There have been many cases where an insured dropped liability coverage limits to discover at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your goal is to buy enough coverage at a price you can afford but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Cheap Suzuki XL-7 insurance in Lincoln can be bought on the web in addition to local insurance agencies, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance companies don’t offer internet price quotes and these small, regional companies sell through independent agencies.
Consumers who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including delays in paying claims, not issuing a premium refund, delays in responding to claim requests and lack of trust in their agent. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding a new company can be easier than you think.
How to save on Suzuki XL-7 insurance in Lincoln
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to find cheaper prices for Suzuki XL-7 insurance in Lincoln is to compare quotes once a year from providers who provide auto insurance in Nebraska. You can compare rates by following these guidelines.
- Try to learn a little about how insurance companies determine prices and the factors you can control to keep rates in check. Many risk factors that drive up the price like distracted driving and an imperfect credit rating can be amended by paying attention to minor details.
- Quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can quote prices for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the price quotes to your existing policy to see if a cheaper price is available in Lincoln. If you can save money and change companies, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Give notification to your agent or company of your intent to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit the signed application along with the required initial payment to the new insurer. Don’t forget to put the new proof of insurance certificate in your glove compartment.
One key aspect when comparing rates is to make sure you’re comparing identical coverage information on each quote request and and to get prices from as many companies as possible. This enables a level playing field and maximum price selection.
Even more information can be read in these articles:
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Lincoln Auto Insurance Rates for a Honda CR-V? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Inexperienced Drivers in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- How Much is Lincoln Car Insurance for Teenage Females? (FAQ)
- New Honda safety features benefit drivers of all ages (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)