The best way to get more affordable Porsche Panamera insurance in Lincoln is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from insurers who sell auto insurance in Nebraska. Rate comparisons can be done by completing these steps.
- First, try to understand how companies price auto insurance and the measures you can control to keep rates low. Many rating criteria that are responsible for high rates like your driving record and a substandard credit history can be improved by paying attention to minor details.
- Second, request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes for many different companies.
- Third, compare the quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available in Lincoln. If you find a better price and make a switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Fourth, notify your company or agent to cancel the current policy and submit payment and a completed application to your new insurance company. Once coverage is bound, put the certificate verifying proof of insurance above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
One bit of advice is that you’ll want to make sure you compare identical deductibles and limits on each quote request and and to get rate quotes from as many companies as feasibly possible. This helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and a good representation of prices.
Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that almost 70% of insureds in Nebraska have stayed with the same insurance company for four years or more, and practically 40% of insurance customers have never compared rates to find affordable insurance. Most drivers in America could cut their rates by approximately $850 a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they just feel it’s too hard to save money by comparing rate quotes.
When comparing car insurance rates, know that having more price comparisons increases the chance that you will find more affordable insurance. Not every company allows you to get online price quotes, so it’s important to also get price estimates on coverage from those companies, too.
The companies shown below are ready to provide comparison quotes in Nebraska. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you compare several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
Lower rate quotes by earning discounts
Car insurance companies don’t list the entire discount list very well, so below is a list some of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts that may be available. If they aren’t giving you every credit available, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Driver’s Ed – Teen drivers should successfully complete driver’s ed class as it can save substantially.
- Student in College – College-age children who live away from home at college and leave their car at home may qualify for this discount.
- Professional Organizations – Having an affiliation with a civic or occupational organization in Lincoln is a simple method to lower premiums when getting a Lincoln auto insurance quote.
- Safe Driver Discount – Drivers who avoid accidents can pay as much as 50% less than drivers with accidents.
- Driver Safety – Passing a driver safety class is a good idea and can lower rates and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- No Accidents – Good drivers with no accidents are rewarded with significantly better rates on Lincoln auto insurance quote as compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Discount for Swiching Early – A few insurance companies allow discounts for buying a policy before your current coverage expires. The savings is around 10%.
- Passive Restraints – Factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can get savings as much as 30%.
Just know that most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Just because you may think having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
The information below compares Porsche Panamera insurance premiums with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The prices are based on a female driver, no violations or accidents, Nebraska state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, and multi-car discounts applied.
A list of companies and their offered discounts can be read below.
- The Hartford offers premium reductions for air bag, defensive driver, anti-theft, vehicle fuel type, and bundle.
- American Family may offer discounts for accident-free, bundled insurance, Steer into Savings, multi-vehicle, good driver, and good student.
- Progressive may have discounts that include continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, online signing, multi-policy, homeowner, online quote discount, and good student.
- Travelers has discounts for early quote, driver training, continuous insurance, IntelliDrive, student away at school, save driver, and multi-policy.
- Farmers Insurance may include discounts for pay in full, business and professional, youthful driver, mature driver, alternative fuel, and good student.
- USAA policyholders can earn discounts including driver training, military installation, safe driver, new vehicle, and family discount.
- Liberty Mutual discounts include new graduate, newly retired, exclusive group savings, teen driver discount, multi-policy, and preferred payment discount.
Before purchasing a policy, check with each company how you can save money. Savings may not be available in Lincoln.
Porsche Panamera insurance statistics and information
The table below covers detailed analysis of coverage prices for Porsche Panamera models. Learning more about how policy premiums are calculated is important for drivers to make informed decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Panamera S 4-Dr Hatchback||$394||$908||$338||$20||$102||$1,762||$147|
|Panamera 4S AWD 4-Dr Hatchback||$394||$994||$338||$20||$102||$1,848||$154|
|Panamera Turbo AWD 4-Dr Hatchback||$450||$1164||$338||$20||$102||$2,074||$173|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Nebraska minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, safe-driver, and claim-free. Price estimates do not factor in specific garaging location which can decrease or increase premium rates noticeably.
Should you buy full coverage?
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of Porsche Panamera auto insurance costs when comparing full coverage to liability only. The rates are based on no violations or accidents, $1,000 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Guidelines for eliminating full coverage
There is no exact formula for excluding full coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is more than around 10% of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
For example, let’s say your Porsche Panamera book value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most you would receive is $4,000 after the deductible is paid. If you are paying in excess of $400 a year for physical damage coverage, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
There are some cases where removing full coverage is not in your best interest. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you are required to maintain full coverage in order to satisfy the requirements of the loan. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not remove full coverage.
How Your Panamera Insurance Costs are Determined
The best way to find cheaper auto insurance is to take a look at a few of the rating criteria that play a part in calculating auto insurance rates. When you understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make good choices that can earn you lower rates.
- Rural areas have lower rates – Choosing to live in smaller towns and rural areas of the country may provide you with better prices when shopping for auto insurance. Fewer people means reduced accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft. Residents of big cities regularly have more traffic problems and more severe claims. More time commuting translates into higher accident risk.
- Does your employer cost you more? – Did you know your job can affect your rates? Occupations such as real estate brokers, social workers, and accountants tend to have higher premium rates due to high stress and lots of time spent at work. On the flip side, occupations such as professors, engineers and performers generally pay rates lower than average.
Does insurance coverage cost less for gals? – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown women are more cautious behind the wheel. However, don’t assume that females are better drivers. Males and females are in at-fault accidents at about the same rate, but the male of the species have costlier accidents. Not only are claims higher, but men have more aggressive citations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving. Young males generally have the highest accident percentage so it costs more to insure them.
The information below shows the comparison of Porsche Panamera insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premium estimates are based on no claims, a clean driving record, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no other discounts are factored in.
- Don’t cancel your auto insurance without a new one in place – Going without insurance is a guaranteed way to increase your renewal premiums. Not only will rates go up, failure to provide proof of insurance will get you a fine, jail time, or a revoked license.
Is your car, truck or SUV built for speed? – The performance level of the vehicle you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a significant difference in your premium level. Low performance passenger cars generally have the cheapest insurance rates, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
The next chart uses these assumptions: married female driver age 40, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It illustrates Porsche Panamera insurance premiums compared to other makes and models that have a range of performances.
Careless driving leads to higher premiums – Whether or not you get tickets has a huge affect on how much you pay. Even one speeding ticket can increase rates forty percent or more. Attentive drivers get better prices as compared to careless drivers. Drivers who get careless violations like DUI or reckless driving may find they need to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with the DMV in their state in order to keep their license.
The chart below illustrates how violations and accident claims can impact Porsche Panamera insurance prices for each age group. The rates are based on a married male driver, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
- Filing claims can cost you – Car insurance companies in Nebraska give cheaper rates to people who are not frequent claim filers. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can expect either higher rates or even cancellation. Insurance coverage is intended for the large, substantial claims.
Porsche Panamera historical loss data – Companies include the past claim history for a vehicle to calculate a price that offsets possible losses. Models that tend to have higher prevalence or dollar amount of losses will have higher rates. The data below shows the loss history for Porsche Panamera vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is equal to 100. Values that are under 100 imply a favorable loss record, while numbers above 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or statistically larger claims.
Porsche Panamera Insurance Loss Statistics Specific Porsche Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Porsche Panamera 4dr 236 94 265 57 Porsche Panamera GTS 4dr 4WD 246 48 467 Porsche Panamera Turbo 4dr 4WD 242BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Insurance agencies can find coverage gaps
A small number of people still like to buy from a local agent and often times that is recommended One of the best bonuses of comparing rates online is you may find the lowest rates and still have a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, the quote information is emailed to local insurance agents that provide free Lincoln auto insurance quotes for your auto insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to even leave your home since rate quotes are delivered to you instantly. You can find better rates without a big time investment. If you have a need to compare rates from a specific insurance company, you just need to navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
Finding the right company should depend on more than just a cheap price quote. Any agent in Lincoln should be willing to answer these questions.
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- How long has their agency been in business in Lincoln?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
What types of car insurance agents are in Lincoln?
When looking for a reputable insurance agent or broker, it can be helpful to understand the different agency structures and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Auto insurance policy providers can be classified as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents can only write with one company and some examples include AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. They are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on their company’s products which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. A lot of people use the same agent mostly because of loyalty to the company instead of buying on price only.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive agents in Lincoln willing to provide price quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Raymond Thielen
4949 N 26th St c – Lincoln, NE 68521 – (402) 435-5757 – View Map
- State Farm: Vinnie Krikac
935 Plum St – Lincoln, NE 68502 – (402) 474-1173 – View Map
- Nicole Simon – State Farm Insurance Agent
4400 S 70th St #130 – Lincoln, NE 68516 – (402) 483-4441 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents in the independent channel are appointed with more than one company so they have the ability to put coverage with many different companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If they find a lower price, they can switch companies in-house which requires no work on your part. When comparing auto insurance rates, we highly recommend that you contact several independent agencies to ensure the widest selection of prices. Most can insure with different regional companies that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Listed below are independent agencies in Lincoln that can give you rate quotes.
- Mid Mex Insurance Inc
1010 South St A – Lincoln, NE 68502 – (402) 438-6800 – View Map
- Davidson Insurance
5101 N 27th St – Lincoln, NE 68521 – (402) 465-1167 – View Map
- Barney Insurance-Lincoln
701 N 48th St – Lincoln, NE 68504 – (402) 467-4633 – View Map
Which is the best auto insurance?
When it comes to buying insurance from an agent or online, there isn’t really a “perfect” insurance plan. Every situation is different and your auto insurance should unique, too.
Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine if you might need professional guidance.
- Should I get collision insurance on every vehicle?
- Should I rate my vehicle as business use?
- Am I covered when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Does low annual mileage earn a discount?
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high in Lincoln?
- Do I need to call my car insurance company before buying a new car?
If you’re not sure about those questions, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area.
Compare but don’t skimp
You just learned some good ideas how to get a better price on Porsche Panamera insurance in Lincoln. It’s most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your car insurance rates. You may even find the lowest rates come from a lesser-known regional company. These companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
Some insurance companies may not offer online price quotes and usually these small, regional companies provide coverage only through independent agents. Cheaper Porsche Panamera insurance in Lincoln is possible from both online companies in addition to local insurance agencies, and you need to comparison shop both so you have a total pricing picture.
Additional information can be found below:
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a Nissan Altima in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for a GMC Acadia in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- How Much is Lincoln Auto Insurance for a Chevrolet Silverado? (FAQ)
- How Much is Lincoln Car Insurance for Drivers Under 25? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Institute)