Everyone knows that auto insurance companies don’t want you to look at other companies. People who perform rate comparisons will presumably switch to a new company because they stand a good chance of finding a more affordable policy. A recent study showed that people who compared rates annually saved over $865 annually compared to drivers who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If saving the most money on Volvo V60 insurance is your goal, then learning a little about the best way to shop and compare car insurance can help simplify the process.
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to save money on Volvo V60 insurance is to do a yearly price comparison from insurance carriers in Lincoln. You can compare prices by following these guidelines.
- Learn about auto insurance and the steps you can take to keep rates low. Many policy risk factors that increase rates such as traffic tickets, fender benders, and bad credit can be remedied by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. Read the full article for instructions to find cheap prices and get bigger discounts.
- Request rate estimates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes for a wide range of insurance providers. Start a quote
- Compare the price quotes to your existing rates to determine if you can save on V60 insurance. If you find a lower rate and buy the policy, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
The key aspect of shopping around is to make sure you’re comparing identical deductibles and limits on every quote request and and to compare as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this guarantees the most accurate price comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
The quickest method we recommend to compare rate quotes for Volvo V60 insurance in Lincoln utilizes the fact most of the larger companies allow for online access to give rate comparisons. All consumers are required to do is spend a couple of minutes providing details including how many miles driven, your job, if it has an alarm system, and which vehicles you own. Your insurance information is automatically sent to multiple car insurance providers and you get price estimates quickly.
To compare rates for your car now, click here and enter your zip code.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Lincoln, NE. To locate cheaper auto insurance in Lincoln, it’s highly recommended you get rates from several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
How Your V60 Insurance Costs are Determined
Many things are taken into consideration when pricing auto insurance. Most are fairly basic like an MVR report, but some are more obscure such as your credit history or your vehicle rating.
- Prices and employer – Jobs like military generals, architects, and dentists usually pay higher premium rates attributed to job stress and long work days. Other careers such as farmers, students and homemakers have the lowest average rates.
- Combine home and auto and save – Most major insurance companies will give lower prices to buyers who consolidate policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even though this discount sounds good, you still need to get quotes from other companies to ensure the best deal.
- Premiums are affected by your credit score – An insured’s credit score is a big factor in determining premium rates. Insureds that have excellent credit scores tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers who have lower credit ratings. Therefore, if your credit rating can use some improvement, you could pay less to insure your Volvo V60 if you improve your credit rating.
- Safety ratings are a factor – Safe vehicles tend to have better insurance rates. The safest vehicles result in less severe injuries and lower injury rates translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and more competitive rates for policyholders. If your Volvo V60 earned at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website it is probably cheaper to insure.
- Gender is a factor – Over time, data shows that women are safer drivers than men. However, don’t assume that women are better drivers. They both get in auto accidents at a similar rate, but guys tend to have more serious accidents. Not only are claims higher, but men receive more major tickets like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving.
Volvo V60 claim probability – Insurance companies take into consideration insurance loss statistics for every vehicle to calculate a price that will offset any claims. Models that historically have higher claim amounts or frequency will have a higher premium rate. The table below illustrates the historical insurance loss data for Volvo V60 vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles compiled together is set at 100. Numbers shown that are under 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while values over 100 point to more losses or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Volvo V60 Models Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Volvo V60 2WD 68 53 Volvo V60 4WD 136 75BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Protect your vehicle and other assets
Even though it can be expensive, insuring your vehicle serves a purpose in several ways.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to buy a specific level of liability protection in order to drive the car. In Nebraska these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your V60 with a loan, more than likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you have full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the bank will be required to insure your Volvo for a much higher rate and require you to fork over for the expensive policy.
- Car insurance protects both your car and your assets. Insurance will also pay for all forms of medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of having car insurance outweigh the cost, especially with large liability claims. Unknowingly, the average driver overpays more than $850 per year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison at every renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.