It’s safe to conclude that car insurance companies don’t want you to look at other companies. Insureds who shop for lower prices will, in all likelihood, move their business because there is a significant possibility of finding better rates. A recent survey discovered that drivers who make a habit of shopping around saved an average of $3,400 over four years compared to people who didn’t regularly shop around.
If finding the most affordable Kia Borrego insurance in Lincoln is the reason you’re reading this, then having some knowledge of how to shop and compare auto insurance can make it easier for you to save money.
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to get cheaper Kia Borrego insurance is to annually compare prices from insurers in Lincoln.
- Step 1: Take a little time to learn about how insurance works and the steps you can take to keep rates down. Many risk factors that cause high rates like your driving record and an imperfect credit history can be eliminated by paying attention to minor details. This article gives ideas to keep prices down and find hidden discounts.
- Step 2: Quote rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can provide rate quotes from multiple insurance companies. View insurance agents
- Step 3: Compare the quotes to your existing coverage to see if a cheaper price is available. If you find a better price and change companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Step 4: Provide written notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your current policy. Submit a down payment along with a completed application to the new company. Don’t forget to store the proof of insurance certificate in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
A good tip to remember is to try to compare identical deductibles and limits on every quote and and to get rate quotes from as many different companies as possible. This ensures a fair price comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
Best companies for Kia Borrego insurance
The auto insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in Nebraska. If you wish to find cheaper car insurance in Lincoln, we recommend you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
Car insurance discounts are available to lower rates
Some companies don’t list all discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the next list breaks down both the well known as well as some of the hidden discounts that you may qualify for.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can stop better under adverse conditions so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Driver Education Discount – Require your teen driver to enroll and complete driver’s education in high school.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Drivers that enable driving data collection to monitor where and when they drive by using a telematic data system like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot may see discounts if they show good driving skills.
- Sign Online – A few larger online companies will provide an incentive shop Lincoln auto insurance digitally online.
- Renewal Discounts – A few larger companies offer discounts for switching policies before your current expiration date. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you combine your auto and home policies and insure them with the same company you may save at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
Policy discounts save money, but most discount credits are not given to the whole policy. Most cut individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. So even though you would think having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, nobody gets a free ride.
Larger car insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are outlined below.
- The Hartford may offer discounts for air bag, driver training, defensive driver, bundle, and anti-theft.
- American Family offers discounts including accident-free, Steer into Savings, early bird, defensive driver, mySafetyValet, air bags, and bundled insurance.
- Progressive has savings for online signing, homeowner, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, and multi-policy.
- Travelers offers discounts for good student, hybrid/electric vehicle, save driver, student away at school, early quote, and IntelliDrive.
- Farmers Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including multi-car, distant student, electronic funds transfer, teen driver, and pay in full.
- USAA has discounts for annual mileage, multi-policy, new vehicle, safe driver, driver training, and good student.
- Liberty Mutual may include discounts for newly retired, new graduate, hybrid vehicle, new move discount, multi-policy, and safety features.
Before buying, ask every prospective company which discounts you qualify for. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be offered in Lincoln.
Why Smart Consumers Pay Less for Kia Borrego Insurance
Many things are part of the equation when pricing auto insurance. A few of the factors are predictable like your driving record, but others are more transparent such as your credit history or how safe your car is.
The list below includes just a few of the factors auto insurance companies consider when setting prices.
Urban residents pay more – Choosing to live in areas with lower population has it’s advantages when talking about auto insurance. Less people living in that area corresponds to lower accident rates and also fewer theft and vandalism claims. People in densely populated areas have more traffic problems and more severe claims. Longer commute distances means higher likelihood of an accident.
You may save more by combining policies – Most major companies will award a discount to customers who have multiple policies with them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount applied, you may still want to compare other company rates to help guarantee you have the best rates.
Accidents are costly – Whether or not you get tickets can have a huge impact on auto insurance premiums. Careful drivers pay less for auto insurance than their less careful counterparts. Just one citation may cause rates to rise by as much as twenty percent. Drivers who have license-revoking tickets such as reckless driving or DUI may be required to prove financial responsibility with the DMV in their state in order to keep their license.
Vehicle theft costs us all – Purchasing a vehicle with anti-theft technology or alarm system can earn a premium discount. Theft deterrent systems such as vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack can thwart car theft.
Performance impacts rates – The type of car or truck you drive makes a substantial difference in your car insurance bill. The best insurance prices are for the lowest performance passenger vehicles, but that’s not the only thing that factors into the final price.
Liability protection is critical – Liability insurance will provide protection if ever a court rules you are at fault for personal injury or accident damage. Your liability coverage provides for a legal defense which can cost thousands of dollars. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap as compared to coverage for physical damage, so drivers should carry high limits.
Extra coverages push up costs – Insurance policies have a lot of extra add-on coverages that may not really be needed if you don’t pay attention. Coverages like rental car coverage, better glass coverage, and membership fees may not be needed and are just wasting money. The coverages may be enticing when you first buy your policy, but if you don’t need them eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
Drive less and save – The higher the mileage driven every year the more it will cost to insure it. A lot of insurance companies charge to insure your cars partially by how you use the vehicle. Vehicles that do not get driven very much qualify for better rates than those used for commuting. Having the wrong rating on your Borrego may be costing you higher rates. It’s always a good idea to double check that your policy correctly shows the correct usage for each vehicle.
There’s no such thing as the perfect insurance policy
When it comes to choosing insurance from an agent or online for your vehicles, there really is no “best” method to buy coverage. Every insured’s situation is different so your insurance should reflect that
For instance, these questions may help highlight if your insurance needs could use an agent’s help.
- Am I covered when driving a rental car?
- Do I need to file an SR-22 for a DUI in Nebraska?
- Is my teen driver covered when they drive my company car?
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
- What is the minimum liability in Nebraska?
- Are there any extra discounts I can get?
If you can’t answer these questions, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It only takes a few minutes and can help protect your family.
Shop online but buy locally
Some consumers still prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that can be a great decision Experienced insurance agents can help determine the best coverages and help in the event of a claim. One of the great benefits of getting online price quotes is that you can obtain better rates but also keep your business local. Buying from and supporting small agencies is especially important in Lincoln.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this short form, your insurance coverage information is transmitted to local insurance agents who will give you bids for your coverage. There is no need to leave your house since rate quotes are delivered to you directly. If you wish to get a rate quote for a specific company, you just need to visit that company’s website and give them your coverage information.
What type of Lincoln car insurance agent is right for you?
If you need to find a reliable insurance agency, it helps to know the two types of agencies and how they work. Lincoln agents can be classified as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Both types can sell affordable car insurance policies, but it’s important to point out why they differ because it can impact buying decisions.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Agents of this type are not locked into one company so they can insure your vehicles with an assortment of companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. To move your coverage to a new company, your agent can switch companies and you can keep the same agent.
When searching for an agent, you will definitely want to get quotes from independent agents for the best price selection.
Below is a small list of independent agencies in Lincoln that may be able to give you free price quotes.
Buethe and Associates Insurance Agency
2337 S 13th St – Lincoln, NE 68542 – (402) 474-2063 – View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents normally can only provide a single company’s rates like Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. They generally cannot compare other company’s rates so they have no alternatives for high prices. They receive extensive training in insurance sales and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Listed below are Lincoln exclusive insurance agencies that can give you price quotes.
American Family Insurance – Tim Stewart Agency Inc.
5625 O St Ste 105 – Lincoln, NE 68510 – (402) 489-6211 – View Map
Choosing the best car insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price quote. Before buying a policy in Lincoln, get answers to these questions.
- What companies can they write with?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
Quote more and you will save more
Cheaper Kia Borrego insurance in Lincoln can be purchased on the web in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance providers may not offer the ability to get a quote online and many times these regional carriers work with independent agencies.
We’ve covered some good ideas how you can compare Kia Borrego insurance car insurance rates in Lincoln. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get premium rates for, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. You may even find the best price on insurance is with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. These companies may cover specific market segments cheaper than the large multi-state companies such as GEICO and State Farm.
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Safe Drivers in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for College Students in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- How Much is Lincoln Car Insurance for Drivers Under 25? (FAQ)
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)