A recent NerdWallet.com study revealed that the vast majority of auto insurance customers kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for more than four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never even compared rates from other companies. The average driver in Nebraska could save themselves up to 30% a year, but they don’t believe the large savings they would see if they switched to a cheaper policy.
The best way we recommend to find affordable Lexus NX 200t insurance is to compare prices regularly from insurance carriers that sell auto insurance in Lincoln.
- First, get an understanding of how companies set rates and the measures you can take to keep rates in check. Many risk factors that drive up the price such as getting speeding tickets and a negative credit rating can be amended by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Continue reading for additional ideas to find cheap prices and find discounts that may have been missed.
- Second, get rate quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes from many different companies. Start a quote
- Third, compare the price quotes to your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find better rates and decide to switch, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Fourth, provide proper notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your existing policy. Submit payment and a signed application to the new insurer. Be sure to keep your new certificate of insurance above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
One thing to point out is to make sure you enter identical coverages on each quote request and and to look at as many different insurance providers as possible. This guarantees a level playing field and a good representation of prices.
The purpose of this post is to introduce you to the best way to buy inexpensive car insurance and some money-saving tips. If you have insurance now, you will definitely be able to get lower rates using the following tips. Consumers just have to learn the least time-consuming way to compare prices from multiple carriers.
The following companies can provide comparison quotes in Lincoln, NE. If you want to find cheaper auto insurance in Lincoln, we suggest you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Cheaper Lexus NX 200t insurance quotes in Lincoln
Some insurance providers don’t always advertise the complete list of policy discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so we break down some of the best known and the harder-to-find ways to save on auto insurance. If you are not receiving all the discounts available, you are throwing money away.
- Anti-theft System – Cars and trucks with anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and will qualify for a discount on a Lincoln car insurance quote.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them complete a driver education course if it’s offered in school.
- New Car Discount – Buying a new car instead of a used NX 200t is cheaper because newer models have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Auto/Life Discount – If the company offers life insurance, you could get a discounted auto insurance rate on car insurance if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Paper-free Discount – Some of the larger companies provide a small discount for completing your application on their website.
- Senior Citizens – Drivers over the age of 55 can possibly qualify for better auto insurance rates.
- Claim-Free Discount – Drivers with accident-free driving histories are rewarded with significantly better rates on Lincoln car insurance quote when compared to policyholders that have many claims.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Insuring all your vehicles on one policy qualifies for this discount.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Even though the math looks like you could get a free auto insurance policy, it doesn’t quite work that way.
A few companies that may offer most of the discounts above may include but are not limited to:
If you need inexpensive Lincoln car insurance quotes, ask all companies you are considering which credits you are entitled to. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not be available everywhere. To view insurers who offer online Lexus NX 200t insurance quotes in Nebraska, click here to view.
Insurance in Nebraska serves several purposes
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Lincoln, buying insurance is required in Nebraska but also provides important benefits.
First, most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability protection if you drive a vehicle. In Nebraska these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you bought your vehicle with a loan, almost every bank will make it mandatory that you buy insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the lender will be forced to insure your Lexus at a more expensive rate and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
Third, insurance protects not only your Lexus but also your financial assets. It will also reimburse you for many types of medical costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay for a defense attorney if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your insurance policy will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance more than cancel out the cost, particularly for liability claims. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is currently overpaying as much as $820 a year so compare rate quotes at every renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Best car insurance in Lincoln
Buying coverage from a highly-rated insurance company is difficult considering how many choices there are in Lincoln. The company information in the lists below may help you choose which auto insurance companies to look at when looking for cheaper rates.
Top 10 Lincoln Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA – A++
- Travelers – A++
- State Farm – A++
- GEICO – A++
- Nationwide – A+
- Esurance – A+
- The Hartford – A+
- Progressive – A+
- Allstate – A+
- The General – A-
Top 10 Lincoln Car Insurance Companies Overall
- 21st Century
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- American Family
Situations that may require an agent’s advice
When choosing coverage online or from an agent, there is no “perfect” insurance plan. Your financial needs are unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight if your situation could use an agent’s help.
- Is my camper covered by my car insurance policy?
- Where can I find DUI or SR-22 insurance?
- Who is covered when they drive my Lexus NX 200t?
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
- What are good deductibles for a Lexus NX 200t?
- What does medical payments coverage do?
- Am I covered when using my vehicle for business?
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form. It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
Insurance agent or online?
Many people still prefer to buy from a local agent and doing that can be a smart decision Professional agents are highly skilled in risk management and will help you if you have claims. The best thing about comparing rate quotes online is that you can obtain better rates but also keep your business local. Buying insurance from neighborhood insurance agencies is still important in Lincoln.
By using this simple form, your information is transmitted to companies in Lincoln who will give you quotes for your coverage. You won’t even need to do any legwork since rate quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. If you want to compare rates from a specific auto insurance provider, you can always visit that company’s website and complete a quote there.
If you are wanting to find an insurance agent, it helps to know the two different types of agencies that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Auto insurance agencies may be either exclusive agents or independent agents. Both types of agents can insure your vehicles properly, but it’s a good idea to understand the difference in the companies they write for since it can affect your selection of an agent.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
These agents are not employed by any specific company so they can write business with an assortment of companies and get you the best rates possible. If you are not satisfied with one company, they simply move your policy to a different company and that require little work on your part.
When comparing auto insurance prices, it’s recommended you contact at a minimum one independent agency to get the most accurate price comparison. Most also write with lesser-known insurance companies who may have lower rates.
Shown below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Lincoln who may provide price quotes.
- Stuchlik and Associates Insurance
130 Cherry Hill Blvd – Lincoln, NE 68510 – (402) 489-8990 – View Map
- Davidson Insurance Agency, Inc
5604 South 48th St #6 – Lincoln, NE 68516 – (800) 249-1443 – View Map
- UNICO Group
1128 Lincoln Mall #200 – Lincoln, NE 68508 – (402) 434-7200 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents are contracted to one company and examples are Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot shop your coverage around so they really need to provide good service. These agents are highly trained on what they offer and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Some consumers prefer to buy insurance from these agents mainly due to the brand rather than low price.
The following are Lincoln exclusive insurance agents that can give you price quotes.
- American Family Insurance – Ben Bolte Agency Inc
5815 S 58th St Ste A – Lincoln, NE 68516 – (402) 441-4222 – View Map
- State Farm: Genny Noerrlinger
6710 L St #110 – Lincoln, NE 68510 – (402) 488-7855 – View Map
- John Curry – State Farm Insurance Agent
4640 Champlain Dr #121 – Lincoln, NE 68521 – (402) 477-8383 – View Map
Picking an auto insurance agent is decision based upon more than just the bottom line cost. Here are some questions you should ask.
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- Does their agency support local causes in Lincoln?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
Once you have received answers to your satisfaction to these questions and an affordable coverage quote, it’s possible that you found an insurance agent that will provide auto insurance coverage.