Smart shoppers know that insurance companies want to keep you from comparing prices. Consumers who get price comparisons will probably move their business because of the good chance of finding coverage at a cheaper rate. A recent survey found that people who make a habit of shopping around saved $3,400 over four years as compared to drivers who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding the best price on Lexus RX 350 insurance in Lincoln is your intention, then having some knowledge of how to get free comparison quotes and analyze coverages can make the process less intimidating.
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to quote cheaper Lexus RX 350 insurance in Lincoln is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from insurance carriers who sell auto insurance in Nebraska. Drivers can shop around by completing these steps.
- Take a few minutes and learn about coverages and the modifications you can make to lower rates. Many policy risk factors that result in higher rates such as traffic violations and a less-than-favorable credit rating can be controlled by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Request price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can give you price quotes for many different companies. Find a Lincoln insurance agent
- Compare the new rates to your existing policy and see if you can save money. If you find better rates and buy the policy, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Notify your agent or company of your intent to cancel your existing policy and submit a down payment along with a completed application for your new coverage. Once received, put the new certificate of insurance above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
An important part of this process is that you’ll want to make sure you compare similar limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to look at as many carriers as you can. This provides a fair price comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
Companies offering low-cost Lexus RX 350 prices in Lincoln, NE
The companies shown below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Nebraska. To locate cheap auto insurance in Nebraska, it’s highly recommended you click on several of them to find the most affordable auto insurance rates.
Insurance statistics and figures
The premium information shown below covers estimates of insurance coverage prices for Lexus RX 350 models. Having a better idea how insurance policy rates are determined can assist in making decisions on which insurance to purchase.
|RX 350 2WD
|RX 350 4WD
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go
Data assumes married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Nebraska minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, claim-free, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Rate quotes do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can raise or lower coverage prices considerably.
Analysis of deductible levels
One frequently asked question is where to set your physical damage deductibles. The comparisons below can help you understand the differences in premium rates between low and high coverage deductibles. The first price estimate table uses a $250 deductible for comprehensive and collision coverage and the second price table uses a $500 deductible.
|RX 350 2WD
|RX 350 4WD
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go
|RX 350 2WD
|RX 350 4WD
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go
Above prices assume married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, and Nebraska minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Rates do not factor in specific location information which can modify coverage rates considerably.
We can estimate from the data above that using a $250 deductible costs about $15 more each month or $180 every year than requesting the higher $500 deductible. Because you would pay $250 more if you file a claim with a $500 deductible as compared to a $250 deductible, if you tend to go more than 17 months between claim filings, you would probably be better off if you elect the higher deductible.
The example below shows how different deductible levels and can affect Lexus RX 350 insurance costs for each age group. The premiums assume a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no policy discounts are applied.
Rate comparison of men versus women
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Lexus RX 350 insurance premiums for male and female drivers. The price estimates are based on no accidents or driving violations, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Comparison of full coverage and liability-only policies
The example below shows the comparison of Lexus RX 350 insurance rates when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The costs are based on no claims or violations, $500 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied.
Deciding between full coverage and liability only
There is no definitive rule to delete full coverage, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the annual cost of having full coverage is more than about 10% of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then you might consider buying liability only.
For example, let’s assume your Lexus RX 350 settlement value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most you would receive is $8,000 after paying your deductible. If it’s costing in excess of $800 annually for your policy with full coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are a few cases where dropping physical damage coverage is not advised. If you haven’t paid off your loan, you have to maintain full coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should not drop full coverage.
Why Your Insurance Premiums might be higher
A large part of saving on insurance is knowing the factors that are used to determine your policy premiums. When you understand what impacts premium levels, this enables informed choices that may result in lower rates.
Low mileage costs less – Driving a lot of miles in a year’s time the more you will pay for insurance. The majority of insurers calculate rates partially by how you use the vehicle. Cars that have low annual miles qualify for better rates than those used for commuting. An improperly rated RX 350 is throwing money out the window. Ask your agent if your policy states the correct usage for each vehicle.
Single drivers take more risk – Having a spouse can get you a discount on your insurance bill. Having a spouse may mean you are more stable financially it has been statistically shown that married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
Buy as much liability insurance as you can afford – The liability coverage on your policy is the coverage that protects you when you are found to be at fault for an accident. This coverage provides legal defense which can cost thousands of dollars. Liability insurance is quite affordable as compared to coverage for physical damage, so buy as much as you can afford.
Pay more for higher performance vehicles – The make and model of the vehicle you need insurance for makes a significant difference in your car insurance bill. Small economy passenger vehicles receive the most favorable rates, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
The next chart uses these assumptions: married male driver age 20, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It compares Lexus RX 350 car insurance rates compared to other vehicles that have different performances.
Policy add-ons may not be needed – There are many additional coverages you can purchase on your RX 350 policy. Coverage for things like vanishing deductibles, towing, and additional equipment coverage are probably not needed. You may think they are a good idea when talking to your agent, but if you don’t need them eliminate them to save money.
Do thieves like your car? – Driving a car that has a built-in theft deterrent system can save you some money. Anti-theft devices like GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers can thwart auto theft and help lower rates.
Lexus RX 350 insurance loss data – Insurance companies take into consideration historical loss data for every vehicle to calculate a rate that will offset losses. Models that the statistics show to have higher claim frequency or loss amount will cost more for specific coverages.
The table below demonstrates the actual insurance loss data for Lexus RX 350 vehicles. For each policy coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles compiled together is a value of 100. Values that are 100 or less indicate a favorable loss history, while numbers above 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or tendency to have higher losses.
|Make and Model
|Lexus RX 350 4dr 2WD
|Lexus RX 350 4dr 4WD
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Auto insurance discounts are available to get cheap rates
Buying auto insurance is not cheap, but you can get discounts that can help lower your rates. Some trigger automatically when you quote, but once in a while a discount must be specifically requested in order for you to get them.
- Employee of Federal Government – Active or former government employment could cut as much as 10% off with certain companies.
- Lincoln Homeowners Discount – Simply owning a home can save you money since owning and maintaining a home is proof of financial responsibility.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars with ABS braking systems or traction control prevent accidents so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Sign Online – Some insurance companies provide a small discount for signing up on the internet.
- Mature Driver Discount – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you can possibly qualify for a small decrease in premiums.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you combine your auto and homeowners policies with the same insurance company they may give you a discount of up to 20% and get you cheap RX 350 insurance.
- Theft Deterrent System – Cars and trucks equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and will qualify for a discount on a Lincoln auto insurance quote.
Discounts lower rates, but some credits don’t apply to the entire cost. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. If you do the math and it seems like you can get free auto insurance, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous.
The chart below compares Lexus RX 350 car insurance rates with and without policy discounts. The premiums assume a female driver, no claims or driving citations, Nebraska state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, multi-car, safe-driver, and marriage discounts applied.
The best auto insurance companies and a selection of discounts can be found below.
- Farm Bureau offers premium reductions for good student, safe driver, youthful driver, renewal discount, 55 and retired, and multi-vehicle.
- State Farm has discounts for multiple autos, accident-free, passive restraint, good driver, Drive Safe & Save, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and multiple policy.
- Progressive may offer discounts for continuous coverage, multi-policy, online quote discount, good student, and multi-vehicle.
- Allstate policyholders can earn discounts including early signing, senior citizen, farm vehicle, good student, FullPay discount, economy car, and teenSMART discount.
- Nationwide offers discounts including good student, defensive driving, multi-policy, easy pay, business or organization, accident-free, and anti-theft.
- MetLife may include discounts for claim-free, defensive driver, good student, accident-free, good driver, and multi-policy.
Double check with every company how you can save money. Some discounts may not be offered in Lincoln.
Get rate quotes but still have a neighborhood Lincoln auto insurance agent
A small number of people just prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that can be a great decision Insurance agents can help determine the best coverages and help submit paperwork. One of the best bonuses of comparing car insurance online is the fact that drivers can get better rates and also buy local. And buying from local agencies is important especially in Lincoln.
To find an agent, once you fill out this simple form, the coverage information is immediately sent to local insurance agents in Lincoln who want to provide quotes for your car insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to drive around due to the fact that quote results will go directly to you. If for some reason you want to quote rates from a specific car insurance provider, just search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
If you’re trying to find a local Lincoln insurance agent, you must know there are a couple different types of agencies that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agencies in Lincoln can either be independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Both types of agents can provide car insurance policies, but we need to point out the difference between them since it can affect your agent selection.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Independent agencies are not locked into one company so they can quote policies through many different car insurance companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. If prices rise, your policy is moved internally and you stay with the same agent.
When shopping rates, it’s a good idea to include rate quotes from at a minimum one independent agency for maximum quote selection.
Shown below are Lincoln independent insurance agents that may be able to give pricing information.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents normally can only provide a single company’s rates and some examples include Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide other company’s prices so keep that in mind. Exclusive agencies are well schooled on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
The following are Lincoln exclusive agencies that are able to give price quotes.
American Family Insurance – Tim Stewart Agency Inc.
5625 O St Ste 105 – Lincoln, NE 68510 – (402) 489-6211 – View Map
Deciding on a car insurance agent is decision based upon more than just the bottom line cost. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- Who are their largest clients?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- Where are claims handled?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
Nebraska auto insurance companies
Insuring your vehicle with the top insurer is hard considering how many companies there are in Nebraska. The rank data in the next section may help you analyze which companies you want to consider comparing price quotes from.
Top 10 Lincoln Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 92%
- American Family – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Nationwide – 88%
- 21st Century – 88%
- The Hartford – 87%
- Progressive – 87%
- AAA Insurance – 87%
- Farmers Insurance – 87%
- Liberty Mutual – 87%
You may need specialized car insurance coverage
When buying coverage for your personal vehicles, there really isn’t a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Each situation is unique so your insurance needs to address that.
These are some specific questions might point out if your insurance needs may require specific advice.
- Do I need an umbrella policy?
- I have health insurance so do I need medical payments coverage?
- What is an adequate liability insurance limit?
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
- Does every company file a SR-22 automatically?
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
When searching for low cost Lincoln auto insurance quotes, you should never reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many cases where someone dropped full coverage and discovered at claim time they didn’t have enough coverage. The aim is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best cost.
The cheapest Lexus RX 350 insurance in Lincoln is available on the web as well as from independent agents in Lincoln, so you should compare both to have the best selection. A few companies don’t offer rates over the internet and most of the time these small, regional companies only sell through independent agents.
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Under 21 in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers with Bad Credit in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)