The preferred way to find low-cost auto insurance rates in Lincoln is to compare prices at least once a year from different companies who can sell car insurance in Nebraska. Rates can be compared by completing these steps.
- Take a few minutes and learn about what is in your policy and the changes you can make to keep rates in check. Many factors that increase rates such as traffic citations, accidents, and a substandard credit score can be eliminated by paying attention to minor details.
- Get rate quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can give you price quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage to see if you can save by switching companies. If you can save money, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Tell your current agent or company of your decision to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit the required down payment along with the signed application for your new policy. Once received, safely store the certificate verifying coverage in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
A valuable tip to remember is that you’ll want to make sure you compare similar limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to get price quotes from as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this provides an accurate price comparison and the best price quote selection.
It’s hard to fathom, but nearly 70% of consumers have bought car insurance from the same company for at least four years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never shopped around. U.S. consumers can save hundreds of dollars each year, but they just don’t understand the rate savings if they changed companies.
Compare quotes for Lincoln Cadillac ATS insurance
All the larger insurance companies provide price estimates from their websites. Obtaining pricing for Cadillac ATS insurance in Lincoln is possible for anyone as you simply enter your coverage preferences as requested by the quote form. After you submit the form the company’s rating system orders credit information and your driving record and returns a price. This makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it’s absolutely necessary to get many rate quotes if you are searching for the cheapest price possible.
To find out what other companies charge, compare rates from the companies below. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended that you enter your coverages exactly as shown on your declarations page. This ensures you’re receiving a price comparison using the exact same coverages.
The companies shown below are ready to provide free quotes in Lincoln, NE. To find cheap car insurance in Nebraska, it’s a good idea that you click on several of them to get the lowest price.
Four Tips to Get Cheaper Lincoln Insurance Premiums
Part of the car insurance buying process is learning the factors that play a part in calculating the rates you pay for car insurance. If you understand what determines premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can earn you much lower annual insurance costs. Many factors are considered when you get a price on insurance. Most are fairly basic like an MVR report, but others are not quite as obvious such as your credit history or your vehicle rating.
- Know your credit score – Having a bad credit score factor in calculating your premium rate. If your credit history is low, you may save money insuring your Cadillac ATS by spending a little time repairing your credit. People with high credit ratings tend to be more responsible than drivers with lower ratings.
- Use but don’t abuse your insurance – Auto insurance companies in Nebraska generally give lower rates to insureds that do not abuse their auto insurance. If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can expect higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Insurance coverage is meant to be used in the event of claims that you cannot pay yourself.
- Safer the car lower the rate – Cars with high safety ratings get lower rates. These vehicles have better occupant injury protection and lower rates of occupant injuries means less money paid by your insurance company and lower rates for you. If the Cadillac ATS has at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website it may cost less to insure.
- Gender matters – Statistics show that females take fewer risks when driving. It does not mean females are better at driving than males. Females and males are responsible for auto accidents at a similar rate, but guys get into accidents with more damage. In addition to higher claims, males also get more serious tickets such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly.
Insurance loss probability for a Cadillac ATS – Companies use past insurance losses when setting premium rates. Vehicles that tend to have higher loss trends will have higher rates.
The next table illustrates the insurance loss data for Cadillac ATS vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles as a whole equals 100. Percentages below 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while values over 100 indicate more frequent claims or statistically larger claims.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Cadillac ATS Vehicles Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Cadillac ATS 4dr 2WD 121 97 103 107 96 90 Cadillac ATS 4dr 4WD 127 81 91 92 93 74BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Choosing the best vehicle insurance in Nebraska is an important decision
Despite the high insurance cost for a Cadillac ATS in Lincoln, car insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability coverage if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Nebraska these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your ATS has a loan, most lenders will stipulate that you buy insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may insure your Cadillac at a more expensive rate and require you to fork over a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards not only your Cadillac but also your assets. It also can pay for medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay to defend you if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially when you need to use it. An average driver in America is currently overpaying as much as $865 each year so it’s recommended you shop around once a year at a minimum to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Best car insurance in Lincoln
Buying coverage from a good quality car insurance company can be rather challenging considering how many different companies insure vehicles in Lincoln. The rank data listed below may help you analyze which car insurance companies you want to consider when shopping around.
Top 10 Lincoln Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 92%
- American Family – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Nationwide – 88%
- 21st Century – 88%
- The Hartford – 87%
- Progressive – 87%
- AAA Insurance – 87%
- Farmers Insurance – 87%
- Liberty Mutual – 87%
Top 10 Lincoln Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- State Farm
- Safeco Insurance
- 21st Century