The best way we recommend to find affordable quotes for auto insurance rates is to compare prices annually from insurers that insure vehicles in Lincoln.
- Step 1: Learn about coverages and the modifications you can make to prevent rate increases. Many rating criteria that cause rate increases like your driving record and a low credit score can be eliminated by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. This article gives additional tips to help prevent expensive coverage and earn larger discounts.
- Step 2: Request rate estimates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from multiple insurance companies. View insurance agents
- Step 3: Compare the quotes to your existing rates and determine if cheaper Spark EV coverage is available in Lincoln. If you find a lower rate quote, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Provide notification to your current agent or company of your decision to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit a down payment and signed policy application to your new company or agent. As soon as coverage is bound, store the proof of insurance certificate in an accessible location in your vehicle.
One key aspect when comparing rates is to make sure you enter the same coverage limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to get price estimates from as many companies as possible. This ensures a level playing field and a complete selection of prices.
Smart shoppers know that car insurance companies want to keep you from comparing rates. Drivers who compare other rates will, in all likelihood, move their business because they have good chances of finding a lower rate. A survey found that consumers who shopped around every year saved $865 annually compared to people who never shopped around.
If finding the lowest price for insurance in Lincoln is your target objective, then having some knowledge of the best way to compare insurance rates can make it easier to find better rates.
The method we recommend to compare car insurance company rates for Chevy Spark EV insurance in Lincoln is to know the fact most of the larger companies pay for the opportunity to give free rates quotes. To begin a comparison, all you need to do is provide a little information such as what your job is, if you require a SR-22, the ages of drivers, and whether you have decent credit. Your insurance information is instantly submitted to many of the top insurers and they respond with quotes immediately.
To check car insurance prices now, click here then complete the form.
The companies shown below provide free quotes in Nebraska. If you want cheap auto insurance in Lincoln, NE, it’s a good idea that you get price quotes from several of them to get the cheapest price.
Insurance in Nebraska serves several purposes
Despite the high insurance cost for a Chevy Spark EV in Lincoln, insurance serves an important purpose.
- The majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to be legal. In Nebraska these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Chevy, almost all lenders will stipulate that you carry insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Chevy for a lot more money and require you to pay for it.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your car. It will also cover most medical and hospital costs for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability coverage also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, your policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of insuring your Spark EV are without a doubt worth the cost, especially if you ever need it. As of last year, the average driver in Nebraska overpays as much as $865 each year so you should quote rates every year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
These eight discounts can lower your auto insurance rates
Car insurance is not cheap, but you might find some hidden discounts that you may not even know about. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at quote time, but a few must be asked about prior to receiving the credit.
- Professional Organizations – Belonging to certain professional organizations could qualify you for a break on auto insurance.
- Distant Student Discount – College-age children living away from Lincoln attending college and do not have access to a covered vehicle may qualify for this discount.
- New Car Discount – Buying auto insurance coverage on a new vehicle can get you a discount since new vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Government Employees – Simply working for the federal government could qualify for a slight premium decrease depending on your auto insurance provider.
- Seat Belt Usage – Requiring all passengers to use a seat belt can save a little on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Cars that have anti-lock braking systems can avoid accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Low Mileage – Maintaining low annual mileage can earn better rates on cars that stay parked.
- Accident Free – Drivers with accident-free driving histories pay much less when compared to drivers with a long claim history.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Just because you may think all the discounts add up to a free policy, that’s just not realistic. But any discount will bring down the premium cost.
A list of auto insurance companies and the discounts they provide are shown below.
- AAA offers discounts including AAA membership discount, education and occupation, anti-theft, good driver, pay-in-full, multi-policy, and good student.
- Progressive discounts include multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, good student, homeowner, and online quote discount.
- State Farm has savings for multiple policy, accident-free, good driver, multiple autos, and student away at school.
- Esurance policyholders can earn discounts including claim free, online shopper, anti-theft, renters, Switch & Save, homeowner, and emergency road assistance.
- Nationwide may offer discounts for business or organization, easy pay, defensive driving, Farm Bureau membership, anti-theft, and good student.
Before buying, ask all companies you are considering the best way to save money. Discounts may not be available in every state. To locate insurance companies who offer free Chevy Spark EV insurance quotes in Nebraska, click here.
Local agents and auto insurance
Certain consumers would prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that is a smart decision A good thing about getting online price quotes is you can get cheap rate quotes and also buy local. Buying from local insurance agents is still important in Lincoln.
Upon completion of this short form, the quote information gets sent to insurance agents in Lincoln that can give you free Lincoln auto insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to contact an agency due to the fact that quote results will go directly to you. You can most likely find cheaper rates AND an agent nearby. If you need to get a rate quote from a specific company, you can always go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
If you are wanting to purchase auto insurance from a reliable agent, it helps to know the two types of agencies to choose from. Agents are considered either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel are not locked into one company so they can insure your vehicles with any number of different companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. To transfer your coverage to a different company, your agent can switch companies and you stay with the same agent. When comparing auto insurance prices, you should always get some free quotes from at a minimum one independent agency for maximum quote selection.
The following is a small list of independent insurance agencies in Lincoln that can give you price quotes.
3325 A St – Lincoln, NE 68510 – (402) 434-0480 – View Map
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only provide one company’s prices like Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. These agents are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training in insurance sales which can be an advantage.
Listed below are exclusive insurance agencies in Lincoln that can give you comparison quotes.
Finding the right auto insurance agent requires you to look at more than just a cheap quote. Any agent in Lincoln should have no problem answering these questions:
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Nebraska?
Car insurance coverage specifics
Having a good grasp of your policy can help you determine which coverages you need and proper limits and deductibles. Car insurance terms can be impossible to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Listed below are the normal coverages available from car insurance companies.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage – This coverage protects you and your vehicle from other motorists when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. It can pay for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Because many people carry very low liability coverage limits (Nebraska limits are 25/50/25), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is a good idea. Normally the UM/UIM limits are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Liability coverages – Liability insurance will cover damage or injury you incur to people or other property in an accident. Coverage consists of three different limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. Your policy might show values of 25/50/25 that translate to $25,000 bodily injury coverage, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Another option is one number which is a combined single limit which provides one coverage limit rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability coverage protects against things such as loss of income, funeral expenses, medical services and pain and suffering. How much liability should you purchase? That is up to you, but you should buy as large an amount as possible. Nebraska state minimum liability requirements are 25/50/25 but drivers should carry more liability than the minimum.
The illustration below demonstrates why buying the state minimum limits may not be high enough to adequately cover claims.
Comprehensive auto coverage – Comprehensive insurance will pay to fix damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first must pay your deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims like damage from a tornado or hurricane, hail damage, vandalism, a tree branch falling on your vehicle and fire damage. The most you’ll receive from a claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Collision coverage – Collision coverage pays for damage to your Spark EV from colliding with another car or object. You first must pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision can pay for claims such as driving through your garage door, backing into a parked car, scraping a guard rail, sustaining damage from a pot hole and crashing into a ditch. This coverage can be expensive, so you might think about dropping it from older vehicles. Another option is to increase the deductible on your Spark EV to save money on collision insurance.
Medical payments and PIP coverage – Med pay and PIP coverage reimburse you for expenses like nursing services, funeral costs, X-ray expenses, surgery and doctor visits. They can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance plan or if you lack health insurance entirely. Medical payments and PIP cover you and your occupants as well as if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is not universally available but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
More quotes mean more insurance savings
Budget-friendly insurance in Lincoln can be sourced both online as well as from independent agents in Lincoln, and you should compare price quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance providers do not offer price quotes online and many times these small, regional companies only sell coverage through independent insurance agencies.
We covered a lot of tips how to shop for Chevy Spark EV insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the better likelihood of getting affordable Chevrolet Spark EV insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the lowest priced insurance comes from the least-expected company. Regional companies may have significantly lower premium rates on certain market segments as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
More information is available at the links below
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a 20 Year Old Male in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Lincoln Auto Insurance for Uninsured Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers Over Age 70 in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)