It takes a few minutes, but the best way to quote cheaper car insurance rates is to do a yearly price comparison from insurance carriers who sell auto insurance in Lincoln.
- It will benefit you to learn about the coverage provided by your policy and the steps you can take to drop your rates. Many factors that increase rates like getting speeding tickets and a less-than-favorable credit score can be improved by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. This article provides instructions to prevent rate hikes and get additional discounts.
- Quote rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the new rates to the price on your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate in Lincoln. If you can save some money and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
A valuable tip to remember is to use the same coverage limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to analyze as many companies as possible. This guarantees a fair rate comparison and a complete selection of prices.
It’s a fact that auto insurance companies don’t want policyholders to shop around. Insureds who get comparison quotes at least once a year are very likely to buy a new policy because the odds are good of finding lower rate quotes. A study showed that people who compared prices regularly saved approximately $3,450 over four years as compared to drivers who never shopped around.
If finding the best price on Chrysler Aspen insurance is your goal, then learning a little about how to shop and compare cheaper coverage can help simplify the process.
If you already have coverage, you stand a good chance to be able to get lower rates using the concepts covered in this article. Our objective in writing this article is to help you learn how to get online quotes and some money-saving tips. But Nebraska vehicle owners can benefit from knowing how insurance companies determine premium rates because it varies considerably.
When comparison shopping, comparing more rates from different companies helps improve the odds of finding a lower rate. Some insurance companies are not set up to provide price estimates online, so it’s necessary to compare price quotes from them as well.
The following companies have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Lincoln, NE. To locate cheap auto insurance in Nebraska, we recommend you get rate quotes from several of them to get the most competitive price.
Three reasons insurance is important
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Chrysler Aspen in Lincoln, insurance is required in Nebraska but also provides important benefits.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability insurance in order to drive the car. In Nebraska these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Chrysler Aspen, it’s most likely the lender will stipulate that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the bank may buy a policy for your Chrysler at a more expensive rate and force you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards both your Chrysler Aspen and your personal assets. It will also reimburse you for medical transport and hospital expenses incurred in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, your insurance policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your Aspen more than offset the price you pay, particularly when you have a large claim. An average driver in America is overpaying more than $865 each year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison every year to save money.
Lower the Price of Auto Insurance with These Tips
Many different elements are taken into consideration when quoting car insurance. Some factors are common sense such as your driving record, but other criteria are more obscure such as your credit history or how financially stable you are. An important part of buying insurance is that you know a few of the rating criteria that help calculate the rates you pay for auto insurance. When you understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables you to make decisions that could result in much lower annual insurance costs.
The itemized list below are some of the things used by insurance companies to determine your premiums.
- Gender impacts costs – The statistics show that women are safer drivers than men. The data does not necessarily mean that men are worse drivers. Females and males tend to get into at-fault accidents at about the same rate, but the men have accidents that have higher claims. Men also tend to receive more major tickets like reckless driving and DUI. Male drivers age 16 to 19 are the most expensive to insure and therefore have the most expensive auto insurance rates.
- Annual miles is a factor – The more you drive your Chrysler every year the higher the price you pay to insure it. Most companies calculate prices based on how the vehicle is used. Cars and trucks that do not get driven very much can be on a lower rate level than cars that get driven a lot. Having the wrong rating on your Aspen can result in significantly higher rates. It’s a smart idea to ensure your vehicle rating shows the proper vehicle usage, because it can save money.
- Protect yourself with liability insurance – Your policy’s liability coverage will protect you in the event that a jury decides you are liable for damages from an accident. Your policy’s liability insurance provides legal defense which can be incredibly expensive. This coverage is very inexpensive compared to comp and collision, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Driving citations mean higher rates – Drivers with clean records receive lower rates compared to bad drivers. Having a single driving citation can increase rates twenty percent or more. People who have flagrant violations such as DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding may find that they have to to submit a SR-22 form with their state’s licensing department in order to prevent a license revocation.
- A policy lapse is a bad thing – Not having insurance is a big no-no and any future policy may cost more because you let your coverage have a gap. Not only will you pay more, being ticketed for driving with no insurance could earn you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.
- Safer vehicles means lower rates – Cars with high safety ratings tend to have lower insurance rates. These vehicles result in less severe injuries and reduced instances of injuries means lower claim amounts and thus lower rates.
- Bundle home and auto and save – Some insurance companies afford better rates to people who buy several policies from them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can add up to 10 percent or more. Even with this discount, drivers will still want to compare other Lincoln Aspen insurance rates to ensure the best deal. You may still be able to save even more than the discount by buying from different companies
- Lower premiums with alarm systems – Buying a car that has a built-in theft deterrent system can earn a premium discount. Advanced theft deterrents such as OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems help track and prevent car theft.
Earn discounts on Lincoln car insurance
Car insurance is not cheap, but you may find discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically when you quote, but a few need to be specifically requested prior to getting the savings.
- Pay Early and Save – If paying your policy premium upfront rather than paying monthly you can avoid monthly service charges.
- E-sign Discounts – A few larger companies provide a small discount for signing up over the internet.
- Claim-Free Discount – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims can earn big discounts in comparison with insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Drive Less and Save – Fewer annual miles on your Chrysler could qualify for slightly better car insurance rates than normal.
- Resident Student – Any of your kids who are enrolled in higher education away from home without a vehicle on campus could qualify for this discount.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with ABS braking systems or traction control can stop better under adverse conditions and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Student Driver Training – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to take driver’s ed class in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Seat Belt Usage – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to fasten their seat belts could save 15% off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Good Driver Discounts – Accident-free drivers may receive a discount up to 45% than less cautious drivers.
- Active Service Discounts – Having a family member in the military can result in better prices.
One last thing about discounts, some of the credits will not apply to the whole policy. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So even though it sounds like adding up those discounts means a free policy, that’s just not realistic.
A list of car insurance companies and some of the discounts are detailed below.
- GEICO discounts include good student, driver training, daytime running lights, military active duty, and anti-lock brakes.
- Auto-Owners Insurance has discounts for safe driver, multiple vehicles, anti-theft, paid in full, and company car.
- American Family may offer discounts for TimeAway discount, good student, good driver, bundled insurance, air bags, and Steer into Savings.
- Esurance may include discounts for paid-in-full, safety device, Switch & Save, emergency road assistance, anti-theft, good driver, and homeowner.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for multi-policy, good student, continuous coverage, online quote discount, and online signing.
- State Farm has savings for Steer Clear safe driver discount, good student, good driver, safe vehicle, driver’s education, and defensive driving training.
- AAA includes discounts for education and occupation, pay-in-full, multi-policy, good driver, and AAA membership discount.
Double check with all companies you are considering to apply every possible discount. All car insurance discounts may not be offered in every state. To see a list of insurers who offer cheap Chrysler Aspen insurance quotes in Lincoln, click this link.
When in doubt talk to an agent
When selecting your policy for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a best way to insure your cars. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s and your auto insurance should be unique as well.
These are some specific questions can aid in determining if you might need professional guidance.
- Are combined or split liability limits better?
- Is there coverage for injuries to my pets?
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Can good grades get a discount?
- Am I covered when delivering products for my home-based business?
- Is coverage enough to protect my assets?
- How much cheaper are high deductibles?
- Is a blown tire covered by insurance?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with an agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area.
Local Lincoln insurance agencies
Certain consumers prefer to have an agent’s advice and often times that is recommended The best thing about getting online price quotes is that you can obtain lower premium rates but still work with a licensed agent. Buying insurance from local agents is especially important in Lincoln.
After completing this short form, your insurance data is sent to companies in Lincoln that provide free Lincoln car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to leave your house since price quotes are sent to you directly. You can find better rates without requiring a lot of work. If you wish to get a rate quote from one company in particular, you can always jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
Exclusive and independent Lincoln car insurance agents
When looking for a local agent, there are two different types of agents that you can choose from. Agents are categorized either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents in the independent channel do not have single company limitations so they have the ability to put coverage with lots of companies depending on which coverage is best. If premiums increase, they simply move the coverage in-house without you having to go to a different agency.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, we recommend you check rates from multiple independent agents to have the best price comparison. They often place coverage with small mutual carriers which could offer lower prices.
Shown below is a partial list of independent agencies in Lincoln that can give you cheap rate quotes.
- Barney Insurance-Lincoln
701 N 48th St – Lincoln, NE 68504 – (402) 467-4633 – View Map
- Jeff Munns Agency, Inc.
1617 Normandy Ct #102 – Lincoln, NE 68512 – (402) 436-2140 – View Map
- Ogden Insurance Agency, Inc.
8531 Lexington Ave #102a – Lincoln, NE 68505 – (402) 466-5655 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type can only provide pricing for a single company like Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. Exclusive agents are unable to place coverage with different providers so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. These agents are highly trained in insurance sales which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Many people buy from the same agent for years mostly because of the brand rather than having low rates.
The following are exclusive insurance agencies in Lincoln that are able to give price quotes.
- Shelter Insurance – Richard Diers
4242 Cornhusker Hwy – Lincoln, NE 68504 – (402) 464-9511 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance
916 N 70th St – Lincoln, NE 68505 – (402) 488-5277 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Earnest and Associates, Inc
4221 O St – Lincoln, NE 68510 – (402) 488-0955 – View Map
Finding a good car insurance agent requires you to look at more than just a cheap price quote. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Who are their largest clients?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Lincoln?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
If you feel you receive good responses and cheap Aspen insurance quotes, you may have just found an insurance agency that is a good match to provide car insurance coverage.
Lincoln auto insurance companies ranked
Ending up with a high-quality insurance provider can be a challenge considering how many choices drivers have in Lincoln. The company information below may help you decide which auto insurance companies to look at comparing price quotes from.
Top 10 Lincoln Car Insurance Companies Overall
- 21st Century
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- American Family
One last thing to lower rates
We just showed you a lot of ways to lower your Chrysler Aspen insurance premium rates in Lincoln. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote Lincoln car insurance, the better your chances of lowering your prices. You may even discover the biggest savings come from a smaller regional carrier. Regional companies often have lower prices on specific markets than their larger competitors like State Farm or Progressive.
While you’re price shopping online, it’s very important that you do not buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many situations where an insured cut liability coverage limits only to regret they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your goal should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest cost, not the least amount of coverage.
For more information, take a look at the articles below:
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Seniors in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Felons in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for 18 Year Olds in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)