It’s an obvious statement that auto insurance companies don’t want you to compare rates. People who compare other prices will, in all likelihood, switch companies because they have a good chance of finding lower prices. A recent insurance study discovered that drivers who shopped around annually saved an average of $850 each year compared to policyholders who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding budget-friendly Ford Five Hundred insurance in Lincoln is the reason you’re here, knowing how to choose a company and compare insurance premiums can save time and make the process easier.
If you want to save money, the best way to find the cheapest price for Ford Five Hundred insurance in Lincoln is to start comparing rates regularly from different companies who sell auto insurance in Nebraska.
- Try to learn about what is in your policy and the measures you can control to prevent rate increases. Many rating criteria that drive up the price such as traffic violations and a low credit rating can be remedied by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote rates from multiple sources.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates to see if cheaper Five Hundred coverage is available. If you find a lower rate and buy the policy, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Tell your current company of your decision to cancel your current policy. Submit the required down payment along with the signed application to your new insurance company. Immediately upon receiving it, keep your new proof of insurance certificate along with your vehicle registration.
A good tip to remember is to use identical limits and deductibles on each quote and and to get quotes from as many different companies as possible. Doing this provides a fair rate comparison and maximum price selection.
If you have a current car insurance policy or just want cheaper rates, take advantage of these tips to get lower rates without reducing coverage. The purpose of this article is to instruct you on the best methods to compare rates and also pocket some savings Drivers just have to understand the most efficient way to compare price quotes instantly.
The providers in the list below provide free rate quotes in Nebraska. If you want the best auto insurance in Lincoln, NE, we suggest you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Affordable rates by earning discounts
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but there’s a good chance there are discounts to reduce the price significantly. Some discounts will apply when you purchase, but less common discounts must be asked for before you get the savings.
- No Claims – Claim-free drivers have much lower rates as opposed to drivers who are more careless.
- Professional Memberships – Having an affiliation with specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations can get you a small discount when getting a Lincoln auto insurance quote.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes are safer to drive and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Having worked for a branch of the government could qualify for a slight premium decrease depending on your company.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who require all occupants to buckle up before driving can save a little off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Passive Restraints – Factory air bags may get savings of 25 to 30%.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying a policy with more than one vehicle on the same auto insurance policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Distant Student Discount – Children living away from Lincoln attending college and leave their car at home can receive lower rates.
- Paper-free Discount – Some of the larger companies will provide an incentive just for signing your application digitally online.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though it sounds like all the discounts add up to a free policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
A partial list of companies that may offer most of these discounts are:
If you need affordable Ford Five Hundred insurance quotes, ask all the companies how many discounts you can get. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be offered in Lincoln. To see insurers that have a full spectrum of discounts in Nebraska, click here to view.
How Insurance Companies Determine Ford Five Hundred Insurance Premiums
Lots of things are taken into consideration when you get a price on insurance. A few of the factors are predictable such as traffic violations, but others are less apparent like your vehicle usage or your vehicle rating. One of the most helpful ways to save on insurance is to to have a grasp of some of the things that go into determining insurance rates. When you understand what influences your rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that may result in lower insurance prices.
- Performance makes a difference – The performance of the car or truck you drive makes a big difference in your premium level. Smaller low performance passenger cars generally have the cheapest insurance rates, but that’s not the only thing that factors into the final price.
- Low stress employer equals lower premiums – Do you have a high-stress occupation? Occupations such as military personnel, air traffic controllers, and emergency personnel are shown to have higher rates than the rest of us in part from intense work-related stress and incredibly demanding work hours. On the other hand, occupations like professors, engineers and homemakers have the lowest average rates.
- Save by driving safer cars – Cars with high safety ratings tend to have better insurance rates. Highly rated vehicles result in less severe injuries and fewer serious injuries means less money paid by your insurance company passed on to you as lower rates. If your Ford is rated at least four stars on Safercar.gov it may be receiving lower rates.
- Does insurance cost less for gals? – Over time, data shows that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. The data does not necessarily mean that males are worse at driving than females. Men and women cause at-fault accidents at about the same rate, but the men tend to have higher claims. In addition to higher claims, males also have more aggressive citations like reckless driving and DUI.
- Always have insurance – Having an insurance coverage lapse is a guaranteed way to increase your rates. In addition to paying higher rates, being ticketed for driving with no insurance might get you a steep fine or even jail time.
- Optional features that lower premiums – Driving a car with an alarm system can earn a premium discount. Anti-theft features such as vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all aid in stopping your vehicle from being stolen.
Local Lincoln insurance agencies
Some people still like to have an agent’s advice and that can be a smart move Good agents are highly skilled in risk management and help file insurance claims. One of the great benefits of comparing rates online is you can get cheap car insurance rates and still have a local agent. And supporting neighborhood agents is especially important in Lincoln.
After filling out this short form, the coverage information is sent to local insurance agents who will return price quotes to get your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to find an agent because prices are sent to you instantly. If you want to compare rates from a specific insurance company, you can always find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
When searching for a local Lincoln insurance agent, it’s helpful to know the different types of agents and how they are distinctly different. Car insurance agents can be classified as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Either one can sell and service car insurance coverage, but it is important to understand the difference in how they write coverage because it can influence your selection of an agent.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
These type of agents do not sell for just one brand and that is an advantage because they can write policies with many different companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. To transfer your coverage to a different company, the business is moved internally and you won’t have to switch agencies.
When comparing rate quotes, you need to get some free quotes from at a minimum one independent agency in order to have the best price comparison. Many independent agencies also insure through lesser-known insurance companies that many times have cheaper rates.
Featured below are Lincoln independent insurance agencies that can give you free price quotes.
- Forsyth Insurance Agency
1265 S Cotner Blvd #21 – Lincoln, NE 68510 – (402) 483-7861 – View Map
- Midwest Regional Agency
201 S 84th St – Lincoln, NE 68510 – (800) 873-9713 – View Map
- Solid Ground Insurance LLC
6000 South 58th Street Suite C – Lincoln, NE 68516 – (402) 420-7654 – View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive are contracted to one company like Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. They are unable to give you multiple price quotes so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agencies are very knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Some people will only buy from exclusive agents mainly due to the brand legacy and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Lincoln that can give you price quote information.
- State Farm – Lincoln – Steve Lang
1401 N 66th St Suite 206 – Lincoln, NE 68505 – (402) 467-2272 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Raymond Thielen
4949 N 26th St c – Lincoln, NE 68521 – (402) 435-5757 – View Map
- Roger McGinnis – State Farm Insurance Agent
6900 O St #105 – Lincoln, NE 68510 – (402) 466-6300 – View Map
Choosing an auto insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just the price. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Lincoln?
- What discounts might you be missing?
- When do they do policy reviews?
When in doubt talk to an agent
Always remember that when buying the best auto insurance coverage, there is no “perfect” insurance plan. Your financial needs are unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining if your situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
- Is motorclub coverage worth it?
- Why do I need rental car insurance?
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Is my ex-spouse still covered by my policy?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
Find cheaper rates by being thorough
Drivers who switch companies do it for many reasons like questionable increases in premium, poor customer service, an unsatisfactory settlement offer or even denial of a claim. Whatever your reason, switching auto insurance companies can be easy and end up saving you some money.
When buying insurance coverage, it’s not a good idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. There are many occasions where someone dropped liability limits or collision coverage only to regret that it was a big mistake. The aim is to buy enough coverage at the best cost.
We’ve covered a lot of ways to compare Ford Five Hundred insurance car insurance rates in Lincoln. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even discover the lowest car insurance rates come from an unexpected company.
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Lyft Drivers in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for a GMC Acadia in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Lincoln Car Insurance for a Ford Escape? (FAQ)
- How Much is Lincoln Car Insurance for Teenage Females? (FAQ)
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)