If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to find low-cost Ford Shelby GT350 insurance in Lincoln is to start doing an annual price comparison from companies who sell insurance in Nebraska.
First, read and learn about how insurance works and the measures you can control to drop your rates. Many factors that are responsible for high rates like at-fault accidents, careless driving, and a poor credit score can be improved by being financially responsible and driving safely. Continue reading for more ideas to help keep rates affordable and find discounts that you may qualify for.
Second, compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes from multiple insurance companies. Click to view companies
Third, compare the new rates to your existing coverage to see if cheaper Shelby GT350 coverage is available in Lincoln. If you find a lower rate quote, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
Fourth, provide proper notification to your current company of your decision to cancel the current policy. Submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application for your new policy. As soon as you can, place the new proof of insurance certificate in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
An important part of this process is to make sure you enter similar coverage information on each price quote and and to look at as many carriers as you can. This helps ensure a level playing field and many rates to choose from.
It’s safe to conclude that auto insurance companies don’t want their policyholders to compare prices. Drivers who compare other rates are highly likely to move their business because they stand a good chance of finding a lower-cost company. A recent auto insurance study revealed that consumers who compared price quotes annually saved over $865 a year compared to drivers who never compared other company’s rates.
If finding the cheapest price for car insurance is your ultimate objective, then knowing how to compare coverage rates can help make the process easier and more efficient.
If you’re already insured or want to find a cheaper company, use these tips to save money without sacrificing coverage. Locating the best rates in Lincoln is really quite simple as long as you have a good starting point. Vehicle owners only need an understanding of the tricks to shop their coverage around over the internet.
Finding more affordable Lincoln auto insurance rates is actually easier than you may think. The only thing you need to do is spend a few minutes on the computer comparing rates online from several insurance companies.
Comparing price quotes online is fast and free, and it makes it obsolete to spend your day driving to all the different Lincoln insurance agencies. The ability to quote Ford Shelby GT350 insurance online has reduced the need for local agents unless you have a complicated situation and need the trained advice only provided by licensed Lincoln agents. However, consumers can get the lowest quotes online but buy from a local insurance agent.
The car insurance companies shown below are ready to provide price quotes in Nebraska. To get cheap car insurance in Lincoln, NE, we recommend you click on several of them to get the most competitive price.
Why auto insurance is not optional
Despite the fact that auto insurance is not cheap in Lincoln, paying for auto insurance serves an important purpose.
- Just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific minimum amounts of liability coverage in order to drive the car. In Nebraska these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Ford has a loan, it’s most likely the lender will require you to have insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank will be required to insure your Ford for a lot more money and require you to reimburse them the higher price.
- Insurance protects both your Ford Shelby GT350 and your assets. It will also reimburse you for many types of medical costs that are the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay for a defense attorney if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your Ford gets damaged, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of having auto insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. According to a recent study, the average American driver is overpaying more than $850 per year so shop around at every renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Companies offer many types of discounts on Ford Shelby GT350 insurance in Lincoln
Some insurers don’t always advertise every discount very clearly, so the following list contains some of the best known and also the more inconspicuous discounts that you may qualify for.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Forcing all vehicle occupants to wear their seat belts may be able to save a few bucks off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Theft Deterrent System – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are less likely to be stolen and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Lincoln Homeowners Pay Less – Just being a homeowner can save a few bucks because it demonstrates responsibility.
- Professional Organizations – Having an affiliation with a professional or civic organization could earn you a nice discount on your policy.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Not all companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a discounted price on car insurance if you buy a life policy as well.
- First Accident Forgiveness – Not necessarily a discount, but a few companies such as Allstate, State Farm and GEICO may permit one accident without getting socked with a rate hike so long as you are claim-free prior to the accident.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying coverage for primary and secondary vehicles on one policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Active Service Discounts – Being on active duty in the military may lower your rates slightly.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers – Safe drivers may receive a discount up to 45% than drivers with accidents.
Policy discounts save money, but most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. So even though it sounds like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it’s just not the way it works.
A few of the larger companies and some of the discounts are shown below.
- State Farm may have discounts that include safe vehicle, accident-free, anti-theft, student away at school, good driver, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- Farmers Insurance discounts include multi-car, electronic funds transfer, good student, mature driver, and pay in full.
- GEICO offers discounts including emergency military deployment, driver training, federal employee, air bags, defensive driver, seat belt use, and daytime running lights.
- American Family has discounts for accident-free, multi-vehicle, Steer into Savings, bundled insurance, good student, and air bags.
- Nationwide policyholders can earn discounts including easy pay, accident-free, defensive driving, good student, anti-theft, and Farm Bureau membership.
- Progressive may offer discounts for online quote discount, homeowner, continuous coverage, good student, and multi-policy.
When quoting, ask all companies you are considering which discounts you may be entitled to. Some discounts listed above might not be offered in every state. To locate auto insurance companies with the best discounts in Nebraska, click this link.
Do I need special coverages?
When it comes to the right insurance coverage, there really is no best way to insure your cars. Every situation is different and your policy should reflect that.
For example, these questions may help you determine if your situation might need professional guidance.
- What is an adequate liability insurance limit?
- How can I get the company to pay a claim?
- Is a fancy paint job covered?
- Should I have combined single limit or split liability limits?
- Are my friends covered when driving my car?
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my Ford Shelby GT350 is totaled?
- Do I need higher collision deductibles?
- Which companies are cheaper for teen drivers?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.