Wish you could get out of an overpriced insurance policy? Don’t feel bad because you’re not the only one.
It’s easy to assume that car insurance companies want to keep you from comparing rates. People who shop around for cheaper price quotes are inclined to switch companies because there is a good chance of finding a policy with better rates. A recent survey found that consumers who routinely compared quotes saved $3,500 over four years compared to policyholders who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding discount rates on auto insurance in Lincoln is why you’re reading this, then understanding how to shop for auto insurance can save time, money, and frustration.
Steps to finding low-cost rates for Honda Odyssey insurance in Lincoln
It takes a little time, but the best way to get the cheapest car insurance rates in Lincoln is to compare quotes once a year from insurers who sell insurance in Nebraska.
Step 1: Try to understand how your policy works and the steps you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that drive up the price such as careless driving and poor credit history can be amended by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. Keep reading for the details to help keep rates affordable and find missing discounts.
Step 2: Request rate estimates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes from multiple sources.
Step 3: Compare the quotes to your current policy premium and determine if there is any savings. If you find better rates and make a switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
One tip to remember is to make sure you enter similar deductibles and liability limits on each quote and and to get rate quotes from as many different companies as possible. This ensures a level playing field and a complete price analysis.
Numerous insurers battle for your hard-earned dollar, so it’s not easy to compare every company and uncover the absolute best rates possible on Honda Odyssey insurance in Lincoln.
Consumers should take time to get comparison quotes before your policy renews because prices change quite often. Even if you got the best quotes on Honda Odyssey insurance in Lincoln at your last renewal you can probably find a lower rate today. Ignore everything you know about insurance because you’re about to learn the best way to buy cheaper Honda Odyssey insurance in Lincoln.
The majority of larger companies like State Farm, Allstate and GEICO provide prices for coverage direct online. Getting Honda Odyssey insurance prices online is quite simple as you simply type in the coverage amounts you desire into the form. Behind the scenes, their system gets reports for credit and driving violations and quotes a price determined by many factors. Quoting online for Honda Odyssey insurance in Lincoln streamlines rate comparisons, and it is imperative to get many rate quotes if you are searching for affordable prices.
To compare pricing, compare rates from the companies below. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you enter the coverage information exactly as they are listed on your policy. This guarantees you will be getting a fair comparison based on similar coverages.
The following companies have been selected to offer price comparisons in Lincoln, NE. In order to find cheap auto insurance in Lincoln, we recommend you visit several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
It may be expensive, but it’s not optional
Even though it can be expensive, insurance is required in Nebraska but also provides important benefits.
- Almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to carry a specific level of liability protection if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Nebraska these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Honda, most lenders will force you to have comprehensive coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If the policy lapses, the bank will be required to insure your Honda at a more expensive rate and require you to pay the higher price.
- Auto insurance protects both your Honda Odyssey and your personal assets. Insurance will pay for hospital and medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay to defend you if you are sued as the result of an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of having auto insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially for larger claims. On average, a vehicle owner in Lincoln overpays as much as $810 a year so it’s important to compare rates at every renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Honda Odyssey insurance statistics and information
The price information displayed below highlights different insurance policy prices for Honda Odyssey models. Having a good grasp of how insurance prices are formulated is important for you to make decisions on the best policy to buy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Odyssey EX W/Rear Entertainment||$174||$402||$338||$20||$102||$1,036||$86|
|Odyssey EX-L W/Rear Entertainment||$200||$474||$338||$20||$102||$1,134||$95|
|Odyssey EX-L W/Navigation||$200||$474||$338||$20||$102||$1,134||$95|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Nebraska minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Rate information does not factor in vehicle garaging location which can affect premiums considerably.
The diagram below demonstrates how choosing different deductibles and can change Honda Odyssey insurance costs for different age groups of insureds. Data assumes a single female driver, full coverage, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Impact of citations and accidents on insurance rates
The diagram below shows how violations and at-fault accidents can drive up Honda Odyssey yearly insurance costs for each age group. The rate quotes are based on a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Save a ton on Honda Odyssey insurance in Lincoln with these insurance discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always publicize every policy discount in a way that’s easy to find, so we break down some of the best known in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts that you may qualify for.
- Early Switch Discount – Some insurance companies provide a discount for signing up before your current Odyssey insurance policy expires. This discount can save up to 10%.
- No Claim Discounts – Lincoln drivers who stay claim-free have much lower rates in comparison with drivers who are more careless.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are less likely to be stolen and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Federal Government Employee – Having worked for a branch of the government can save as much as 8% with a few insurance companies.
- Full Payment Discount – If you pay your bill all at once rather than spreading payments over time you may reduce your total bill.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Cars equipped with ABS or steering control are safer to drive and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
One last thing about discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the whole policy. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like adding up those discounts means a free policy, it doesn’t quite work that way. Any qualifying discounts will definitely lower the cost of your policy.
The illustration below shows the comparison of Honda Odyssey car insurance rates with and without some available policy discounts. The rates are based on a male driver, no accidents, no driving violations, Nebraska state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, multi-car, multi-policy, homeowner, claim-free, and safe-driver discounts applied.
A partial list of companies that possibly offer these discounts may include but are not limited to:
If you need cheaper Lincoln car insurance quotes, ask each company which discounts can lower your rates. A few discounts may not apply in every state. To view companies with significant discounts in Nebraska, click here to view.
Best car insurance in Lincoln
Finding a highly-rated insurance company can be rather challenging considering how many different companies insure vehicles in Nebraska. The company ratings shown next can help you decide which car insurance providers you want to consider purchasing from.
Top 10 Lincoln Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- State Farm
- Safeco Insurance
- 21st Century
Top 10 Lincoln Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- Liberty Mutual
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- The General