Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that a large majority of car insurance policyholders kept their coverage with the same car insurance company for four years or more, and nearly half have never even compared rates from other companies. Many drivers in Nebraska could save $388 a year by just shopping around, but they don’t believe how much they could save if they replace their high priced policy.
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to get cheaper auto insurance rates in Lincoln is to start doing an annual price comparison from different companies that insure vehicles in Nebraska. You can shop around by following these guidelines.
- First, try to learn about how insurance works and the steps you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that cause rate increases like tickets, at-fault accidents, and poor credit history can be remedied by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Continue reading for more information to get better rates and find discounts that you may qualify for.
- Second, quote rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide rate quotes from multiple sources. Compare rates
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Fourth, tell your current company of your decision to cancel your current coverage and submit the required down payment along with the signed application for the new coverage. Be sure to put the new proof of insurance paperwork somewhere easily accessible.
One bit of advice is to make sure you enter identical deductibles and limits on every quote request and and to look at as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this enables a level playing field and a good representation of prices.
Five Tips to Get Lower-cost Lincoln Insurance Prices
A large part of saving on insurance is knowing a few of the rating criteria that go into determining your policy premiums. If you have some idea of what determines premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that could result in cheaper rates. Many things are considered when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are obvious like a motor vehicle report, but other factors are not quite as obvious such as your credit history and annual miles driven.
Lower stress equals lower prices – Do you work in a high-stress field? Occupational choices like fire fighters, airline pilots, and medical professionals tend to pay the highest rates attributed to high stress levels and lots of time spent away from family. On the other hand, occupations such as actors, historians and retirees generally pay rates lower than average.
Gender and insurance premiums – Statistics demonstrate that females tend to be a little less risky than males. However, this does not mean men are worse drivers. Males and females are responsible for auto accidents in similar percentages, but guys tend to have higher claims. Men also have more aggressive citations like DUI and reckless driving.
Responsible drivers pay better costs – Good drivers pay less for auto insurance than people who have multiple driving citations. Having just one speeding ticket or other violation may cause rates to rise by twenty percent. Drivers with serious violations such as DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding may need to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state’s department of motor vehicles in order to prevent a license revocation.
Your car’s features help determine insurance rates – Choosing a vehicle that has an advanced theft prevention system can save you some money. Advanced theft deterrents like LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system can thwart auto theft.
Your spouse saves you money – Getting married can get you a discount on insurance. It usually means you are more mature than a single person and insurance companies like that married couples file fewer claims.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Nebraska. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you get prices from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Why you need auto insurance
Even though it can be expensive, maintaining insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Nebraska these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your vehicle, almost all lenders will stipulate that you carry insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the lender will be forced to insure your Kia at an extremely high rate and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Auto insurance preserves not only your car but also your financial assets. It will also cover many types of medical costs that are the result of an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay attorney fees if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of buying auto insurance more than offset the price you pay, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is wasting up to $850 per year so compare quotes from several companies each time the policy renews to ensure rates are inline.
Get cheaper Kia Stinger insurance in Lincoln with discounts
Car insurance can be pricey, but companies offer discounts to help offset the cost. Some trigger automatically at the time of quoting, but less common discounts must be asked about prior to receiving the credit.
- College Student – Any of your kids who are enrolled in higher education away from home and leave their car at home may be able to be covered for less.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers – Insureds without accidents can pay as much as 50% less than their less cautious counterparts.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Drivers who require all occupants to fasten their seat belts could save 15% off the personal injury premium cost.
- Defensive Driver – Successfully completing a course that instructs on driving safety may get you a small discount if your company offers it.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags or automatic seat belts can receive discounts of 25 to 30%.
- Claim Free – Drivers with accident-free driving histories can earn big discounts in comparison with insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Driver’s Ed – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them successfully take a driver’s education course as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Drivers who insure multiple cars on one policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Auto/Life Discount – If the company offers life insurance, you could get a lower premium rate if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Organization Discounts – Being in certain professional organizations could earn you a nice discount on your policy.
A quick disclaimer, some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Despite the fact that it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, it doesn’t quite work that way.
Large car insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are outlined below.
- GEICO discounts include driver training, federal employee, seat belt use, daytime running lights, air bags, multi-vehicle, and anti-theft.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers premium reductions for safe vehicle, multi-policy, good student, student away at school, and multiple vehicles.
- American Family offers discounts for bundled insurance, good driver, accident-free, good student, multi-vehicle, and mySafetyValet.
- Esurance may have discounts that include multi-policy, claim free, good driver, defensive driver, DriveSense, safety device, and emergency road assistance.
- Progressive may include discounts for continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, good student, online signing, homeowner, online quote discount, and multi-policy.
- State Farm has savings for accident-free, driver’s education, anti-theft, multiple policy, defensive driving training, multiple autos, and safe vehicle.
- AAA policyholders can earn discounts including anti-theft, pay-in-full, AAA membership discount, good student, good driver, education and occupation, and multi-car.
Before buying, ask all the companies to give you their best rates. Savings might not be available to policyholders in every state. To view companies who offer online Kia Stinger insurance quotes in Nebraska, click here to view.
Compare rate quotes but still have a local Lincoln insurance agent
A lot of people prefer to sit down with an agent and that can be a smart move Most agents can help you choose the best coverages and will help you if you have claims. One of the best bonuses of comparing insurance online is you can get the best rates and still buy from a local agent. Putting coverage with small agencies is still important in Lincoln.
Upon completion of this simple form, your insurance coverage information gets sent to local insurance agents in Lincoln that provide free Lincoln auto insurance quotes for your coverage. There is no reason to search for an agent since price quotes are sent to your email. If you wish to get a rate quote from a particular provider, don’t hesitate to search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
If you are searching for a reliable agent, you must know there are a couple different agency structures from which to choose. Insurance policy providers are classified as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Both types can properly insure your vehicles, but it’s important to know why they differ since it may influence the type of agent you choose.
Independent Insurance Agents
These agents are not restricted to one company so they have the ability to put coverage with lots of companies and find you cheaper rates. If they quote lower rates, your agent can switch companies which is easy for the insured. When comparing insurance rates, you absolutely need to check rates from at a minimum one independent agency so that you can do a thorough price comparison. Most also write with additional companies that you may not be familiar with which could offer lower prices.
Featured below is a list of independent agents in Lincoln that may be able to provide cheap rate quotes.
- MIAA – Midwest Insurance Agency Alliance
6120 Havelock Ave – Lincoln, NE 68507 – (402) 467-5355 – View Map
- Zimmer Insurance Group
3230 S 13th St – Lincoln, NE 68502 – (402) 423-6262 – View Map
- Midwest Insurance Group
4333 S 48th St – Lincoln, NE 68516 – (402) 489-9595 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These agents can only place business with one company and some examples include State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. They generally cannot compare rates from other companies so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents are well schooled on sales techniques and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Some insured continue to buy from exclusive agents mostly because of high brand loyalty and strong financial ratings.
The following is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Lincoln that are able to give price quote information.
- Roger McGinnis – State Farm Insurance Agent
6900 O St #105 – Lincoln, NE 68510 – (402) 466-6300 – View Map
- American Family Insurance – Tim Stewart Agency Inc.
5625 O St Ste 105 – Lincoln, NE 68510 – (402) 489-6211 – View Map
- Gale Breed – State Farm Insurance Agent
8421 Amber Hill Ct #1 – Lincoln, NE 68526 – (402) 483-2802 – View Map
Picking an auto insurance agent should include more criteria than just a cheap price. These questions are important to ask:
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
Ratings for Lincoln car insurance companies
Picking the right car insurance company is difficult considering how many choices drivers have in Lincoln. The company information displayed below could help you decide which car insurance providers to look at when comparing rate quotes.
Top 10 Lincoln Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- Liberty Mutual
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- The General
Top 10 Lincoln Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- State Farm
- Safeco Insurance
- 21st Century
You may need specialized auto insurance coverage
When buying the best auto insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a perfect coverage plan. Your needs are unique to you and your auto insurance should be unique as well.
For instance, these questions can aid in determining whether you might need professional guidance.
- Am I covered if I hit a deer?
- Are rock chip repairs covered?
- Who sells insurance for high-risk drivers?
- What if an uninsured driver hits me?
- What can I do if my company denied a claim?
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
- Will damage be repaired with OEM parts?
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
- How much liability insurance is required?
If you can’t answer these questions, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It only takes a few minutes and can provide invaluable advice.
Lower rates by being persistent
In this article, we covered some good ideas how you can reduce Kia Stinger insurance car insurance rates online in Lincoln. It’s most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the higher your chance of finding affordable Kia Stinger insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the lowest car insurance rates come from some of the smallest insurance companies. They may have significantly lower premium rates on certain market segments than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
When you buy Lincoln auto insurance online, never buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are a lot of situations where consumers will sacrifice comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to find out that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at a price you can afford.
More tips and info about auto insurance can be found by following these links:
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Seniors in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Police Officers in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes with Multiple Speeding Tickets in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers Over Age 70 in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a School Permit in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)
- Rearview cameras reduce backing crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)