If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to get low-cost car insurance rates is to start comparing prices regularly from companies who provide car insurance in Lincoln. Drivers can shop around by completing these steps.
- First, try to comprehend the different coverages in a policy and the things you can control to keep rates down. Many risk factors that increase rates like speeding tickets, careless driving and a negative credit rating can be amended by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Keep reading for the details to find cheap rates and find more discounts that you may not know about.
- Second, obtain price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can quote prices from many different companies. Begin your rate comparison
- Third, compare the new rates to the price on your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you can save money, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
One important bit of advice is that you use identical limits and deductibles on each quote and and to get rate quotes from as many carriers as you can. This provides a level playing field and a complete price analysis.
It’s an obvious assumption that auto insurance companies don’t want you to look at other companies. Insureds who compare rates at least once a year will, in all likelihood, switch auto insurance companies because they have good chances of finding a lower-priced policy. A study showed that consumers who compared price quotes annually saved $3,450 over four years compared to policyholders who never compared rates.
If finding budget-friendly insurance in Lincoln is your ultimate target, then having a grasp of how to get rate quotes and compare coverages can make it simple to find affordable coverage.
The best way we recommend to compare car insurance rates for Lincoln Mark LT insurance in Lincoln is to realize most of the larger companies have advanced systems to provide you with a free rate quote. The only thing you need to do is give them some information such as if you are currently licensed, if you’re married, deductibles desired, and what your job is. Your rating data is instantly submitted to many highly-rated insurers and they return cost estimate almost instantly.
To compare lower-cost Lincoln Mark LT insurance rates now, click here and enter the information requested.
The companies in the list below are ready to provide free rate quotes in Nebraska. To buy the best cheap car insurance in Lincoln, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to find the most affordable car insurance rates.
Insuring your Lincoln Mark LT just makes sense
Even though it can be expensive, maintaining insurance is required by state law in Nebraska and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific limits of liability coverage if you want to drive legally. In Nebraska these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Lincoln Mark LT has a lienholder, it’s guaranteed your bank will require you to buy full coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may buy a policy for your Lincoln at a much higher premium rate and force you to reimburse them for it.
- Car insurance protects your Lincoln and your assets. It also can pay for many types of medical costs that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance will also pay for a defense attorney if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your Lincoln gets damaged, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of buying car insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially with large liability claims. But the average American driver is wasting up to $750 every year so we recommend shopping around each time the policy renews to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always list every discount in an easy-to-find place, so the below list has a few of the more well known as well as the least known discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Lincoln auto insurance online. If you are not receiving all the discounts you qualify for, you are just wasting money.
- Accident Forgiveness – Not really a discount, but some insurance companies will let one accident slide before hitting you with a surcharge if you are claim-free prior to being involved in the accident.
- Multiple Cars – Buying a policy with several vehicles with the same company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Defensive Driving Course – Taking time to complete a course that instructs on driving safety may get you a small discount if your company offers it.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers who avoid accidents could pay up to 40% less than drivers with accidents.
- 55 and Retired – Drivers over the age of 55 could receive lower premium rates.
- Claim-Free Discount – Lincoln drivers who stay claim-free pay less compared to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Active Military Service – Being deployed in the military can result in better auto insurance rates.
Drivers should understand that most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. A few only apply to individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. Just because you may think you could get a free auto insurance policy, it’s just not the way it works.
The best auto insurance companies and a selection of discounts include:
- 21st Century discounts include anti-lock brakes, student driver, driver training, theft prevention, good student, and 55 and older.
- State Farm may have discounts that include passive restraint, defensive driving training, safe vehicle, multiple policy, and Drive Safe & Save.
- AAA has discounts for anti-theft, AAA membership discount, pay-in-full, good driver, education and occupation, and good student.
- Liberty Mutual includes discounts for teen driver discount, newly married, hybrid vehicle, good student, exclusive group savings, new graduate, and new vehicle discount.
- Progressive may include discounts for online signing, good student, continuous coverage, online quote discount, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and homeowner.
Before you buy a policy, ask every company to give you their best rates. Discounts may not apply to policies in your area. To see companies that offer multiple discounts in Lincoln, click this link.
Get rate quotes but buy from a local Lincoln insurance agency
Many people still like to go talk to an agent and we recommend doing that Professional insurance agents are trained risk managers and help submit paperwork. A nice benefit of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get cheap car insurance rates and still have an agent to talk to. Buying from and supporting local insurance agencies is especially important in Lincoln.
After filling out this quick form, the coverage information is submitted to agents in your area who can give free rate quotes for your coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to find an agent on your own because prices are sent to you instantly. If you have a need to get a price quote for a specific company, just find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
Insurance agent types
If you are wanting to find a local Lincoln insurance agency, you must know there are a couple different types of agencies from which to choose. Agents in Lincoln can be described as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Either type can provide car insurance policies, but it’s worth mentioning the differences because it can impact which type of agent you select.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent insurance agents are not required to write business for one company so they can quote policies with lots of companies and find you cheaper rates. If they find a lower price, your agent can switch companies and that require little work on your part.
When comparison shopping, you definitely need to compare prices from at a minimum one independent agency so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Most also write with additional companies that you may not be familiar with which can be an advantage.
The following are independent insurance agents in Lincoln who may be able to give you rate quotes.
- Ogden Insurance Agency, Inc.
8531 Lexington Ave #102a – Lincoln, NE 68505 – (402) 466-5655 – View Map
- Stuchlik and Associates Insurance
130 Cherry Hill Blvd – Lincoln, NE 68510 – (402) 489-8990 – View Map
- Forsyth Insurance Agency
1265 S Cotner Blvd #21 – Lincoln, NE 68510 – (402) 483-7861 – View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel are contracted to one company like State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. These agents are not able to shop your coverage around so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agencies are very knowledgeable on sales techniques which aids in selling service over price. Some consumers prefer to buy from the same agent for years primarily because of the prominent brand name and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
The following is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Lincoln willing to provide rate quotes.
- Roger McGinnis – State Farm Insurance Agent
6900 O St #105 – Lincoln, NE 68510 – (402) 466-6300 – View Map
- Gale Breed – State Farm Insurance Agent
8421 Amber Hill Ct #1 – Lincoln, NE 68526 – (402) 483-2802 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Earnest and Associates, Inc
4221 O St – Lincoln, NE 68510 – (402) 488-0955 – View Map
Choosing a auto insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just the bottom line cost. Any agent in Lincoln should have no problem answering these questions:
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
If you receive answers to your satisfaction to any questions you have and locked in a price quote, you may have found an insurance agent that is professional and can adequately provide car insurance.
Smart consumers save more
People leave their current company for a number of reasons such as denial of a claim, policy cancellation, an unsatisfactory settlement offer or poor customer service. No matter why you want to switch, switching companies is actually quite simple.
When shopping online for auto insurance, you should never buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are many occasions where someone dropped liability limits or collision coverage and discovered at claim time that it was a big mistake. The goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best possible price and still be able to protect your assets.
Cheap Lincoln Mark LT insurance in Lincoln can be purchased both online in addition to local insurance agencies, so you need to quote Lincoln auto insurance with both to have the best rate selection. Some auto insurance companies may not offer the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these small insurance companies prefer to sell through independent agencies.
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)
- Who Has Affordable Lincoln Auto Insurance Rates for a Jeep Grand Cherokee? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Lincoln Car Insurance Rates for State Employees? (FAQ)
- How Much are Lincoln Auto Insurance Quotes for Good Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Lincoln Auto Insurance Rates for a Learners Permit? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a School Permit in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Institute)
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)