Volkswagen Jetta insurance rates image courtesy of QuoteInspector.com
Want to learn the secrets to finding the cheapest car insurance rates in Lincoln, NE? Lincoln consumers have lots of choices when looking for the best price on Volkswagen Jetta insurance. You can either waste hours contacting agents getting price quotes or save time using the internet to make rate comparisons. There are both good and bad ways to shop for car insurance so you're going to learn the quickest way to compare rates for a new or used Volkswagen and locate the cheapest rates either online or from Lincoln insurance agents.
Consumers need to compare premium rates as often as possible since insurance prices are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Despite the fact that you may have had the best rates on Volkswagen Jetta insurance in Lincoln a few years ago you will most likely find a better premium rate today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about car insurance because I'm going to let you in on the secrets to the only way to properly buy coverages while reducing your premium.
Finding affordable auto insurance coverage in Lincoln is easy if you know what you're doing. If you currently have a car insurance policy, you should be able to lower your rates using this information. Vehicle owners just have to know the most effective way to compare rate quotes from many different companies online.
Do you qualify for these nine discounts?
Some providers don't necessarily list the complete list of policy discounts very well, so the list below contains some of the more common as well as some of the hidden credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Lower Rates for Military - Having a deployed family member could mean lower premium rates.
- Braking Control Discount - Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have anti-lock braking systems prevent accidents and will save you 10% or more on Jetta insurance in Lincoln.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts - Having multiple vehicles on the same insurance policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Buy New and Save - Buying a new car model is cheaper due to better safety requirements for newer vehicles.
- One Accident Forgiven - This one isn't a discount, but a few companies such as GEICO and Liberty Mutual will forgive one accident before they charge you more for coverage if your claims history is clear for a certain period of time.
- Paperless Signup - Some of the larger companies will give a small break get Lincoln car insurance on the web.
- Memberships - Being in a qualifying organization may earn a discount on insurance.
- Use Seat Belts - Buckling up and requiring all passengers to buckle up before driving can save a little off the medical payments premium.
- Drive Safe and Save - Drivers who avoid accidents may receive a discount up to 45% than less cautious drivers.
As a footnote on discounts, many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So when it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, insurance companies wouldn't stay in business.
The information below shows the comparison of Volkswagen Jetta annual premium costs with and without discounts applied. The rate quotes are based on a male driver, no violations or accidents, Nebraska state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, multi-car, multi-policy, marriage, homeowner, and safe-driver discounts applied.
To see a list of providers that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Nebraska, click here.
Cutting your insurance rates is surprisingly easy. Consumers just need to take time comparing rates from some recommended companies.
The following companies have been selected to offer free rate quotes in Nebraska. If you wish to find cheap car insurance in Lincoln, NE, it's a good idea that you visit two to three different companies to get the cheapest price.
Facts and figures for Volkswagen Jetta insurance
The table displayed below covers detailed analysis of insurance policy prices for Volkswagen Jetta models. Learning as much as possible about how insurance quotes are figured can assist in making smart choices when selecting a policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Jetta S 4-Dr Sedan||$188||$314||$300||$18||$90||$910||$76|
|Jetta S 2.5 Station Wagon||$188||$314||$254||$16||$76||$848||$71|
|Jetta LE 4-Dr Sedan||$188||$314||$300||$18||$90||$910||$76|
|Jetta SE 4-Dr Sedan||$212||$370||$300||$18||$90||$990||$83|
|Jetta SE 2.5 Station Wagon||$212||$370||$254||$16||$76||$928||$77|
|Jetta 2.0T 4-Dr Sedan||$212||$370||$300||$18||$90||$990||$83|
|Jetta SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$212||$370||$300||$18||$90||$990||$83|
|Jetta 2.0T Station Wagon||$212||$370||$254||$16||$76||$928||$77|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Nebraska minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, claim-free, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Rates do not factor in zip code location which can raise or lower premium rates substantially.
The illustration below highlights how deductible choice and can change Volkswagen Jetta insurance prices for each different age group. The premium estimates are based on a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
How accidents and tickets impact rates
The information below shows how traffic citations and at-fault accidents can drive up Volkswagen Jetta insurance prices for different age groups. The rate quotes are based on a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Does it make sense to buy full coverage?
The illustration below shows the difference between Volkswagen Jetta insurance prices when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The rate quotes are based on no accidents, no driving violations, $250 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
When to drop full coverage
There is no clear-cut formula to drop physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a broad guideline. If the annual cost of coverage is more than 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let's assume your Volkswagen Jetta claim settlement value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most your company will settle for is $3,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If you are currently paying more than $300 annually for physical damage coverage, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
There are a few situations where dropping full coverage is not recommended. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you have to maintain full coverage in order to keep the loan. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not drop full coverage.
Don't assume everyone needs the same insurance coverage
When it comes to choosing your policy for your vehicles, there really is not a "perfect" insurance plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else's and a cookie cutter policy won't apply. For instance, these questions may help you determine whether your personal situation might need professional guidance.
- Do I need replacement cost coverage on my Volkswagen Jetta?
- Do I have newly-acquired coverage?
- Is my state a no-fault state?
- Should I buy full coverage?
- Is my son or daughter covered when driving my car?
- What is the ISO rating for a Volkswagen Jetta?
- Can I afford to pay high deductible claims out of pocket?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It's fast, doesn't cost anything and may give you better protection.
Auto insurance quotes from local neighborhood Lincoln car insurance agents
Many people still like to talk to a local agent and that can be a great decision Most agents can help you build your policy and give you someone to call. One of the benefits of comparing rates online is you can get cheap rate quotes and still buy from a local agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is sent to agents in your area who will give you quotes to get your business. It's much easier because you don't need to find an agent since price quotes are sent to you. If for some reason you want to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, feel free to go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Selecting an insurance company is decision based upon more than just a cheap price quote. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Can you contact them at any time?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
When finding a local agent, you need to know there are two types of insurance agents and how they can write your policy. Agents are either exclusive or independent. Either can write auto insurance policies, but it's important to know the differences because it can impact your agent selection.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel are contracted to one company such as Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot compare rates from other companies so they really need to provide good service. These agents are highly trained on their products and sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage. Some people will only use the same exclusive agent mostly because of high brand loyalty rather than low price.
The following are exclusive insurance agents in Lincoln who can help you get price quote information.
- Allstate Insurance: Earnest and Associates, Inc
4221 O St - Lincoln, NE 68510 - (402) 488-0955 - View Map
- Farmers Insurance - Ken Richards
3100 O St #3 - Lincoln, NE 68510 - (402) 420-5355 - View Map
- American Family Insurance - Douglas Kruce
5730 R St Ste D - Lincoln, NE 68505 - (402) 423-1224 - View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
These type of agents are not locked into one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies through lots of different companies and find you cheaper rates. If your agent finds better pricing, your agent can switch companies which requires no work on your part. When comparing rate quotes, we recommend you get insurance quotes from multiple independent agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison. Most also have access to companies you've never heard of that may provide cheaper auto insurance rates.
The following are Lincoln independent agents who can help you get price quotes.
- Copple Insurance Agency, Inc.
1640 L St - Lincoln, NE 68508 - (402) 475-3213 - View Map
- Midwest Insurance Group
4333 S 48th St - Lincoln, NE 68516 - (402) 489-9595 - View Map
- Gary Thompson Agency, Inc.
4200 Lucile Dr a200 - Lincoln, NE 68506 - (402) 475-2609 - View Map
Insurance is not optional
Despite the high cost, insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Nebraska these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Jetta with a loan, most banks will force you to have insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may buy a policy for your Volkswagen at an extremely high rate and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards not only your Volkswagen but also your assets. It will also pay for many types of medical costs for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay for a defense attorney in the event you are sued. If you have damage to your Volkswagen as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of having insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially if you ever need it. On average, a vehicle owner in Lincoln is currently overpaying as much as $825 a year so you should quote your policy with other companies once a year at a minimum to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Car insurance 101
Understanding the coverages of your policy can be of help when determining appropriate coverage at the best deductibles and correct limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be ambiguous and reading a policy is terribly boring. Below you'll find the normal coverages offered by insurance companies.
Coverage for collisions
This pays for damage to your Jetta resulting from colliding with another car or object. You first must pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage pays for things such as scraping a guard rail, colliding with a tree and sideswiping another vehicle. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so you might think about dropping it from lower value vehicles. Drivers also have the option to increase the deductible on your Jetta to save money on collision insurance.
Comprehensive auto coverage
This coverage will pay to fix damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first must pay your deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims such as damage from flooding, hitting a bird and rock chips in glass. The most you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much it's not worth carrying full coverage.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage provides protection from other drivers when they do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered claims include medical payments for you and your occupants and also any damage incurred to your Volkswagen Jetta.
Since many Nebraska drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (which is 25/50/25), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages should not be overlooked.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP pay for expenses such as surgery, doctor visits, rehabilitation expenses and funeral costs. They are used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. Coverage applies to you and your occupants in addition to if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Auto liability insurance
Liability insurance can cover damages or injuries you inflict on other's property or people by causing an accident. This insurance protects YOU against claims from other people, and doesn't cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You might see liability limits of 25/50/25 that means you have a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage protects against claims such as legal defense fees, repair costs for stationary objects and bail bonds. How much liability coverage do you need? That is up to you, but it's cheap coverage so purchase higher limits if possible. Nebraska state minimum liability requirements are 25/50/25 but drivers should carry better liability coverage.
The chart below demonstrates why low liability limits may not be high enough to adequately cover claims.
Quote more to save more
Affordable Volkswagen Jetta insurance in Lincoln is definitely available from both online companies as well as from independent agents in Lincoln, so you should compare both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. There are still a few companies who may not provide rate quotes online and usually these smaller companies sell through independent agencies.
Throughout this article, we presented quite a bit of information on how to save on Volkswagen Jetta insurance in Lincoln. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the higher your chance of finding inexpensive Lincoln car insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the lowest rates are with a lesser-known regional company. Some small companies may only write in your state and offer lower auto insurance rates compared to the large companies like State Farm or Progressive.
When trying to cut insurance costs, make sure you don't reduce needed coverages to save money. There have been many cases where someone dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits and discovered at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. The ultimate goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Steps to saving on Volkswagen Jetta insurance in Lincoln
Truthfully, the best way to find lower priced Volkswagen Jetta insurance in Lincoln is to regularly compare prices from providers in Nebraska. This can be done by following these guidelines.
- Gain an understanding of individual coverages and the things you can change to drop your rates. Many risk factors that are responsible for high rates like traffic violations, accidents, and a poor credit rating can be amended by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can quote prices for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the new rates to your existing policy to see if a cheaper rate is available in Lincoln. If you can save some money and make a switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Notify your agent or company of your intention to cancel your current policy and submit a completed policy application and payment to the new company. As soon as you can, store the certificate of insurance in an accessible location in your vehicle.
An important bit of advice to remember is to use similar limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to look at as many companies as feasibly possible. This enables a fair price comparison and a thorough price selection.
- Pickups fall short in headlight tests (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford Focus in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- How Much are Lincoln Car Insurance Quotes for Handicapped Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Lincoln Auto Insurance Rates for Electric Cars? (FAQ)
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)