Anyone knows that auto insurance companies don’t want their policyholders to compare prices. Consumers who compare rates annually will most likely switch car insurance companies because there are good odds of finding a more affordable policy premium. A recent study showed that people who made a habit of comparing rate quotes saved on average $865 annually as compared to drivers who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding budget-friendly rates on Mazda CX-5 insurance in Lincoln is your target objective, then having some knowledge of how to choose a company and compare auto insurance can help simplify the task of finding more affordable coverage.
The recommended way to find cheaper prices for Mazda CX-5 insurance in Lincoln is to start doing a yearly price comparison from insurance carriers in Nebraska.
- Read about how car insurance works and the things you can change to prevent high rates. Many rating criteria that cause rate increases like accidents, careless driving, and a less-than-favorable credit score can be rectified by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Continue reading for ideas to keep prices down and find overlooked discounts.
- Compare rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agencies can give you price quotes from many different companies.
- Compare the new rates to your existing policy and see if there is a cheaper rate in Lincoln. If you find a lower rate quote and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Give notification to your agent or company of your decision to cancel the current policy and submit a completed application and payment to your new agent or company. Once received, safely store the certificate verifying coverage in an easily accessible location.
The key thing to remember is that you use similar deductibles and liability limits on each quote request and and to get prices from as many companies as feasibly possible. This guarantees a level playing field and and a good selection of different prices.
Comparing rates for cheaper protection in Lincoln is simple if you know the tricks. In essence, every person who is shopping for car insurance will most likely be able to find better rates. Although Nebraska vehicle owners do need to know how insurance companies compete online because it can help you find the best coverage.
Four Tips to Get More Affordable Lincoln Insurance Rates
Lots of things are used when pricing auto insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious such as traffic violations, but other factors are not quite as obvious such as whether you are married or your vehicle rating. When buying car insurance it’s important to understand the different types of things that play a part in calculating your premiums. If you have a feel for what determines premiums, this enables informed choices that can earn you cheaper rates.
Premiums are high for teenagers – Inexperience drivers are proven to be careless and easily distracted when driving therefore car insurance rates are much higher. If you’ve ever had to add a youthful driver to your policy can be quite pricey. Older, more experienced drivers are more cautious drivers, are lower risk to insure, and get fewer tickets.
Improve your credit history and save – An insured’s credit score is a large factor in determining premium rates. So if your credit score could use some work, you could pay less to insure your Mazda CX-5 by repairing your credit. Insureds with very high credit ratings tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims as compared to drivers with lower credit scores.
Job stress can affect rates – Did you know your job can affect your rates? Jobs like military generals, social workers, and medical professionals tend to pay the highest rates due to high stress and long work days. Other occupations like actors, engineers and homemakers receive lower rates.
Gender and insurance premiums – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown that females tend to be a little less risky than males. This data doesn’t prove that men are WORSE drivers than women. Men and women get in accidents at about the same rate, but men tend to have more serious accidents. In addition to higher claims, males also receive more costly citations like reckless driving and DUI.
Insurance loss data for a Mazda CX-5 – Insurance companies factor in insurance loss information when setting premium rates. Vehicles that are shown to have a higher amount or frequency of claims will cost more for specific coverages.
The table below shows the historical loss data for Mazda CX-5 vehicles. For each coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles averaged together is set at 100. Numbers that are below 100 indicate better than average losses, while values that are above 100 indicate more frequent claims or a tendency for claims to be larger.
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Mazda CX-5 4dr 2WD||66||88||85||79||83||76|
|Mazda CX-5 4dr 4WD||71||83||102||79||74||72|
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
When comparing insurance rates, know that getting more free quotes provides better odds of finding a better price.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer quotes in Nebraska. If your goal is to find cheap car insurance in Lincoln, it’s a good idea that you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
Why you need to buy auto insurance
Despite the fact that auto insurance is not cheap in Lincoln, maintaining insurance is mandatory in Nebraska but it also protects more than you think.
- The majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific minimum amount of liability protection in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Nebraska these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your CX-5 with a loan, most banks will require you to carry insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the bank will be required to insure your Mazda at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Auto insurance protects not only your car but also your assets. It will also reimburse you for medical transport and hospital expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay for a defense attorney if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of having auto insurance definitely exceed the cost, particularly for liability claims. But the average American driver is wasting up to $865 each year so we recommend shopping around at least once a year to ensure rates are competitive.
Lincoln insurance discounts
Car insurance companies don’t list their entire list of discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so we researched some of the best known as well as the least known savings tricks you should be using when you buy Lincoln auto insurance online.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Forcing all vehicle occupants to wear their seat belts could save 15% on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Driving less could be rewarded with discounted insurance rates on garaged vehicles.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars that have anti-lock braking systems are much safer to drive so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Renewal Discounts – A few larger companies give discounts for switching to them prior to your current CX-5 insurance policy expiration. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars and trucks that have factory anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers – Drivers without accidents could pay up to 40% less than less cautious drivers.
You can save money using discounts, but most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. Just because it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies wouldn’t make money that way. But all discounts should help lower your overall bill.
A few popular companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts can be read below.
- GEICO may offer discounts for anti-lock brakes, multi-vehicle, military active duty, daytime running lights, anti-theft, defensive driver, and emergency military deployment.
- MetLife has savings for accident-free, claim-free, good student, defensive driver, good driver, and multi-policy.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including good student, multi-policy, homeowner, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, and online signing.
- Travelers offers discounts for home ownership, student away at school, driver training, IntelliDrive, good student, save driver, and multi-car.
- SAFECO offers premium reductions for homeowner, accident prevention training, teen safety rewards, teen safe driver, drive less, and safe driver.
- AAA includes discounts for good driver, pay-in-full, anti-theft, multi-policy, good student, and multi-car.
When getting free Lincoln auto insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to every company what discounts are available to you. Discounts might not be offered in Lincoln. To see insurance companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Lincoln, click this link.
When should I get advice from a local insurance agent?
Some people just want to have an agent’s advice and that is a smart decision One of the benefits of getting free rate quotes online is you can get lower auto insurance rates and still choose a local agent. And supporting local agents is important especially in Lincoln.
Upon completion of this quick form, the coverage information is transmitted to local insurance agents in Lincoln that can give you free Lincoln auto insurance quotes to get your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to visit any agencies since price quotes are sent immediately to your email address. You can get cheaper car insurance rates AND an agent nearby. If you want to get a comparison quote from a specific car insurance provider, just navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
If you would like to find a local Lincoln insurance agency, there are two types of agencies that you can select. Car insurance policy providers are classified as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Independent Car Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
These agents do not write with just one company and that enables them to quote your coverage amongst many companies and find you the best rates. If they quote lower rates, they simply move the coverage in-house without you having to go to a different agency.
If you need cheaper car insurance rates, we recommend you check rates from independent agents to have the most options to choose from.
Shown below are independent insurance agents in Lincoln who may provide price quote information.
Midwest Insurance Group
4333 S 48th St – Lincoln, NE 68516 – (402) 489-9595 – View Map
Agents that choose to be exclusive have only one company to place business with and some examples include AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. They generally cannot give you multiple price quotes so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agencies are trained well on their products and sales techniques and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Lincoln that can give you price quotes.
Selecting an insurance agency is decision based upon more than just the bottom line cost. Get answers to these questions too.
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Lincoln?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
How much can you save?
In this article, we covered a lot of techniques to find lower-cost Mazda CX-5 insurance in Lincoln. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the better chance you’ll have of finding low cost Lincoln auto insurance quotes. You may even find the lowest priced auto insurance comes from some of the lesser-known companies. Regional companies can often provide lower rates in certain areas than their larger competitors like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
Some companies do not offer rates over the internet and these regional insurance providers work with independent insurance agencies. Affordable Mazda CX-5 insurance in Lincoln can be sourced on the web in addition to many Lincoln insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best rate selection.
Much more information about auto insurance in Nebraska can be read on the following sites:
- New vehicle ratings focus on headlights (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Used Cars in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for First-time Drivers in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)