A recent car insurance study revealed that most car insurance customers kept their coverage with the same car insurance company for over three years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never compared rate quotes at all. With the average premium in Nebraska being $1,440, drivers can save up to 30% each year by just shopping around, but they underestimate the benefits if they changed companies.
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to find better pricing on auto insurance rates is to start doing a yearly price comparison from insurance carriers in Lincoln. Drivers can shop around by following these steps.
- First, get an understanding of policy coverages and the modifications you can make to lower rates. Many risk factors that cause rate increases such as traffic tickets, fender benders, and an unacceptable credit history can be improved by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Second, get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can quote rates from multiple companies.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find better rates and switch companies, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, give proper notification to your current agent or company of your intention to cancel your current policy and submit the completed application along with a down payment to the new company. Immediately upon receiving it, safely store the certificate of insurance along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
One key aspect when comparing rates is to compare similar deductibles and liability limits on every price quote and and to compare as many companies as possible. This ensures a fair rate comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
These tips will teach you a little about how car insurance quotes work. If you have a current insurance policy, you will most likely be able to lower your rates using these techniques. Comparison shoppers only need an understanding of the most efficient way to buy insurance on the web.
The companies shown below offer quotes in Nebraska. To locate the best cheap car insurance in Lincoln, NE, we suggest you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Cheaper rates with these seven discounts
Insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but there’s a good chance there are discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically when you get a quote, but a few need to be manually applied before you will receive the discount.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Telematics Data – Drivers that enable driving data submission to study vehicle usage by using a telematic data system like Allstate’s Drivewise might get better premium rates if they are good drivers.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Factory options such as air bags can receive discounts up to 30%.
- Distant College Student Discount – Any of your kids who are enrolled in higher education away from home and leave their car at home may be able to be covered for less.
- Government Employee Discount – Federal government employees may qualify for a discount when you quote Lincoln auto insurance with a few insurance companies.
- Renewal Discounts – Some larger companies reward drivers for buying a policy prior to the expiration date on your current G8 insurance policy. The savings is around 10%.
- Own a Home and Save – Being a homeowner may earn you a small savings due to the fact that maintaining a home shows financial diligence.
You should keep in mind that some credits don’t apply to the entire cost. A few only apply to individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Just because you may think you would end up receiving a 100% discount, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
Popular insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts can be read below.
- Mercury Insurance has discounts for age of vehicle, multi-car, good student, ease of repair, low natural disaster claims, good driver, and annual mileage.
- Farmers Insurance may include discounts for teen driver, alternative fuel, mature driver, electronic funds transfer, good student, multi-car, and distant student.
- Farm Bureau offers premium reductions for multi-policy, renewal discount, driver training, safe driver, 55 and retired, youthful driver, and good student.
- State Farm offers discounts including safe vehicle, Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple policy, good student, good driver, and passive restraint.
- Allstate may have discounts that include teenSMART discount, eSmart discount, early signing, auto/life discount, farm vehicle, EZ pay plan discount, and FullPay discount.
- GEICO discounts include multi-policy, membership and employees, good student, emergency military deployment, seat belt use, and driver training.
Before purchasing a policy, check with each company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some discounts listed above may not apply to policyholders in every state. To see providers who offer free Pontiac G8 insurance quotes in Lincoln, follow this link.
Compare rate quotes but still have a local neighborhood Lincoln car insurance agent
Many people just prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Agents can help you choose the best coverages and help you file claims. One of the best bonuses of getting online price quotes is the fact that you can find cheap rate quotes and still have a local agent. Buying from and supporting local insurance agents is important particularly in Lincoln.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is transmitted to companies in Lincoln that can provide free Lincoln auto insurance quotes for your coverage. You don’t have to visit any agencies since rate quotes are delivered instantly to you. In the event you want to get a rate quote from a specific insurance provider, just visit that company’s website and complete a quote there.
When narrowing the list to find a reputable insurance agent or broker, you need to know there are two different types of agents that you can choose from. Insurance agencies can be classified as either exclusive agents or independent agents. Either one can sell affordable insurance policies, but it’s worth learning the differences because it can influence the kind of agent you use.
Agents of this type do not sell for just one brand and that is an advantage because they can write policies through many different insurance companies and find the cheapest insurance rates. If your agent finds better pricing, they simply move the coverage in-house and you don’t have to find a new agent. If you are comparing rate quotes, we highly recommend that you get some free quotes from at a minimum one independent agency in order to have the best price comparison. They often place coverage with companies that do not advertise much that may provide cheaper insurance rates.
Listed below is a small list of independent agencies in Lincoln who can help you get cheap rate quotes.
- Jeff Munns Agency, Inc.
1617 Normandy Ct #102 – Lincoln, NE 68512 – (402) 436-2140 – View Map
- Mittelstadt Agency LLC
1701 K St – Lincoln, NE 68508 – (402) 434-3990 – View Map
- Midwest Regional Agency
201 S 84th St – Lincoln, NE 68510 – (800) 873-9713 – View Map
Agents that choose to be exclusive normally can only provide a single company’s rates like Farmers Insurance and State Farm. They are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training in insurance sales which can be an advantage. Some insured continue to buy insurance from these agents mostly because of the prominent brand name rather than having low rates.
The following are exclusive agencies in Lincoln that can give you price quote information.
- Allstate Insurance: Raymond Thielen
4949 N 26th St c – Lincoln, NE 68521 – (402) 435-5757 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Rob Bryant
6211 O St B – Lincoln, NE 68510 – (402) 488-8997 – View Map
- State Farm: Vinnie Krikac
935 Plum St – Lincoln, NE 68502 – (402) 474-1173 – View Map
Picking the best insurance agency is decision based upon more than just a cheap price quote. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Lincoln?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Nebraska?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Lincoln?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
After receiving answers to your satisfaction to any questions you have as well as a price you’re happy with, chances are good that you have found an auto insurance agent that is reliable enough to service your policy.
Three reasons to insure your Pontiac vehicle
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Pontiac in Lincoln, car insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific minimum amounts of liability in order to license the vehicle. In Nebraska these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your vehicle, almost all lenders will require that you buy full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank will be required to insure your Pontiac for a lot more money and require you to reimburse them much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your car. Insurance will pay for many types of medical costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay for a defense attorney if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of having car insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially if you ever need it. The average driver in America is overpaying more than $865 each year so shop around once a year at a minimum to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Car insurance policy specifics
Understanding the coverages of your car insurance policy can help you determine the best coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. The terms used in a policy can be impossible to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP provide coverage for immediate expenses like pain medications, chiropractic care, X-ray expenses, prosthetic devices and rehabilitation expenses. They can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. Coverage applies to not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants in addition to any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not an option in every state but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Comprehensive insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You need to pay your deductible first and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things like a tree branch falling on your vehicle, rock chips in glass, a broken windshield, theft and falling objects. The most you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
This protects you and your vehicle when the “other guys” either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered claims include medical payments for you and your occupants and also any damage incurred to your Pontiac G8.
Because many people only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (25/50/25 in Nebraska), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is very important. Normally these coverages are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Liability coverage protects you from damage that occurs to other people or property in an accident. It protects you against other people’s claims. Liability doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You commonly see values of 25/50/25 which stand for $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and property damage coverage for $25,000. Occasionally you may see a combined limit which provides one coverage limit and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability coverage pays for claims such as repair costs for stationary objects, attorney fees, medical expenses, loss of income and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. How much liability should you purchase? That is up to you, but you should buy as high a limit as you can afford. Nebraska state law requires minimum liability limits of 25/50/25 but it’s recommended drivers buy more liability than the minimum.
The chart below shows why low liability limits may not provide you with enough coverage.
Collision coverage protection
This covers damage to your G8 resulting from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You first must pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage pays for things like colliding with a tree, colliding with another moving vehicle, sustaining damage from a pot hole and crashing into a building. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. You can also choose a higher deductible on your G8 to bring the cost down.
Best auto insurance in Lincoln
Picking a high-quality company can be a challenge considering how many companies provide coverage in Nebraska. The company rank data shown below can help you analyze which coverage providers you want to consider comparing price quotes from.
Top 10 Lincoln Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- State Farm
- Safeco Insurance
- American Family
- Liberty Mutual
- The Hartford
- Farmers Insurance
Quote more and you will save more
Cost effective Pontiac G8 insurance can be purchased both online and with local Lincoln insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both so you have a total pricing picture. A few companies may not offer online rate quotes and usually these regional insurance providers only sell through independent insurance agents.
When buying insurance coverage, do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many situations where an insured dropped full coverage and found out when filing a claim they didn’t have enough coverage. Your aim should be to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest price while still protecting your assets.
In this article, we covered a lot of ways to reduce Pontiac G8 insurance premium rates online in Lincoln. It’s most important to understand that the more times you quote, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable Pontiac G8 insurance quotes. You may even find the lowest premium rates are with a small local company.
Additional information can be found at these links:
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Affordable Lincoln Auto Insurance for a Toyota RAV4? (FAQ)
- How Much is Lincoln Auto Insurance for a Chevrolet Silverado? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Over Age 50 in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota Tacoma in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)