Shockingly, nearly 70% of consumers kept buying from the same company for well over three years, and just under half have never quoted auto insurance rates at all. Nebraska insurance shoppers could save approximately 30% each year, but most tend to underestimate the big savings they would realize if they switched to a more affordable policy.
The preferred way to find cheaper prices for Ford GT insurance in Lincoln is to start comparing rates regularly from insurance carriers in Nebraska. You can compare prices by following these guidelines.
- Step 1: Get a basic knowledge of what coverages are included in your policy and the measures you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that cause high rates such as speeding tickets, careless driving and a less-than-favorable credit rating can be controlled by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Read the full article for the details to keep prices down and get additional discounts that may have been overlooked.
- Step 2: Quote rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote prices from multiple sources.
- Step 3: Compare the quotes to your existing rates to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a better price, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Step 4: Tell your current company of your intent to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application to your new insurance company. As soon as you have the new policy, place your new certificate of insurance somewhere easily accessible.
One bit of advice is to try to use the same liability limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to get quotes from every insurance company. This helps ensure a fair rate comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
Finding and comparing cheaper protection in Lincoln is not as difficult as people think. If you have insurance now or just want to save money, use these cost-cutting techniques to cut your premiums without sacrificing coverage. Comparison shoppers just need to use the best way to compare rate quotes online from multiple companies.
The most recommended method to compare car insurance rates for Ford GT insurance in Lincoln is to know the trick almost all companies provide online access to quote your coverage. To begin a comparison, all you need to do is give them rating details including how much education you have, whether or not you need a SR-22, which vehicles you own, and the ages of drivers. The rating information gets transmitted to insurance carriers in your area and you will receive price estimates very quickly.
To compare affordable Ford GT insurance rates now, click here and find out if lower rates are available in Lincoln.
The car insurance companies shown below offer price comparisons in Nebraska. If your goal is to find the best auto insurance in Lincoln, we suggest you compare several of them to get the cheapest price.
Lincoln insurance discounts for a Ford GT
Companies that sell car insurance don’t list every discount very well, so we researched some of the best known in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits available to you.
- Smart Student Discounts – This discount can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. This discount can apply until age 25.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to participate in a local driver’s education class in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Active Military Service – Being on active duty in the military can result in better insurance rates.
- Driving Data Discount – Insureds who allow their company to scrutinize driving manner remotely such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate might get better premium rates as long as they are good drivers.
- Accident Forgiveness – Not a discount per se, but a few companies such as Allstate, State Farm and GEICO will turn a blind eye to one accident before your rates go up if you are claim-free for a certain period of time.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Drivers who require all occupants to wear their seat belts could save 15% on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than their less cautious counterparts.
One thing to note about discounts is that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. Most only cut specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. So when the math indicates having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you’re out of luck.
Larger insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts can be found below.
- State Farm discounts include good driver, defensive driving training, Drive Safe & Save, multiple policy, accident-free, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and good student.
- GEICO offers discounts for multi-policy, air bags, multi-vehicle, anti-lock brakes, anti-theft, membership and employees, and emergency military deployment.
- Liberty Mutual may have discounts that include multi-car, new move discount, good student, safety features, multi-policy, new vehicle discount, and exclusive group savings.
- The Hartford includes discounts for driver training, bundle, air bag, vehicle fuel type, defensive driver, and good student.
- MetLife has discounts for defensive driver, multi-policy, claim-free, accident-free, good driver, good student
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including multi-policy, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, online signing, continuous coverage, and homeowner.
If you need low cost Lincoln car insurance quotes, ask every prospective company how many discounts you can get. Savings may not apply to policyholders in Lincoln.
Local Lincoln insurance agencies
Some consumers would rather buy from a local agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Experienced insurance agents will help you protect your assets and help you file claims. One of the benefits of getting online price quotes is you may find better rates and still buy from a local agent. Buying from local insurance agents is important especially in Lincoln.
After completing this simple form, your insurance coverage information gets sent to companies in Lincoln that can provide free Lincoln car insurance quotes to get your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact any agents since price quotes are sent immediately to your email address. If you have a need to quote rates from a specific insurance company, you just need to find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
Picking the best insurance company should depend on more than just a cheap price quote. The following questions are important to ask.
- Is the agency active in community causes in Lincoln?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- Is the agent properly licensed in Nebraska?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
Lower Your Lincoln Insurance Premiums
Lots of factors are taken into consideration when you get a price on insurance. Some are obvious such as your driving record, but others are not quite as obvious like where you live or how financially stable you are. It’s important that you understand the rating factors that aid in calculating the price you pay for insurance. If you have some idea of what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that may result in big savings.
Listed below are just a few of the factors used by your company to calculate premiums.
Insurance premiums are higher for high performance vehicles – The performance of the car or truck you are insuring makes a significant difference in how high your rates are. The lowest base rates tend to be for the lowest performance passenger models, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
Discounts for multiple policies – Many insurance companies apply a discount to insureds who consolidate policies with them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even if you qualify for this discount already, you still need to compare Ford GT rates in Lincoln to guarantee you are still saving the most.
High coverage deductibles cost less – Physical damage protection, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, covers damage that occurs to your Ford. Examples of covered claims are a windshield shattered by a rock, hitting a deer, and damage from a fallen tree branch. The deductibles you choose tell how much you are required to spend out-of-pocket if a claim is determined to be covered. The higher the amount you’re willing to pay, the better rate you will receive.
Teen vs. mature drivers – Older, more experienced drivers are more cautious drivers, tend to file fewer claims, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets. Beginning drivers are known to be easily distracted when at the wheel of a vehicle so they pay higher insurance rates.
More stress means more cost – Did you know your career choice can influence rates? Occupational choices like military generals, executives, and emergency personnel tend to pay higher rates than the rest of us because of stressful work requirements and long work days. Other jobs like farmers, athletes and performers generally pay rates lower than average.
Policy claims cost money – Insurance companies in Nebraska award better rates to drivers who are claim-free. If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can definitely plan on increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Your car insurance is meant to be used in the event of larger claims.
Protect more than your Ford GT
Despite the high insurance cost for a Ford GT in Lincoln, auto insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy specific limits of liability insurance coverage in order to license the vehicle. In Nebraska these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your GT has a lienholder, almost every bank will require that you buy full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender will be forced to insure your Ford for a lot more money and force you to pay the higher premium.
- Auto insurance preserves not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. It will also provide coverage for medical bills incurred in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay to defend you if you cause an accident and are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of buying auto insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially when you need to use it. On average, a vehicle owner in Lincoln overpays as much as $820 a year so you should quote rates at least once a year to save money.
Ratings for Lincoln car insurance companies
Ending up with the highest-rated insurance company can be a challenge considering how many choices there are in Nebraska. The company rank data shown next may help you choose which insurers you want to consider shopping prices with.
Top 10 Lincoln Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- Liberty Mutual
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- The General
Top 10 Lincoln Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 92%
- American Family – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Nationwide – 88%
- 21st Century – 88%
- The Hartford – 87%
- Progressive – 87%
- AAA Insurance – 87%
- Farmers Insurance – 87%
- Liberty Mutual – 87%
More effort can pay off
Cost effective Ford GT insurance can be sourced online and also from your neighborhood Lincoln agents, and you should compare price quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. A few companies do not provide online quoting and most of the time these small insurance companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
We covered quite a bit of information on how to find affordable Ford GT insurance in Lincoln. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the better your chances of lowering your rates. Consumers may even find the most savings is with the smaller companies.
People change insurance companies for any number of reasons including an unsatisfactory settlement offer, delays in paying claims, not issuing a premium refund and poor customer service. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a new car insurance company is easier than you think.
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Retired Military in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
- What if I Can’t Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Pickups fall short in headlight tests (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)