It’s hard to fathom, but almost 70% of insureds in Nebraska have bought car insurance from the same company for well over three years, and just under half have never even shopped around for cheaper coverage. U.S. drivers could save $860 every year just by comparing rates, but they don’t know the large savings they would see if they changed companies.
It takes a little time, but the best way to get low-cost Honda S2000 insurance in Lincoln is to compare prices annually from insurance carriers that sell auto insurance in Nebraska. This can be done by following these steps.
First, get an understanding of what is in your policy and the things you can change to prevent high rates. Many factors that drive up the price such as traffic violations, accidents, and a negative credit score can be controlled by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. Keep reading for the details to get lower rates and find additional discounts.
Second, request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can quote rates for many different companies.
Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a lower rate, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
One important bit of advice is that you use the same level of coverage on every price quote and and to get rates from as many companies as you can. This provides an apples-to-apples comparison and a better comparison of the market.
The intent of this article is to let you in on the best way to quote coverages. If you have a current auto insurance policy, you stand a good chance to be able to reduce the price you pay using the ideas you’re about to read. Shoppers only need an understanding of the fastest way to shop from many different companies.
Honda S2000 Insurance Rates Can Be Cheaper
Lots of things are considered when pricing auto insurance. Most are fairly basic such as traffic violations, although some other factors are more obscure such as your marital status or how safe your car is.
- Policy add-ons could be costing you – There are quite a few extra add-on coverages you can purchase on your car insurance policy. Things like coverage for rental cars, towing coverage, and Farm Bureau memberships are examples of these. They may sound like good ideas when deciding what coverages you need, but if they’re wasting money eliminate them to save money.
- Rate your vehicle for proper use – The higher the miles on your Honda in a year’s time the more you will pay for car insurance. The majority of insurers charge to insure your cars determined by how the vehicle is used. Autos that are left in the garage receive better premium rates than those used for commuting. Having the wrong rating on your S2000 can result in significantly higher rates. Verify your car insurance policy correctly shows how each vehicle is driven.
- Always keep your car insurance policy in place – Having a lapse in insurance coverage is a quick way to pay more for car insurance. In addition to paying higher premiums, the inability to provide proof of insurance may earn you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license. You could then be forced to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the Nebraska motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
- Cheaper to insure gals? – Over the last 30 years, statistics show that women are safer drivers than men. However, this does not mean men are worse drivers. Females and males cause accidents in similar percentages, but the men cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Not only that, but men also get cited for more serious violations like reckless driving and DUI.
- Single vs. married – Walking down the aisle may cut your premiums on your car insurance bill. It may mean you are more mature and it’s statistically proven that drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Your credit rating is important – Having a good credit score is a big factor in calculating your car insurance rates. Consumers who have very good credit scores tend to be less risk to insure as compared to drivers with lower credit ratings. Therefore, if your credit rating is lower than you’d like, you could save money insuring your Honda S2000 by taking the time to improve your credit score.
- Frequent car insurance claims will cost you more – If you’re an insured who likes to file claims don’t be surprised to see higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Insurance companies in Nebraska award the best rates to policyholders that do not abuse their auto insurance. Your car insurance is intended for claims that you cannot pay yourself.
Companies offer many types of discounts on Honda S2000 insurance in Lincoln
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always publicize the entire discount list very well, so the next list breaks down both the well known as well as some of the hidden discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Lincoln car insurance online.
- Federal Government Employee – Simply working for the federal government can save as much as 8% with certain companies.
- Paper-free Discount – A handful of companies give back up to $50 for buying your policy on the web.
- Driver Safety – Successfully completing a driver safety course could save 5% or more and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with ABS braking systems or traction control prevent accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Cut your cost by having your teen driver successfully complete driver’s ed class if offered at their school.
- Bundle and Save – If you have multiple policies with the same insurance company you may save as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Cars that have air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems could see savings up to 30%.
Consumers should know that many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. So when it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
A few popular companies and some of the premium reductions they offer can be found below.
- Progressive may have discounts that include multi-vehicle, online signing, online quote discount, homeowner, and multi-policy.
- GEICO may offer discounts for anti-lock brakes, daytime running lights, driver training, air bags, good student, anti-theft, and membership and employees.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including defensive driving training, safe vehicle, Drive Safe & Save, Steer Clear safe driver discount, driver’s education, and multiple autos.
- Esurance has discounts for online quote, Switch & Save, good student, defensive driver, and DriveSense.
- The Hartford offers premium reductions for defensive driver, anti-theft, good student, air bag, driver training, and bundle.
If you need lower rates, check with all the companies to give you their best rates. Savings might not be available to policyholders in Lincoln. To see a list of providers that offer some of these discounts in Lincoln, follow this link.
You can lower your insurance rates
Cheaper insurance in Lincoln is definitely available from both online companies and from local agencies, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance companies do not offer internet price quotes and most of the time these smaller companies work with local independent agencies.
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of information how to find affordable Honda S2000 insurance in Lincoln. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get prices for, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even find the biggest savings come from a small local company. Some small companies may have significantly lower prices on certain market segments than their larger competitors like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
Helpful learning opportunities
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers with Bad Credit in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Toyota Highlander in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Young Drivers in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- How Much is Lincoln Car Insurance for Teenage Females? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Postal Workers in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Real Estate Agents in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)