To save the most money, the best way to find discount Subaru BRZ insurance is to compare prices annually from insurance carriers that sell auto insurance in Lincoln.
- Spend some time learning about car insurance and the things you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that cause rate increases like high-risk driving behaviors and a poor credit score can be amended by being financially responsible and driving safely. Later in this article we will cover tips to prevent expensive rate increases and find discounts that may have been missed.
- Compare rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agencies can provide price quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find better rates and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Provide written notification to your current company to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit a down payment along with a signed application to your new company or agent. Once the paperwork is finalized, store the proof of insurance paperwork with your vehicle’s registration.
One tip to remember is to use similar deductibles and liability limits on every quote and and to look at every company you can. Doing this enables the most accurate price comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
A recent auto insurance study discovered that almost 70% of drivers in Nebraska renewed their policy with the same company for four years or more, and almost 40% of drivers have never compared quotes from other companies. With the average premium in America being $1,847, drivers could save up to 46.5% every year, but they just don’t understand the big savings they would realize if they bought a different policy.
Cheapest Subaru insurance rates in Lincoln
The providers in the list below provide free rate quotes in Nebraska. To locate cheaper car insurance in Lincoln, we suggest you get rates from several of them to get the best price comparison.
Auto insurance discounts help lower rates for Subaru BRZ insurance in Lincoln
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but you might find some hidden discounts that you may not know about. Some of these discounts will be visible when you purchase, but lesser-known reductions have to be specifically requested before being credited.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being on active deployment in the military could trigger a small discount.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Low annual miles could be rewarded with cheaper premium rates.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Drivers who don’t have accidents pay less compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Taking part in a defensive driving class could save 5% or more and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Telematics Data – Drivers that enable driving data submission to spy on their driving habits through the use of a telematics system such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate may get a rate reduction as long as they are good drivers.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens can get reduced rates.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Cut your cost by having your teen driver successfully complete driver’s ed class as it can save substantially.
- Life Insurance – Not all auto insurance companies offer life insurance, but some may give you lower rates if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- ABS Brakes – Cars with ABS braking systems or traction control have fewer accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
It’s important to understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So despite the fact that it appears all the discounts add up to a free policy, it just doesn’t work that way. Any qualifying discounts will positively reduce your overall bill.
Popular auto insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are shown below.
- Farm Bureau may offer discounts for multi-policy, multi-vehicle, renewal discount, safe driver, and good student.
- State Farm has discounts for Steer Clear safe driver discount, safe vehicle, driver’s education, Drive Safe & Save, defensive driving training, accident-free, and multiple autos.
- Progressive offers discounts including multi-policy, multi-vehicle, homeowner, continuous coverage, online signing, and online quote discount.
- Allstate offers premium reductions for FullPay discount, utility vehicle, multi-policy, passive restraint, and safe driver.
- Nationwide includes discounts for anti-theft, accident-free, business or organization, family plan, easy pay, and good student.
- MetLife may include discounts for defensive driver, multi-policy, accident-free, good student, good driver, and claim-free.
Before purchasing a policy, check with each company or agent to give you their best rates. Some discounts might not apply in your area. If you would like to choose from a list of providers with significant discounts in Lincoln, click here.
Auto insurance is available from your local insurance agencies
Some people just want to have an agent’s advice and that is a personal choice. One of the benefits of comparing insurance prices online is that you can find lower rates and still have a local agent.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), your information gets sent to insurance agents in Lincoln who want to provide quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no need to even leave your home due to the fact that quote results will go to you. You can find the lowest rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you want to quote rates for a specific company, just search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
Finding the right insurance company should include more criteria than just a cheap price. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Lincoln?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in Nebraska?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- Which family members are covered?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- Are they full-time agents?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
Do you need an independent or exclusive auto insurance agent?
When researching a good insurance agency, you should know the different agency structures and how they can service your needs differently. Agents may be either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Exclusive insurance agents generally can only insure with one company like Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. Exclusive agencies are unable to compare other company’s rates so they have no alternatives for high prices. They receive extensive training in insurance sales which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
Below are Lincoln exclusive agents that can give you comparison quotes.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be independent can quote rates with many companies so they can quote policies amongst many companies and potentially find a lower price. If prices rise, your agent can switch companies which requires no work on your part.
If you are comparing auto insurance prices, it’s a good idea to include price quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to get the most accurate price comparison.
Below is a list of independent agencies in Lincoln who can help you get price quotes.
Car insurance can be complex
Always remember that when buying the right insurance coverage, there really isn’t a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Every insured’s situation is different.
For instance, these questions could help you determine if your situation might need professional guidance.
- Does every company file a SR-22 automatically?
- Are my company tools covered if they get stolen?
- What is an umbrella policy?
- What if a claim settlement is too low?
- Will my Subaru BRZ be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form.
The coverage is in the details
Understanding the coverages of your auto insurance policy aids in choosing appropriate coverage at the best deductibles and correct limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be impossible to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM) – Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when the “other guys” either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. It can pay for injuries to you and your family and damage to your Subaru BRZ.
Due to the fact that many Nebraska drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (25/50/25), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is very important.
Collision coverage – Collision insurance pays for damage to your BRZ resulting from a collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. A deductible applies then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage pays for things like crashing into a ditch, rolling your car and sustaining damage from a pot hole. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider removing coverage from lower value vehicles. You can also choose a higher deductible on your BRZ in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Liability coverages – Liability coverage will cover damage that occurs to a person or their property by causing an accident. This coverage protects you against claims from other people. It does not cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. Your policy might show policy limits of 25/50/25 that means you have $25,000 bodily injury coverage, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and property damage coverage for $25,000.
Liability can pay for things like repair bills for other people’s vehicles, loss of income, medical services and court costs. How much liability should you purchase? That is up to you, but buy as much as you can afford. Nebraska state minimum liability requirements are 25/50/25 but you should consider buying better liability coverage.
The chart below shows why minimum state limits may not provide you with enough coverage.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP) – Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP provide coverage for short-term medical expenses such as pain medications, EMT expenses, nursing services and dental work. They can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. It covers not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and also covers any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP coverage is only offered in select states and may carry a deductible
Comprehensive insurance – Comprehensive insurance covers damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims like a broken windshield, theft and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The maximum payout your auto insurance company will pay is the actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider dropping full coverage.
Compare but don’t skimp
As you restructure your insurance plan, do not sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many cases, an insured cut liability limits or collision coverage only to find out they didn’t have enough coverage. Your focus should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the lowest possible cost and still be able to protect your assets.
Consumers switch companies for any number of reasons including poor customer service, questionable increases in premium, lack of trust in their agent and high prices. It doesn’t matter what your reason, switching car insurance companies can be pretty painless.
A few companies do not provide rate quotes online and these smaller providers only sell coverage through independent agents. Lower-priced Subaru BRZ insurance in Lincoln is available online and also from your neighborhood Lincoln agents, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
Much more information about car insurance in Nebraska can be read on the following sites:
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Lincoln Car Insurance Quotes for a Ford Fusion? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for a 20 Year Old Female in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- How Much is Lincoln Car Insurance for Drivers Under 25? (FAQ)
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- What to do at the Scene of an Accident (Insurance Information Institute)