We don’t have to tell you that auto insurance companies don’t want policyholders to compare prices from other companies. People who rate shop once a year will, in all likelihood, switch car insurance companies because there is a high probability of getting low-cost coverage. A recent survey revealed that people who routinely shopped for cheaper coverage saved $865 a year compared to other drivers who never compared other company’s rates.
If finding the cheapest rates on Cadillac SRX insurance in Lincoln is your objective, then learning a little about how to choose a company and compare insurance coverage can make it easier to shop your coverage around.
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to quote cheaper auto insurance rates is to regularly compare quotes from providers who sell insurance in Lincoln. Prices can be compared by following these steps.
- Try to learn a little about what coverages are included in your policy and the factors you can control to keep rates in check. Many rating criteria that cause high rates like traffic violations, accidents, and poor credit rating can be eliminated by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Request price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if cheaper SRX coverage is available. If you find a lower rate and make a switch, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Give proper notification to your current agent or company of your decision to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit a down payment along with a signed application for your new policy. Immediately place the new proof of insurance certificate with your vehicle’s registration.
A tip to remember is to make sure you’re comparing the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each quote and and to get price quotes from every company you can. This guarantees an accurate price comparison and a thorough price selection.
Cutting your Lincoln insurance rates is actually easier than you may think. The only thing you need to do is take time comparing price quotes online with multiple companies.
Comparing free rate quotes online is easy and it, takes the place of having to spend time driving to and from local Lincoln insurance agencies. Quoting Cadillac SRX insurance online can eliminate the need for a local agent unless your situation requires the extra assistance that you can only get from talking to an agent. Although, it is possible comparison shop online and get advice from an agent in your area.
The following companies have been selected to offer quotes in Nebraska. If you wish to find the best cheap auto insurance in Lincoln, we suggest you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Insurance coverage details
The information displayed below covers a range of insurance premium costs for Cadillac SRX models. Having a better idea how prices are formulated can help drivers make decisions when choosing a new policy provider.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|SRX Luxury 2WD||$224||$524||$282||$16||$84||$1,130||$94|
|SRX Luxury AWD||$224||$524||$282||$16||$84||$1,130||$94|
|SRX Performance 2WD||$250||$524||$282||$16||$84||$1,156||$96|
|SRX Performance AWD||$250||$524||$282||$16||$84||$1,156||$96|
|SRX Premium 2WD||$250||$524||$282||$16||$84||$1,156||$96|
|SRX Premium AWD||$250||$524||$282||$16||$84||$1,156||$96|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Nebraska minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, and safe-driver. Rates do not factor in specific location information which can impact premiums noticeably.
Full coverage rates compared to liability-only
The information below shows the comparison of Cadillac SRX auto insurance rates when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The rate quotes are based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, single status, and no other discounts are factored in.
When to stop paying for full coverage
There is no exact rule of when to phase out full coverage on your policy, but there is a general school of thought. If the annual cost of coverage is about 10% or more of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then it might be time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s pretend your Cadillac SRX settlement value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most your company would pay you is $2,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If you are paying over $200 annually to have full coverage, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
There are a few cases where eliminating full coverage is not in your best interest. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you are required to maintain full coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should keep full coverage.
Car insurance does more than just protect your car
Despite the high cost, insuring your vehicle is mandatory in Nebraska but it also protects more than you think.
First, just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific level of liability coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Nebraska these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a lien on your car, most lenders will make it mandatory that you have full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Cadillac at a significantly higher premium and make you pay the higher price.
Third, insurance safeguards your Cadillac and your assets. It will also pay for most medical and hospital costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers legal expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially with large liability claims. The average driver in America is overpaying over $800 each year so you should quote rates each time the policy renews to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Get cheaper rates by taking advantage of these nine discounts
Some insurance providers do not list all possible discounts very well, so the list below contains some of the more common as well as some of the hidden credits available to you.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Forcing all vehicle occupants to buckle up before driving could save 15% on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Early Switch Discount – Some companies reward drivers for switching to them before your current expiration date. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may earn rate discounts of 20% or more.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Drivers without accidents may receive a discount up to 45% compared to accident prone drivers.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Some insurance carriers give a lower auto insurance rate if you buy life insurance from them.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Drivers over the age of 55 may be able to get a small decrease in premiums.
- Pay Early and Save – If you can afford to pay the entire bill as opposed to paying monthly you can avoid the installment charge.
- Good Student – Maintaining excellent grades can save 20 to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you well after school through age 25.
- Telematics Discount – People who choose to allow their auto insurance company to analyze driving manner by using a telematics device such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive could possibly reduce rates as long as they are good drivers.
As a sidenote, many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So even though it sounds like all those discounts means the company will pay you, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
The example below shows the difference between Cadillac SRX insurance costs with and without discounts. The rate quotes are based on a male driver, no claims, a clean driving record, Nebraska state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, homeowner, and multi-car discounts applied.
Some of the insurance companies that may offer some of the above discounts are:
If you need affordable Lincoln car insurance quotes, ask each company or agent which credits you are entitled to. Some discounts listed above might not be offered on policies in Lincoln. To locate insurers that have a full spectrum of discounts in Nebraska, click here.
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
Always keep in mind that when comparing your policy, there really is not a best way to insure your cars. Your needs are unique to you.
Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining whether or not you would benefit from professional advice.
- Are my friends covered when driving my Cadillac SRX?
- What can I do if my company won’t pay a claim?
- When would I need rental car insurance?
- Should I buy only the required Nebraska minimum liability coverage?
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
- Is there coverage for my trailer?
- Is a driver training discount available?
- Am I covered when driving on a suspended license?
- What if I owe more than I can insure my car for?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
If you can’t answer these questions, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It is quick, free and you can get the answers you need.
Insurance agents can help
Many drivers prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that is just fine! Experienced insurance agents are highly skilled in risk management and will help you if you have claims. The biggest benefit of comparing rate quotes online is that you can obtain the best rates and still have a local agent.
After completing this simple form, the quote information is instantly submitted to insurance agents in Lincoln that provide free Lincoln car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You don’t have to visit any agencies as quotes are delivered to your email. If you want to compare rates from a specific company, you would need to navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Finding the right provider requires you to look at more than just the premium amount. Any good agent in Lincoln should know the answers to these questions.
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- Does the agent help file claims?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Lincoln?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
If you need to find a local Lincoln insurance agent, there are two different agency structures and how they can service your needs differently. Agencies in Lincoln are considered either independent or exclusive. Either can insure your vehicles, but it’s important to point out the difference in the companies they write for because it can impact buying decisions.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents work for only one company and some examples include AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. These agents are not able to provide other company’s prices so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents are well schooled on sales techniques and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive agents in Lincoln who can help you get rate quotes.
Independent Insurance Agencies
Agents in the independent channel do not work for one specific company so they can insure your vehicles through many companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If your premiums go up, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you don’t have to switch agencies.
If you are comparing rate quotes, you will definitely want to compare prices from at least one independent agent in order to compare the most rates.
The following is a list of independent insurance agencies in Lincoln that can give you rate quotes.
Specifics of your car insurance policy
Understanding the coverages of your car insurance policy helps when choosing the best coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. Car insurance terms can be ambiguous and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Comprehensive insurance covers damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first must pay your deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims like vandalism, a broken windshield, hitting a bird and damage from flooding. The maximum amount a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage provides protection when the “other guys” are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. It can pay for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as damage to your Cadillac SRX.
Since many Nebraska drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (Nebraska limits are 25/50/25), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. So UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked.
This can cover injuries or damage you cause to other people or property in an accident. Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. As an example, you may have values of 25/50/25 that means you have $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, $50,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability coverage protects against things such as court costs, bail bonds, loss of income, medical expenses and medical services. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is up to you, but consider buying as much as you can afford. Nebraska state minimum liability requirements are 25/50/25 but you should think about purchasing better liability coverage.
The illustration below demonstrates why minimum state limits may not provide you with enough coverage.
This covers damage to your SRX caused by collision with an object or car. You have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage pays for things such as sideswiping another vehicle, colliding with another moving vehicle and colliding with a tree. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. It’s also possible to bump up the deductible on your SRX to bring the cost down.
Medical expense coverage
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance pay for bills for prosthetic devices, doctor visits and EMT expenses. They are used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. They cover all vehicle occupants and will also cover getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not universally available and may carry a deductible
In the end, you can save money
Insureds switch companies for a variety of reasons including policy non-renewal, unfair underwriting practices, questionable increases in premium or being labeled a high risk driver. Regardless of your reason, finding the right car insurance provider is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
Discount Cadillac SRX insurance in Lincoln can be purchased both online in addition to local insurance agencies, so get free Lincoln car insurance quotes from both of them to have the best rate selection. Some car insurance companies do not offer the ability to get a quote online and usually these smaller companies only sell coverage through independent agents.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s not a good idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are too many instances where someone sacrificed full coverage only to find out that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your focus should be to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Other learning opportunities
- New Honda safety features benefit drivers of all ages (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Under 21 in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Lincoln Auto Insurance for a Toyota RAV4? (FAQ)
- How Much are Lincoln Auto Insurance Quotes for a Ford Explorer? (FAQ)
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Institute)
- Automakers compete to add autobraking (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)