A recent study showed that a large majority of drivers renewed their policy with the same company for a minimum of four years, and nearly half have never shopped around. Nebraska drivers can save hundreds of dollars each year just by comparing rates, but they think it’s difficult to save money by comparing rate quotes.
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to get budget auto insurance rates in Lincoln is to compare prices annually from companies who can sell car insurance in Nebraska. This can be done by following these guidelines.
- Step 1: Spend a few minutes and learn about the coverage provided by your policy and the factors you can control to keep rates in check. Many rating factors that result in higher rates such as accidents, traffic violations, and an unacceptable credit rating can be amended by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. This article provides tips to prevent high rates and find possible discounts that are available.
- Step 2: Compare price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can give you price quotes from multiple companies. View rates
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates to determine if you can save on Dakota insurance. If you can save some money and buy the policy, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Step 4: Provide proper notification to your current company to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application to your new company or agent. Once received, keep the new certificate verifying proof of insurance along with your vehicle registration.
One thing to point out is to make sure you enter the same level of coverage on every quote request and and to compare all possible companies. This helps ensure a fair rate comparison and the best price selection.
If you’re already insured or just want cheaper rates, you can learn to shop for the lowest rates while maintaining coverages. The goal of this article is to help educate you on how auto insurance companies operate and some tricks to saving. Consumers just need to understand the most efficient way to compare rate quotes online.
The fastest way that we advise to get policy rate comparisons for Dodge Dakota insurance in Lincoln is to know most of the larger companies have advanced systems to compare rate quotes. All you need to do is give them some information including the type of vehicles you drive, deductibles desired, how you use your vehicles, and how much school you completed. That rating information is then sent to many highly-rated insurers and they return rate quotes instantly to find the best rate.
If you would like to compare rates now, click here and complete the form.
The following companies are our best choices to provide free quotes in Nebraska. To locate cheaper auto insurance in Lincoln, NE, we recommend you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Discounts for lower-cost insurance quotes
Companies don’t necessarily list the complete list of policy discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the below list has a few of the more well known and the more hidden credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Distant Student Discount – Older children who attend college more than 100 miles from Lincoln and won’t have access to an insured vehicle can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Mature Driver Discount – Seniors could receive a small decrease in premiums.
- Active Military Service – Having a family member in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Switch and Save Discount – Select insurance companies give a discount for buying a new policy prior to your current Dakota insurance policy expiration. The savings is around 10%.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Drivers who elect to allow their insurance company to spy on driving habits by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system might get better premium rates if they exhibit good driving behavior.
One thing to note about discounts is that most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. Despite the fact that it seems like you could get a free insurance policy, it doesn’t quite work that way.
The diagram below compares Dodge Dakota premium costs with and without discounts applied to the premium. The information is based on a male driver, no claims or violations, Nebraska state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, marriage, multi-policy, multi-car, safe-driver, and homeowner discounts applied.
A partial list of companies that have these benefits include:
When getting free Lincoln car insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to all companies you are considering to apply every possible discount. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not be offered in Lincoln. To choose providers with discount insurance rates in Nebraska, click this link.
Data for Dodge Dakota insurance
The table displayed below outlines a range of coverage costs for Dodge Dakota models. Understanding more about how rates are formulated can assist in making decisions on which insurance to purchase.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Dakota ST Ext Cab 2WD||$120||$240||$382||$22||$114||$878||$73|
|Dakota Bighorn Ext Cab 2WD||$120||$240||$382||$22||$114||$878||$73|
|Dakota Lonestar Ext Cab 2WD||$138||$240||$382||$22||$114||$896||$75|
|Dakota ST Crew Cab 2WD||$138||$240||$382||$22||$114||$896||$75|
|Dakota Bighorn Crew Cab 2WD||$138||$284||$382||$22||$114||$940||$78|
|Dakota Lonestar Crew Cab 2WD||$138||$284||$382||$22||$114||$940||$78|
|Dakota Bighorn Ext Cab 4WD||$156||$240||$306||$18||$92||$812||$68|
|Dakota ST Ext Cab 4WD||$156||$240||$306||$18||$92||$812||$68|
|Dakota Laramie Crew Cab 2WD||$156||$284||$382||$22||$114||$958||$80|
|Dakota ST Crew Cab 4WD||$156||$240||$306||$18||$92||$812||$68|
|Dakota Lonestar Ext Cab 4WD||$156||$240||$306||$18||$92||$812||$68|
|Dakota Bighorn Crew Cab 4WD||$156||$240||$306||$18||$92||$812||$68|
|Dakota TRX Crew Cab 4WD||$156||$284||$306||$18||$92||$856||$71|
|Dakota TRX Crew Cab 4WD||$156||$284||$306||$18||$92||$856||$71|
|Dakota Lonestar Crew Cab 4WD||$156||$284||$306||$18||$92||$856||$71|
|Dakota Laramie Crew Cab 4WD||$174||$284||$306||$18||$92||$874||$73|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Nebraska minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, claim-free, homeowner, and multi-policy. Price estimates do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can affect premium rates noticeably.
The diagram below demonstrates how deductible levels and can change Dodge Dakota insurance prices for each different age category. The rates are based on a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are factored in.
Price comparison of only insuring for liability
The chart below compares Dodge Dakota insurance rates with and without physical damage coverage. The premium estimates are based on no violations or claims, $250 deductibles, single status, and no other discounts are factored in.
When to stop buying comprehensive and collision coverage
There is no exact rule to exclude full coverage, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is 10% or more of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Dodge Dakota claim settlement value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, you would only receive $7,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If you are currently paying more than $700 annually for physical damage coverage, then you might consider buying liability only.
There are some conditions where eliminating full coverage is not recommended. If you haven’t paid off your loan, you have to keep full coverage in order to satisfy the requirements of the loan. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not eliminate full coverage.
Best car insurance in Nebraska
Insuring your vehicle with the best auto insurance company can be challenging considering how many choices drivers have in Lincoln. The rank data displayed below may help you analyze which companies you want to consider comparing rates with.
Top 10 Lincoln Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 92%
- American Family – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Nationwide – 88%
- 21st Century – 88%
- The Hartford – 87%
- Progressive – 87%
- AAA Insurance – 87%
- Farmers Insurance – 87%
- Liberty Mutual – 87%
Top 10 Lincoln Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- State Farm
- Safeco Insurance
- American Family
- Liberty Mutual
- The Hartford
- Farmers Insurance
How Insurance Companies Calculate Dodge Dakota Insurance Rates
Consumers need to have an understanding of the factors that help determine the price you pay for auto insurance. When you understand what impacts premium levels, this allows you to make educated decisions that will entitle you to much lower annual insurance costs.
Shown below are just a few of the factors used by your company to calculate your premiums.
Bad drivers pay high costs – Attentive drivers pay lower auto insurance prices compared to drivers with tickets. Getting just one speeding ticket can increase rates forty percent or more. Drivers with dangerous tickets like DUI or reckless driving might be required by their state to submit a SR-22 form with their state’s department of motor vehicles in order to prevent a license revocation.
The illustration below demonstrates how citations and accident claims can affect Dodge Dakota auto insurance costs for each different age category. The rate quotes are based on a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
- Cars with good safety ratings cost less to insure – Vehicles with good safety scores tend to have better insurance rates. Vehicles engineered for safety reduce occupant injuries and any reduction in injury severity translates into savings for insurance companies and thus lower rates. If the Dodge Dakota earned at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website you may pay a lower rate.
- Combine policies and save – Most larger insurers allow discounts to buyers who buy several policies from them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. This can amount to ten or even up to twenty percent in some cases. Even if you qualify for this discount already, you may still want to compare other company rates to ensure the best deal. You may still be able to save money by buying auto insurance from a different company.
- Small frequent auto insurance claims are not good – If you are a frequent claim filer, you can pretty much guarantee either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Car insurance companies in Nebraska give better rates to people who only file infrequent claims. Your insurance policy is intended to be relied upon for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
- Incidental coverages can cost a lot – Insurance policies have a lot of optional add-on coverages you can purchase on your auto insurance policy. Insurance for replacement cost coverage, accident forgiveness, and membership fees are probably not needed. These coverages may sound good when discussing your needs, but if you don’t need them remove them and pocket the money.
Men are more aggressive – Over time, data shows that women are safer drivers than men. This data doesn’t prove that women are BETTER drivers than men. Both sexes are in accidents in similar numbers, but males cause more damage. Men also tend to get ticketed for serious violations like reckless driving and DUI. Males from age 16 to 21 are most likely to cause an accident and are penalized with high auto insurance rates.
The diagram below shows the comparison of Dodge Dakota yearly insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premiums assume no claims or driving citations, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, marital status is single, and no policy discounts are applied.