If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to find cheaper auto insurance rates is to compare quotes annually from providers in Lincoln. Rate comparisons can be done by completing these steps.
- Take a few minutes and learn about individual coverages and the steps you can take to keep rates down. Many factors that cause high rates such as at-fault accidents, careless driving, and a less-than-favorable credit history can be remedied by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Later in this article we will cover more information to get cheaper rates and get discounts that may be overlooked.
- Get rate quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote rates for many different companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find a better price and buy the policy, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
The key aspect of shopping around is to make sure you enter the same level of coverage on every price quote and and to get quotes from as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this ensures a fair price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
Shockingly, almost 70% of drivers kept their policy with the same company for well over three years, and 38% of customers have never compared insurance rates at all. Nebraska drivers could save an average of up to $400 each year just by comparing rates, but they underestimate the amount of savings they would get if they moved their coverage to a different company.
Finding quotes for affordable protection in Lincoln is not as difficult as people think. In essence, anyone who requires lower cost auto insurance will find a lower-cost company. But Nebraska car owners must comprehend how big insurance companies market insurance on the web and take advantage of how the system works.
Affordable Dodge insurance rate quotes in Lincoln
The car insurance companies shown below provide comparison quotes in Nebraska. To locate cheaper auto insurance in Lincoln, NE, it’s a good idea that you compare several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
Discount Lincoln auto insurance quotes
Car insurance can cost a lot, but there’s a good chance there are discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Some discounts apply automatically when you complete an application, but lesser-known reductions have to be specifically requested before you get the savings.
- Resident Student – Older children who are attending college and don’t have a car may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Insureds who allow data collection to study vehicle usage remotely such as State Farm’s In-Drive could save a few bucks if they are good drivers.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Driving fewer miles can earn better prices on cars that stay parked.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Buying a policy with all your vehicles on the same auto insurance policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Some insurance carriers give a discounted price on car insurance if you buy life insurance from them.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Federal government employees could qualify for a slight premium decrease with certain companies.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Cut your cost by having your teen driver complete a driver education course in high school.
- Claim Free – Insureds with no claims or accidents have much lower rates in comparison with accident-prone drivers.
- Defensive Driving Course – Completing a course teaching safe driver skills can save you 5% or more depending on where you live.
Consumers should know that most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Just because you may think you could get a free auto insurance policy, you’re out of luck. Any amount of discount will reduce your policy premiums.
Larger auto insurance companies and a selection of discounts are shown below.
- State Farm discounts include Drive Safe & Save, accident-free, anti-theft, good student, multiple autos, and driver’s education.
- Progressive includes discounts for multi-policy, good student, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, and homeowner.
- Travelers may include discounts for good student, driver training, IntelliDrive, hybrid/electric vehicle, and payment discounts.
- American Family may offer discounts for good student, multi-vehicle, mySafetyValet, early bird, accident-free, defensive driver, and good driver.
- Liberty Mutual may have discounts that include multi-car, multi-policy, teen driver discount, new graduate, safety features, and preferred payment discount.
If you want inexpensive Lincoln car insurance quotes, ask every company how many discounts you can get. Savings may not apply in Lincoln.
Insurance agents are trained to help
Many people would prefer to talk to an insurance agent. One of the benefits of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that you can find the best rates and still have an agent to talk to. And providing support for local agents is especially important in Lincoln.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), the quote information is transmitted to companies in Lincoln who want to provide quotes for your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to find an agent since rate quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. You can find lower rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you have a need to compare rates from one company in particular, feel free to visit that company’s website and fill out the quote form the provide.
When finding a good Lincoln insurance agent, you need to know there are two types of insurance agents and how they are distinctly different. Car insurance agents can be categorized as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel are not locked into one company and that allows them to write policies with multiple insurance companies and find you cheaper rates. If prices rise, an independent agent can move your coverage and you don’t have to switch agencies.
When comparing car insurance prices, you will definitely want to compare quotes from multiple independent agents for maximum quote selection. Most also write with companies that do not advertise much which could offer lower prices.
Featured below are Lincoln independent agencies that may be able to provide free car insurance rate quotes.
- Cornhusker Insurance Agency
6100 Apples Way #110 – Lincoln, NE 68516 – (402) 436-2423 – View Map
- Copple Insurance Agency, Inc.
1640 L St – Lincoln, NE 68508 – (402) 475-3213 – View Map
- Stuchlik and Associates Insurance
130 Cherry Hill Blvd – Lincoln, NE 68510 – (402) 489-8990 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These type of agents can usually just insure with one company such as State Farm, Allstate and AAA. They generally cannot shop your coverage around so you need to shop around if the rates are high. These agents are usually well trained on their products and sales techniques which helps them compete with independent agents. Consumers frequently buy insurance from these agents partially due to the brand legacy rather than low rates.
The following are exclusive insurance agents in Lincoln who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Karen Williams – State Farm Insurance Agent
233 N 48th St o – Lincoln, NE 68504 – (402) 434-6050 – View Map
- American Family Insurance – Linde Matthiesen
245 S 84th St #117 – Lincoln, NE 68510 – (402) 489-7799 – View Map
- State Farm: Genny Noerrlinger
6710 L St #110 – Lincoln, NE 68510 – (402) 488-7855 – View Map
Deciding on a car insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a low price. These are valid questions to ask:
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- What companies can they write with?
You can find cheap coverage
Consumers leave their current company for a variety of reasons including extreme rates for teen drivers, not issuing a premium refund, lack of trust in their agent and even unfair underwriting practices. Whatever your reason, finding a great new company can be easier than you think.
You just read a lot of information how to shop for Dodge Magnum insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the higher the chance of saving money. Drivers may even discover the biggest savings come from some of the lesser-known companies.
More affordable insurance in Lincoln can be sourced from both online companies in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should be comparing both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance providers may not have online rate quotes and many times these small insurance companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
Additional detailed information can be found in the articles below:
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Toyota Highlander in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Versa in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers Over Age 70 in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)