It takes a few minutes, but the best way to get cheaper auto insurance rates in Lincoln is to compare prices at least once a year from insurers who sell insurance in Nebraska.
Step 1: Gain an understanding of how car insurance works and the things you can control to prevent rate increases. Many things that increase rates like traffic citations and your credit history can be amended by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
Step 2: Quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide prices for many different companies.
Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your existing policy to see if cheaper Sonata Hybrid coverage is available. If you find a better price, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
Step 4: Notify your agent or company to cancel your current coverage and submit a down payment and signed policy application to your new insurance company. Immediately upon receiving it, put the new certificate of insurance in your vehicle.
The most important part of this process is to use the same coverage limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to get rate quotes from all possible companies. Doing this enables the most accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
It’s shocking but most drivers have remained with the same insurance company for well over three years, and about 40% of consumers have never compared rates from other carriers. Many drivers in Nebraska could save roughly $388 every year by just comparing rate quotes, but they don’t invest the time required to do a rate comparison.
Most of the larger companies like State Farm, GEICO and Progressive provide coverage price quotes online. Getting online rates for Hyundai Sonata Hybrid insurance in Lincoln doesn’t take a lot of time because you just enter the coverage amounts you desire into the form. After you complete the form, the quote system gets your driving record and credit report and returns pricing information determined by many factors.
Being able to quote online for Hyundai Sonata Hybrid insurance in Lincoln streamlines rate comparisons, and it is important to have as many quotes as possible if you are searching for cheap car insurance pricing.
To compare rates now, check out the car insurance providers below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend that you enter your coverages exactly as they are listed on your policy. Using the same limits helps guarantee you’re receiving a fair comparison based on identical coverages.
The following companies can provide quotes in Lincoln, NE. If you wish to find the best auto insurance in NE, it’s highly recommended you visit two to three different companies in order to find the cheapest rates.
Do you qualify for discounts on Hyundai Sonata Hybrid insurance in Lincoln?
Insurance can be pricey, but you may be missing some discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at the time of purchase, but a few need to be manually applied prior to receiving the credit.
- Professional Organizations – Participating in a civic or occupational organization in Lincoln could trigger savings when shopping for insurance.
- Lincoln Homeowners Discount – Owning a house in Lincoln can save a few bucks because maintaining a house requires personal responsibility.
- Active Service Discounts – Having a family member in the military could qualify you for better premium rates.
- ABS Brakes – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can avoid accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Accident Waiver – This one is not really a discount per se, but certain companies will turn a blind eye to one accident without the usual rate increase so long as you haven’t had any claims prior to the accident.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Driving fewer miles may enable drivers to earn slightly better premium rates than normal.
- Discount for Good Grades – Getting good grades may save you up to 25%. This discount can apply up until you turn 25.
Discounts save money, but please remember that some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Just because it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies wouldn’t make money that way. But any discount will definitely lower the premium cost.
Popular insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are shown below.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for mature driver, distant student, early shopping, multi-car, pay in full, business and professional, and switch companies.
- State Farm has savings for driver’s education, multiple autos, passive restraint, good student, defensive driving training, and anti-theft.
- Liberty Mutual may offer discounts for hybrid vehicle, teen driver discount, new move discount, preferred payment discount, new vehicle discount, safety features, and multi-car.
- MetLife offers discounts for good student, claim-free, accident-free, defensive driver, good driver, and multi-policy.
- Progressive discounts include continuous coverage, multi-policy, online signing, good student, and multi-vehicle.
Double check with each insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. Discounts may not be offered everywhere. If you would like to see a list of companies with the best discounts in Nebraska, click here.
Informed Drivers Know How to Find Auto Insurance at a Discount
A large part of saving on auto insurance is knowing the factors that are used to determine the price you pay for auto insurance. When you understand what determines base rates, this helps enable you to make changes that could help you find lower auto insurance prices.
- Proper usage rating affects premiums – The more you drive your Hyundai each year the higher your rate. The majority of insurers apply a rate based upon how you use the vehicle. Vehicles used primarily for pleasure use get more affordable rates than those that get driven frequently. A policy that improperly rates your Sonata Hybrid may be wasting your money. It’s a good idea to make sure your declarations sheet correctly shows the proper vehicle usage.
- Adjust coverage deductibles and save – Physical damage insurance, aka comp and collision, is used to repair damage to your Hyundai. Some coverage claims are collision with another vehicle, hitting a deer, and rolling your vehicle. The deductibles are how much you are required to spend out-of-pocket if you file a covered claim. The more you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the better rate you will receive.
- Don’t buy incidental coverages you don’t use – There are a lot of extra coverages that may not really be needed on your Sonata Hybrid policy. Coverages like replacement cost coverage, towing coverage, and extra life insurance coverage are probably not needed. They may seem good when you first buy your policy, but if you’ve never needed them in the past remove them from your policy.
- Lower rates for married couples – Having a significant other helps lower the price when buying auto insurance. It usually means you are more mature and it’s statistically proven that married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
- Always have auto insurance – Letting your insurance expire can be a sure-fire way to increase your auto insurance rates. And not only will insurance be more expensive, being ticketed for driving with no insurance may result in a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license. Then you may be required to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the Nebraska department of motor vehicles.
Hyundai Sonata Hybrid claim probability – Companies include the past claim history for a vehicle to help determine the price you pay. Models that the statistics show to have a higher amount or frequency of claims will cost more for coverage. The table below illustrates the insurance loss data used by companies for Hyundai Sonata Hybrid vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles averaged together is set at 100. Values under 100 indicate better than average losses, while percentage values above 100 indicate frequent claims or statistically larger claims.
Hyundai Sonata Hybrid Insurance Claim Statistics Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Hyundai Sonata Hybrid 142 116 119 124 138 121BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Can’t I get rate quotes from local Lincoln auto insurance agents?
A lot of people still like to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that can be a great decision Good agents can answer important questions and help in the event of a claim. A nice benefit of comparing insurance prices online is that drivers can save money and get better rates and still have a local agent. And buying from local insurance agencies is definitely important in Lincoln.
After completing this short form, your insurance coverage information gets sent to companies in Lincoln that can give you free Lincoln auto insurance quotes for your car insurance coverage. You don’t have to contact an agency because quoted prices will be sent directly to you. If you wish to compare prices for a specific company, you would need to search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
Different types of Lincoln car insurance agents
If you need to find a local agent, it’s helpful to know the different agency structures and how they are distinctly different. Car insurance agents in Lincoln are considered either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Both sell and service car insurance coverage, but we need to point out how they are different because it can factor into buying decisions.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that elect to be independent do not have single company limitations so as a result can place your coverage amongst many companies and find you the best rates. If they find a lower price, an independent agent can move your coverage and you stay with the same agent.
If you need cheaper car insurance rates, you will definitely want to get quotes from a couple of independent agencies for the best price selection. Most also have access to mutual insurance companies which could offer lower prices.
Featured below is a partial list of independent agencies in Lincoln who can help you get free car insurance rate quotes.
- Brokers Insurance
3325 A St – Lincoln, NE 68510 – (402) 434-0480 – View Map
- Davidson Insurance
5101 N 27th St – Lincoln, NE 68521 – (402) 465-1167 – View Map
- Jeff Munns Agency, Inc.
1617 Normandy Ct #102 – Lincoln, NE 68512 – (402) 436-2140 – View Map
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only write with one company and some examples include State Farm, Allstate and AAA. These agents are not able to compare rates from other companies so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agencies are well schooled on their products and sales techniques which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Consumers frequently buy from the same agent for years partially due to the prominence of the brand rather than having low rates.
The following are Lincoln exclusive insurance agencies who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Karen Williams – State Farm Insurance Agent
233 N 48th St o – Lincoln, NE 68504 – (402) 434-6050 – View Map
- State Farm – Lincoln – Steve Lang
1401 N 66th St Suite 206 – Lincoln, NE 68505 – (402) 467-2272 – View Map
- Chuck Clifford III – State Farm Insurance Agent
2710 S 70th St #103 – Lincoln, NE 68506 – (402) 483-6955 – View Map
Choosing an car insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just the premium amount. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- Does their agency support local causes in Lincoln?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Lincoln?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
Keep this in mind when shopping around
You just read a lot of ways to compare Hyundai Sonata Hybrid insurance prices in Lincoln. The key concept to understand is the more you quote Lincoln auto insurance, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers could even find that the best price on car insurance is with a smaller regional carrier.
While you’re price shopping online, make sure you don’t skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many cases where an accident victim reduced liability limits or collision coverage to discover at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The ultimate goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at a price you can afford while not skimping on critical coverages.
Insureds switch companies for any number of reasons including being labeled a high risk driver, delays in responding to claim requests, policy cancellation and not issuing a premium refund. No matter why you want to switch, finding a great new company is not as hard as you think.
Much more information about car insurance in Nebraska is located at these links:
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Used Cars in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- How Much are Lincoln Auto Insurance Quotes for a Ford Explorer? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Lincoln Auto Insurance for High School Students? (FAQ)
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)