Unimaginable but true, almost 70% of drivers have purchased from the same company for at least the last four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never compared rates from other carriers. Nebraska insurance shoppers could save themselves roughly 30% a year, but they just don’t understand the large savings they would see if they replace their high priced policy.
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to find discount car insurance rates in Lincoln is to regularly compare quotes from different companies in Nebraska.
- Take a little time to learn about car insurance and the modifications you can make to keep rates low. Many policy risk factors that result in higher rates like careless driving and a negative credit score can be eliminated by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide price quotes from multiple sources.
- Compare the new rates to your current policy premium and determine if cheaper Titan coverage is available in Lincoln. If you find a lower rate quote, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Tell your current company of your decision to cancel your current coverage and submit payment and a completed application to your new company or agent. As soon as coverage is bound, safely store the certificate of insurance in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
An essential thing to point out is that you’ll want to compare the same level of coverage on every quote request and and to get price estimates from as many different insurance providers as possible. This provides an apples-to-apples comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
Quoting more affordable car insurance policy in Lincoln is easy if you know what you’re doing. If you have coverage now or just want cheaper rates, take advantage of these tips to find better prices and still have adequate protection. Vehicle owners only have to learn the quickest way to compare insurance rates from many companies at once.
The cheapest Lincoln Nissan Titan insurance rate quotes online
The companies shown below can provide free quotes in Lincoln, NE. To get cheap auto insurance in NE, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
Insuring your Nissan Titan just makes sense
Despite the high cost, buying insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability insurance in order to license the vehicle. In Nebraska these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Titan, it’s most likely the lender will require that you have insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank will be required to insure your Nissan at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay the higher price.
- Insurance protects not only your car but also your financial assets. Insurance will also pay for medical bills for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability coverage also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you have damage to your Nissan as the result of the weather or an accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of having insurance outweigh the cost, especially when you need to use it. An average driver in America is overpaying more than $800 each year so shop around at least once a year to ensure rates are competitive.
Rates and other information
The premium table displayed below showcases different insurance rates for Nissan Titan models. Learning a little about how car insurance prices are determined is important for drivers to make decisions on the best policy to buy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Titan XE King Cab 4WD||$146||$262||$282||$16||$84||$790||$66|
|Titan XE King Cab 2WD||$164||$262||$352||$20||$106||$904||$75|
|Titan XE Crew Cab 4WD||$164||$262||$282||$16||$84||$808||$67|
|Titan SE King Cab 4WD||$164||$262||$282||$16||$84||$808||$67|
|Titan XE Crew Cab 2WD||$164||$262||$352||$20||$106||$904||$75|
|Titan SE King Cab 2WD||$164||$262||$352||$20||$106||$904||$75|
|Titan SE Crew Cab 4WD||$164||$308||$282||$16||$84||$854||$71|
|Titan Pro-4X King Cab 4WD||$164||$308||$282||$16||$84||$854||$71|
|Titan SE Crew Cab 2WD||$164||$308||$352||$20||$106||$950||$79|
|Titan Pro-4X Crew Cab 4WD||$164||$308||$282||$16||$84||$854||$71|
|Titan LE Crew Cab 4WD||$164||$308||$282||$16||$84||$854||$71|
|Titan LE Crew Cab 2WD||$182||$308||$352||$20||$106||$968||$81|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Nebraska minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle. Prices do not factor in your specific Lincoln location which can change prices noticeably.
The chart below illustrates how choosing a deductible and can influence Nissan Titan insurance premiums for different categories of driver ages. The data is based on a married female driver, full coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Difference between full coverage and liability only rates
The information below illustrates the difference between Nissan Titan yearly insurance costs when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The rate quotes are based on no claims or violations, $100 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are factored in.
When to buy liability coverage only
There is no written rule to eliminate comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a general convention. If the yearly cost of full coverage is 10% or more of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Nissan Titan settlement value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most you would get paid by your company is $7,000 after you pay the deductible. If it’s costing in excess of $700 annually for full coverage, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
There are some cases where only buying liability is not recommended. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you are required to maintain full coverage in order to satisfy the requirements of the loan. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not buy liability only.
Discounts for affordable car insurance rates
Car insurance can cost a lot, but you may qualify for discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically when you purchase, but a few must be specifically requested before being credited.
- Renewal Discounts – A few companies give discounts for renewing your policy before your current Titan insurance policy expires. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- No Claim Discounts – Drivers who don’t have accidents can save substantially in comparison with policyholders that have many claims.
- Low Miles Discount – Maintaining low annual mileage may allow you to get better prices on cars that stay parked.
- Mature Driver Discount – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may be able to get lower premium rates.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Teen drivers should take driver’s ed class in high school.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Select companies reward you with a discounted premium rate on car insurance if you buy life insurance from them.
- Pay Upfront and Save – By paying your policy upfront rather than spreading payments over time you could save up to 5%.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to buckle up before driving may be able to save a few bucks on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Memberships – Joining specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations could trigger savings when shopping for car insurance.
- Safe Drivers – Insureds without accidents can save as much as half off their rates than their less cautious counterparts.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. So when the math indicates you would end up receiving a 100% discount, car insurance companies aren’t that generous.
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of Nissan Titan insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. The rate quotes are based on a female driver, no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, Nebraska state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, homeowner, safe-driver, multi-policy, marriage, and multi-car discounts applied.
Companies and a partial list of their discounts are outlined below.
- State Farm offers discounts including good driver, safe vehicle, Drive Safe & Save, passive restraint, good student, and anti-theft.
- GEICO includes discounts for defensive driver, multi-policy, anti-theft, driver training, good student, and military active duty.
- SAFECO policyholders can earn discounts including anti-lock brakes, multi-car, teen safety rewards, bundle discounts, and safe driver.
- Farmers Insurance may include discounts for electronic funds transfer, good student, business and professional, early shopping, pay in full, and switch companies.
- AAA discounts include multi-car, good driver, AAA membership discount, good student, and education and occupation.
- USAA may have discounts that include loyalty savings, safe driver, multi-policy, driver training, vehicle storage, multi-vehicle, and defensive driver.
When getting a coverage quote, ask all companies you are considering which discounts you qualify for. Some discounts may not apply in every state. To view providers who offer discounts in Lincoln, follow this link.
Can’t I compare rates from local Lincoln car insurance agents?
A lot of people still like to visit with an insurance agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Most agents can help determine the best coverages and help you file claims. The biggest benefit of getting online price quotes is that you can obtain cheap insurance rates and still have a local agent. Putting coverage with small agencies is especially important in Lincoln.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is instantly submitted to insurance agents in Lincoln who will give competitive quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no need to search for any insurance agencies because quoted prices will be sent immediately to your email address. If you have a need to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, you would need to navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
If you would like to find a good Lincoln insurance agent, you need to know there are two types of insurance agents and how they can quote your rates. Insurance policy providers can be categorized as either exclusive or independent. Either can write insurance policies, but it’s important to point out the difference in how they write coverage since it could factor into the type of agent you choose.
Independent Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be independent are not restricted to one company so they have the ability to put coverage with many different companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. To transfer your coverage to a different company, your policy is moved internally and that require little work on your part.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, we recommend you contact a couple of independent agencies for maximum quote selection. They often place coverage with companies that do not advertise much that many times have cheaper rates.
Featured below are independent agencies in Lincoln that may be able to provide free rate quotes.
- Copple Insurance Agency, Inc.
1640 L St – Lincoln, NE 68508 – (402) 475-3213 – View Map
- Gary Thompson Agency, Inc.
4200 Lucile Dr a200 – Lincoln, NE 68506 – (402) 475-2609 – View Map
- Ogden Insurance Agency, Inc.
8531 Lexington Ave #102a – Lincoln, NE 68505 – (402) 466-5655 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These agents can only provide one company’s prices and some examples include State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. These agents are not able to shop your coverage around so they really need to provide good service. They are trained well on sales techniques which can be an advantage. Consumers frequently purchase coverage from exclusives primarily because of the prominent brand name rather than having the cheapest rates.
Shown below are exclusive insurance agents in Lincoln that can give you price quote information.
- Roger McGinnis – State Farm Insurance Agent
6900 O St #105 – Lincoln, NE 68510 – (402) 466-6300 – View Map
- State Farm: Genny Noerrlinger
6710 L St #110 – Lincoln, NE 68510 – (402) 488-7855 – View Map
- State Farm® insurance – Dean R Hoy
3883 Normal Blvd – Lincoln, NE 68506 – (402) 489-7171 – View Map
Finding the right auto insurance agent should include more criteria than just the bottom line cost. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
How to find a good Nebraska auto insurance company
Ending up with the best company can be a challenge considering how many different companies sell coverage in Lincoln. The company rank data shown below may help you analyze which car insurance providers to look at buying from.
Top 10 Lincoln Car Insurance Companies Overall
- 21st Century
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- American Family
In the end, you can save money
Affordable Nissan Titan insurance in Lincoln can be sourced from both online companies as well as from insurance agents, so get free Lincoln auto insurance quotes from both of them in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance companies may not have rates over the internet and many times these regional carriers only sell through independent agents.
As you quote Lincoln auto insurance, make sure you don’t skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are many occasions where consumers will sacrifice physical damage coverage to discover at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. The proper strategy is to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Throughout this article, we presented quite a bit of information on how to save on Nissan Titan insurance in Lincoln. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the better your comparison will be. Drivers may even discover the most savings is with an unexpected company.
More detailed insurance information is available in the articles below:
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
- Who Has Affordable Lincoln Car Insurance Quotes for Teenagers? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Toyota Highlander in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)