It goes without saying that insurance companies want to prevent you from shopping around. Consumers who shop for lower prices are very likely to move their business because there is a high probability of finding a lower-priced policy. Remarkably, a study showed that drivers who shopped around saved approximately $70 a month compared to people who never compared prices.
If finding the cheapest rates on car insurance in Lincoln is the reason you’re here, understanding the best way to quote and compare car insurance can help simplify the process.
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to get cheaper Subaru Impreza insurance in Lincoln is to do an annual price comparison from insurance carriers who sell auto insurance in Nebraska.
- Step 1: It will benefit you to learn about how insurance works and the things you can control to keep rates down. Many rating factors that result in higher rates such as accidents, careless driving, and a negative credit score can be remedied by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. Later in this article we will cover information to help prevent expensive coverage and earn a bigger discount.
- Step 2: Quote rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agents can provide price quotes from many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the quotes to your existing policy and determine if cheaper Impreza coverage is available. If you find a better price and buy the policy, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Step 4: Provide proper notification to your current company of your intention to cancel your existing policy. Submit payment and a completed application for your new policy. As soon as you can, put the certificate verifying proof of insurance in your vehicle.
A good piece of advice is that you’ll want to compare the same coverage limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to look at as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this guarantees a level playing field and maximum price selection.
Cheapest companies for Subaru Impreza insurance
The companies in the list below provide comparison quotes in Nebraska. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Subaru Impreza coverage statistics
The premium information below covers estimates of insurance coverage prices for Subaru Impreza models. Knowing how premiums are formulated can aid in making smart policy decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Impreza 2.5I 4WD Station Wagon||$200||$314||$338||$20||$102||$974||$81|
|Impreza 2.5I 4WD Station Wagon||$200||$314||$338||$20||$102||$974||$81|
|Impreza Outback Sport 4WD Station Wagon||$200||$382||$338||$20||$102||$1,042||$87|
|Impreza 2.5I AWD 4-Dr||$224||$382||$338||$20||$102||$1,066||$89|
|Impreza 2.5I Premium Package AWD 4-Dr||$224||$450||$338||$20||$102||$1,134||$95|
|Impreza WRX 4WD Station Wagon||$224||$450||$338||$20||$102||$1,134||$95|
|Impreza 2.5 GT 4WD Station Wagon||$250||$450||$338||$20||$102||$1,160||$97|
|Impreza WRX AWD 4-Dr||$250||$518||$338||$20||$102||$1,228||$102|
|Impreza 2.5I GT AWD 4-Dr||$250||$518||$338||$20||$102||$1,228||$102|
|Impreza WRX STI 4WD Station Wagon||$250||$518||$338||$20||$102||$1,228||$102|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Nebraska minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Information does not factor in specific location which can influence coverage prices greatly.
How violations and accidents impact rates
The chart below demonstrates how citations and at-fault claims can drive up Subaru Impreza premium costs for different age groups. The data is based on a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Annual premiums for males compared to females in Lincoln
The chart below shows the comparison of Subaru Impreza auto insurance costs for male and female drivers. The information is based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no other discounts are factored in.
Liability only or full coverage
The chart below illustrates the comparison of Subaru Impreza insurance prices with full coverage compared to only the Nebraska minimum liability coverage. The price estimates are based on no violations or accidents, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
When to drop comp and collision
There is no set guideline that works best for making the decision to drop physical damage coverage, but there is a general school of thought. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is more than about 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s say your Subaru Impreza book value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most you would receive is $8,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If premiums are more than $800 a year for comprehensive and collision coverage, then you might consider buying liability only.
There are a few situations where buying only liability insurance is not a good idea. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you must maintain physical damage coverage to satisfy the loan requirements. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should keep full coverage in place.
Save a ton with discounts
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but you may qualify for discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Most are applied when you purchase, but some must be asked for prior to receiving the credit.
- Lincoln Homeowners Discount – Owning a house in Lincoln can get you a discount due to the fact that maintaining a home is proof of financial responsibility.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Vehicles that have anti-lock braking systems are safer to drive so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Sign Online – Some of the larger companies will provide an incentive for completing your application over the internet.
- No Claims – Good drivers with no accidents can save substantially in comparison with frequent claim filers.
- College Student – Kids who are attending college and do not take a car to college may qualify for this discount.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being deployed in the military could be rewarded with lower premium rates.
You should keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though it sounds like it’s possible to get free car insurance, that’s just not realistic.
The example below illustrates the comparison of Subaru Impreza insurance premiums with and without discounts applied to the rates. The rate quotes are based on a female driver, no violations or claims, Nebraska state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, homeowner, multi-policy, multi-car, claim-free, and marriage discounts applied.
To see insurance companies with discount car insurance rates in Lincoln, click here to view.
Auto insurance quotes from local Lincoln insurance agents
Many people still prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent. Good agents are highly skilled in risk management and help file insurance claims. A good thing about getting free rate quotes online is you may find cheap auto insurance quotes and still have a local agent.
After completing this short form, your coverage information is sent to companies in Lincoln who will give competitive quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no need to find an agent on your own due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to you. If you want to get a price quote from a particular provider, feel free to navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
Choosing an provider shouldn’t rely on just a low price. These are valid questions to ask:
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Is the agent properly licensed in Nebraska?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- Can you get a list of referrals?
Different types of auto insurance agents in Lincoln
If you want to buy auto insurance from local Lincoln agents, it’s important to understand the different types of agencies to choose from. Auto insurance policy providers can be described as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Either one can sell affordable auto insurance policies, but it’s good to learn the difference in the companies they write for because it can influence your agent selection.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive work for only one company like American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. These agents are unable to compare rates from other companies so keep that in mind. They are very knowledgeable on sales techniques which helps them compete with independent agents.
Below are exclusive agencies in Lincoln who may provide you with price quote information.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agencies are not locked into one company so they have the ability to put coverage through many different auto insurance companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If your agent finds better pricing, your policy is moved internally and you don’t have to find a new agent. When comparing auto insurance rates, it’s recommended you get some free quotes from independent agents to get the most accurate price comparison.
Listed below are independent insurance agents in Lincoln that are able to give price quotes.
Lincoln auto insurance companies
Picking a highly-rated auto insurance company can be rather challenging considering how many companies there are in Lincoln. The ranking data shown next can help you decide which car insurance companies you want to consider when comparing rate quotes.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
The best insurance company isn’t always the cheapest
Discount Subaru Impreza insurance in Lincoln can be bought both online in addition to many Lincoln insurance agents, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some companies don’t offer internet price quotes and many times these regional insurance providers work with independent insurance agents.
As you shop your coverage around, it’s a bad idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. In too many instances, an accident victim reduced physical damage coverage only to regret they didn’t have enough coverage. Your goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at an affordable rate and still be able to protect your assets.
We just covered some good ideas how you can save on Subaru Impreza insurance in Lincoln. It’s most important to understand that the more companies you get car insurance rates for, the better likelihood of getting cheaper Lincoln car insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the biggest savings come from an unexpected company. Some small companies may only write in your state and offer lower car insurance rates than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm and Allstate.
More tips and info about auto insurance is located in these articles:
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Low Income Drivers in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)