Searching for lower-cost Lincoln Subaru WRX insurance quotes is intimidating for people who are beginners to quoting and comparing prices online. With literally dozens of online companies available, how can people efficiently compare all the different companies and get cheaper insurance rates?
Steps to finding affordable Subaru WRX insurance in Lincoln
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to find low-cost prices for Subaru WRX insurance in Lincoln is to regularly compare prices from insurance carriers that insure vehicles in Nebraska.
- First, spend a few minutes and learn about individual coverages and the things you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that cause rate increases like at-fault accidents and a lousy credit rating can be rectified by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Second, get rate quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can quote prices for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Third, compare the price quotes to your existing policy and see if you can save money. If you find better rates and change companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Fourth, provide adequate notice to your current company of your decision to cancel your existing policy. Submit a signed application and payment to the new company. As soon as you receive it, put the new certificate verifying coverage with the vehicle registration.
The key thing to know about shopping around is to try to compare identical coverage information on every quote request and and to get quotes from as many different companies as possible. This provides the most accurate price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
It’s amazing but a large majority of insurance policyholders have remained with the same insurance company for at least the last four years, and 38% of drivers have never even shopped around for lower-cost coverage. With the average premium in Nebraska being $1,400, drivers can save hundreds of dollars each year, but they just don’t understand how easy it is to shop around.
If you are insured now, you should be able to buy cheaper auto insurance using the following tips. Quoting and buying cheaper auto insurance in Lincoln can be fairly easy. Although Nebraska drivers do need to understand how companies price online insurance and use this information to your advantage.
Cheap Lincoln Subaru WRX insurance price quotes online
When comparison shopping, making a lot of price comparisons will increase your chances of finding a better price. Not every company provides online Lincoln WRX insurance quotes, so it’s necessary to compare price estimates on coverage from those companies, too.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer price quotes in Nebraska. If you want to find the best car insurance in Lincoln, it’s highly recommended you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
Save money with these rate reducing discounts
Some insurers don’t always advertise every policy discount in an easy-to-find place, so here is a list some of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts that may be available.
- Driver Education Discount – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to successfully take a driver’s education course as it can save substantially.
- Driver Training Discounts – Taking time to complete a course teaching defensive driver skills may get you a small discount if your company offers it.
- Senior Citizen Discount – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you could receive a discount up to 10%.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can get savings up to 30%.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying a policy with more than one vehicle on a single policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. So when it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you won’t be that lucky. Any amount of discount will cut the amount you have to pay.
A few companies that may offer most of the discounts above may include but are not limited to:
Before you buy a policy, ask each company which discounts they offer. Some discounts may not apply to policies in Lincoln. To choose insurance companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in Nebraska, click here to view.
Auto insurance is available from agents near you
A small number of people would rather sit down with an agent and that can be a smart move A good thing about price shopping on the web is that you can find cheap auto insurance quotes and also buy local.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, the coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in Lincoln who will give you bids for your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to contact an agency since price quotes are sent to you instantly. Get lower rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you wish to compare rates for a specific company, you just need to search and find their rate quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Finding the right provider should include more criteria than just the price. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Lincoln?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
Below is a short list of insurers in Lincoln willing to provide price quotes for Subaru WRX insurance in Lincoln.
- Solid Ground Insurance LLC
6000 South 58th Street Suite C – Lincoln, NE 68516 – (402) 420-7654 – View Map
- American Family Insurance – Douglas Kruce
5730 R St Ste D – Lincoln, NE 68505 – (402) 423-1224 – View Map
- Farley-Wolf Agency
7800 O St #103 – Lincoln, NE 68510 – (402) 483-1350 – View Map
- INSPRO Insurance
4000 Pine Lake Rd – Lincoln, NE 68516 – (402) 483-4500 – View Map
After receiving satisfactory answers to your questions in addition to an acceptable price estimate, it’s a good possibility that you have found an insurance company that meets the criteria to insure your vehicles. Keep in mind you can terminate coverage whenever you want so don’t think that you’re stuck with any specific agency for a certain time period.
Lower Insurance Rates with These Tips
Lots of factors are considered when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are obvious such as your driving record, but other criteria are not quite as obvious like your vehicle usage or your vehicle rating. Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the factors that come into play when calculating your car insurance rates. If you have some idea of what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables you to make decisions that could result in big savings.
Higher physical damage deductibles lower rates – Coverage for physical damage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, covers your vehicle from damage. Some coverage claims are a broken side mirror, flood damage, and damage from a fallen tree branch. Deductibles for physical damage are the amount of money you are willing to pay in the event of a claim. The higher the amount you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the bigger discount you will receive.
Higher premiums for tough vocations – Careers like judges, social workers, and dentists tend to pay higher premiums than the average policyholder because of high stress and extremely grueling work hours. Other occupations such as professors, historians and performers have the lowest average rates.
Safer occupants lowers car insurance rates – Vehicles with high crash test scores tend to have better insurance rates. Safe vehicles reduce the chance of injuries and any reduction in injury severity means less money paid by your insurance company and more competitive rates for policyholders.
Safeguard your assets with liability coverage – The liability coverage on your policy provides coverage if you are ruled to be at fault for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. Your liability coverage provides you with a defense in court to defend your case. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to physical damage coverage, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
Poor credit can mean higher rates – Having a bad credit rating is a large factor in determining what you pay. So if your credit leaves room for improvement, you could save money insuring your Subaru WRX by spending a little time repairing your credit. Consumers who have excellent credit scores tend to be better risks to insure as compared to drivers with lower credit scores.
Females tend to take less risk – Over time, data shows that females tend to be a little less risky than males. The data does not necessarily mean that males are worse at driving than females. Men and women are responsible for auto accidents at a similar rate, but the men tend to have higher claims. In addition to higher claims, males also get ticketed for serious violations like driving under the influence (DUI). Young males generally have the highest accident percentage and are penalized with high car insurance rates.
Insurance loss statistics a Subaru WRX – Insurers include the past claim trends for vehicles to help calculate premium costs. Vehicles that tend to have higher prevalence or dollar amount of losses will cost more for coverage.
The table shown below demonstrates the historical loss data for Subaru WRX vehicles. For each type of coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is represented as 100. Values that are below 100 suggest a positive loss record, while numbers above 100 point to more losses or larger claims.
|Specific Subaru Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Subaru WRX 4WD||141||82||158||94||81||84|
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Why you need quality insurance for your vehicle
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Subaru in Lincoln, insuring your vehicle is mandatory in Nebraska but it also protects more than you think.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires specific limits of liability insurance coverage if you want to drive legally. In Nebraska these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Subaru has a loan, almost all lenders will make it a condition of the loan that you have full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your Subaru for a much higher rate and require you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects not only your Subaru WRX but also your financial assets. It will also pay for medical bills for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers legal expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, your policy will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of having insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially for larger claims. On average, a vehicle owner in Lincoln overpays more than $800 each year so smart consumers compare quotes every year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Nebraska car insurance company ratings
Picking the top insurance company can be rather challenging considering how many different companies insure vehicles in Lincoln. The company rank data listed below may help you select which auto insurers to look at comparing price quotes from.
Top 10 Lincoln Car Insurance Companies Overall
- 21st Century
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- American Family
Compare. Compare. Compare.
Lower-priced Subaru WRX insurance in Lincoln can be bought online and from local agencies, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some car insurance companies may not have the ability to get quotes online and these smaller providers only sell coverage through local independent agents.
We just covered quite a bit of information on how to lower your Subaru WRX insurance prices in Lincoln. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even discover the best prices are with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s very important that you do not buy poor coverage just to save money. There are a lot of situations where drivers have reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret that it was a big mistake. Your goal should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best possible price while still protecting your assets.
How to find more affordable Subaru WRX insurance in Lincoln
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to find cheaper prices for auto insurance rates is to start comparing rates regularly from insurers in Lincoln.
- First, try to learn a little about individual coverages and the measures you can take to keep rates in check. Many things that drive up the price like traffic citations, accidents, and poor credit can be eliminated by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Second, compare prices from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote prices from multiple insurance companies.
- Third, compare the new rates to the price on your current policy to determine if you can save on WRX insurance in Lincoln. If you find a lower rate and decide to switch, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
One important bit of advice is that you use similar deductibles and liability limits on each quote and and to compare all possible companies. This helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete rate analysis.
Additional car insurance information can be read at the links below
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Active Military in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a 20 Year Old Male in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Government Employees in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)